PDA

View Full Version : New bus. name..Your Opinion please

augs dad
02-11-2002, 09:05 AM
Lawnworks & More...or
Lawnworks Plus

Trying to stay away from just 'lawn service' or 'landscape' phrases since most of my work will be maintenance with a small amount of planting. Will offer other services such as exterior Xmas decorating, driveway sealing, etc (only as time permits)

Be blunt...like or no-like the possible names?

Thanks much...Gary in Central PA

PAPS
02-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Lawnworks is good... forget the "&" something

eggy
02-11-2002, 09:52 AM
I used Mowing Service with my name, I wish now I wouldnt have I feel that people think all that is provided is mowing , to be honest when I first started I thought that is all we would do, but as years have gone on we find the add on services are what we like to sell in.

augs dad
02-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Brian...

Your comments are why the 'and more' might work for me. When I've tested this name on friends and potential clients in almost each case they asked me..what does the 'and more' include? In my rookie (but I'm no pup) opinion getting someone to ask you a question about your services is a good thing. Better money is in services other than cutting grass. thanks again..gary

Lawns2nv
02-11-2002, 04:10 PM
I like Lawnworks Plus... Because later down the road you may want to expand your biz. into other areas of outside work beside jus maintence.. Thats my .02 cents

gogetter
02-11-2002, 04:54 PM
I like Lawnworks Plus out fo those two choices.

heygrassman
02-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with it. It does not thrill me but it should work. I would fear that is leans more towards grass cutting. I was leaning towards Outer Home Management eariler from my name but wanted to stick more on the green side.

Just one thought..

jf

walker-talker
02-12-2002, 01:30 PM
I like Lawnworks

MATT

eggy
02-12-2002, 04:45 PM
I guess its really up to you! You could use one name and then maybe a phrase underneath, I belive that is what I am going to start doing.

Equipguy
02-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Forget the &, go with the Plus.....leaves room for future expansion. Good Luck!