PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a block chopper...

atasteofnature
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Hello guys. I live here in North Webster, IN about 45mins NW of FT. Wayne, IN. I didn't know if anyone close to me had a retaining wall block chopper? I am chisling all these blocks in half and in pieces making 5 pillars. I really don't have the means to buy one but would love to rent or borrow one and willing to drive to get it and bring it back. Anything that would cut my time so much would be amazing. I have always been told to ask the question because the worst answer is know. Thank you once again for everything.

atasteofnature
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I looked on pave tech website and i guess they are called block splitters. sorry for the wrong name. Thanks again.

PlatinumLandCon
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
HD in my area rents them out. Why not rent a 14" gas saw to cut them smoothly?

atasteofnature
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM
i need that rough look around the pillars. It needs to match the face that is comes with so if you chop/splitt the block it will give it that apperance. Not to sound funny but HD meaning home depot?

ROYBOBCAT
10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
All the block suppliers rent them around here. They work awesome for rough cut splitting.

atasteofnature
10-21-2008, 08:24 PM
I was thinking as well. They little town suppliers don't have any so tomorrow i am going to the big cities and see what they know. Thank you so much for that info. Everyone have a great evening

baddboygeorge
10-21-2008, 10:32 PM
then beat it up with a block hammer an you can never tell it was saw cut!!

atasteofnature
10-22-2008, 09:46 AM
nice. i could do that. thank you for the idea.

baddboygeorge
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
when I first started cutting blocks i would just cut an stack then when you really looked at it I didnt like that cut look so one day I took my block hammer an started my art work , now days you cant even tell that i cut any blocks !!