PDA

View Full Version : Had my equipment stolen

Prosno
10-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Parked my trailer in the drive for the afternoon it had two scag ZTRs, a 48 walkbehind scag, and a new 14 hp Fradan leaf blower.
Some scumbags backed up drive in broad daylight and stole the Fradan off the trailer-What the heck is wrong with people???
Really screws up my week cause now I have to search the pawn shops and see if it turns up and if not buy another unit.
I always took equipment theft for granted and figured heck I'm in a quiet neighborhood it wont happen here, ya right!

Weedas_Lawn_Care
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
its one thing if you steal a mans T.V. he goes without intertainment but stealing his equipment you steal his livelyhood people are amazing what they will do

punt66
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Parked my trailer in the drive for the afternoon it had two scag ZTRs, a 48 walkbehind scag, and a new 14 hp Fradan leaf blower.
Some scumbags backed up drive in broad daylight and stole the Fradan off the trailer-What the heck is wrong with people???
Really screws up my week cause now I have to search the pawn shops and see if it turns up and if not buy another unit.
I always took equipment theft for granted and figured heck I'm in a quiet neighborhood it wont happen here, ya right!

where in CT are you?

Prosno
10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
where in CT are you?

Wallingford

CAT powered
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
What part of Wallingford? I'm from Wallingford and I'll keep a close eye out for anything I might see. I'm from out by the Woodhouse soccer fields. Just curious what part of town you were in when the blower was stolen?

CAT powered
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit my post.

I had a STIHL TS400 stolen right out of the back of my truck. It was parked on the street because it had a trailer on it. The saw was way in the front of a utilty body where you couldn't see it unless you stood on the bumper/trailer tongue to look in the bed.

A few places to check are the pawn shop on State Street in New Haven and the Redwood flea market in Wallingford down by the Oakdale (Chevrolet Theater).

Prosno
10-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm up in Ridgeland in the ridges truck and trailer was in driveway, happened about 2 pm daylight. Ubelievable frikken people, still cant believe it.

CAT powered
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I drive by the Redwood Flea-Market every Saturday and Sunday and there is a guy there that has a booth set up with landscaping equipment EVERY week. I haven't seen any big blowers or anything there, but I'd still check that out. I've always thought that place had a lot of stolen stuff there. Hopefully if they get caught with stolen stuff there they might finally shut that stupid place down. People there drive like IDIOTS and they park 3/4 on the road.

TexasFire221
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Going by the pawn shops wouldnt do much good would it? Don't the keep everything in the back for 90 days or something?

Prosno
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Police called last night and wanted numbers from my blower, said they had a suspect so lets see how this goes, havent heard anything yet but I'll update

punt66
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Police called last night and wanted numbers from my blower, said they had a suspect so lets see how this goes, havent heard anything yet but I'll update

thats good news

Guzman Properties
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, hope it all works out for you.

CAT powered
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Boy you're lucky. The Wallingford PD is about useless on most stuff and if they get a newbie he wants to charge everyone for everything.

Examples: (overzealous) Guy was cutting a tree (10 or 12 foot cedar) near the road and it happens to fall the wrong way and hit a car. Guy's buddy sees what happens and pulls the tree out of the road with his tractor. Cop shows up. Charges tree cutter with attempted manslaughter and he tries to tell his buddy with the tractor that he had "Tampered with a crime scene" and tries to tell him that he's going to write him a ticket for having an unregistered motor vehicle on the road. Needless to say the buddy was charged with nothing and received an apology and tree cutter man had to buy a new car to replace the one he hit, but wasn't convicted on manslaughter.

Example: (useless) I was working at a job where myself and 3 helpers were installing 10 foot tall arbor-vites (sp?) and an old guy pulls is Jeep Cherokee over on the side of the road. I see him walking around his car talking on the phone, but think he's crazy at first. When I swing the excavator back around with another plant in the bucket his car is smoking. At this point I stop the machine and tell my guys to go see what's up while I look for a fire extinguisher. One of my trucks goes by so I stop him and get the fire extinguisher out. I empty the fire extinguisher into the drivers seat, which has burst into flames at this point. Right about now a Wallingford PD cruiser comes down the road. The girl driving it looks over at us, turns around, and goes back the other way! At this point we are shoveling dirt onto his seats to try to smother the flames. A Yankee Gas SUV is going by and he stops and gets his fire extinguisher and he is able to extinguish the flames completely. About 5 minutes later the Wallingford FD shows up and kinda walks off the truck real slow to go see what happened. They pop the hood (The fire was contained to the passenger compartment) and then run out a hose to clean off their boots because some of the dry chem from the extinguishers had gotten on them. The guy had been on the phone with the FD when I'd first seen him. The funniest thing about it all was once the tow truck showed up the guy hooks onto the back end of the car. I told my helpers "Wanna bet it's a front wheel drive?" Sure enough the tow truck got under 20 feet before the tires started squealing and smoking. The truck driver hops out and looks at the car and then re-hooks to the front wheels.

CAT powered
10-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Any update on your situation yet, Prosno?

Green Team Landscaping
10-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Boy you're lucky. The Wallingford PD is about useless on most stuff and if they get a newbie he wants to charge everyone for everything.

Examples: (overzealous) Guy was cutting a tree (10 or 12 foot cedar) near the road and it happens to fall the wrong way and hit a car. Guy's buddy sees what happens and pulls the tree out of the road with his tractor. Cop shows up. Charges tree cutter with attempted manslaughter and he tries to tell his buddy with the tractor that he had "Tampered with a crime scene" and tries to tell him that he's going to write him a ticket for having an unregistered motor vehicle on the road. Needless to say the buddy was charged with nothing and received an apology and tree cutter man had to buy a new car to replace the one he hit, but wasn't convicted on manslaughter.

Example: (useless) I was working at a job where myself and 3 helpers were installing 10 foot tall arbor-vites (sp?) and an old guy pulls is Jeep Cherokee over on the side of the road. I see him walking around his car talking on the phone, but think he's crazy at first. When I swing the excavator back around with another plant in the bucket his car is smoking. At this point I stop the machine and tell my guys to go see what's up while I look for a fire extinguisher. One of my trucks goes by so I stop him and get the fire extinguisher out. I empty the fire extinguisher into the drivers seat, which has burst into flames at this point. Right about now a Wallingford PD cruiser comes down the road. The girl driving it looks over at us, turns around, and goes back the other way! At this point we are shoveling dirt onto his seats to try to smother the flames. A Yankee Gas SUV is going by and he stops and gets his fire extinguisher and he is able to extinguish the flames completely. About 5 minutes later the Wallingford FD shows up and kinda walks off the truck real slow to go see what happened. They pop the hood (The fire was contained to the passenger compartment) and then run out a hose to clean off their boots because some of the dry chem from the extinguishers had gotten on them. The guy had been on the phone with the FD when I'd first seen him. The funniest thing about it all was once the tow truck showed up the guy hooks onto the back end of the car. I told my helpers "Wanna bet it's a front wheel drive?" Sure enough the tow truck got under 20 feet before the tires started squealing and smoking. The truck driver hops out and looks at the car and then re-hooks to the front wheels.
That's bad.

Prosno
10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Any update on your situation yet, Prosno?

Police have a suspect, wont tell me much except they're following him and trying to locate where he's getting rid of the stuff.
Also want to catch him taking the stuff-who knows I cant figure Wlfd pd out but I bought a new magnum Fradan 16 hp yesterday so I'm back at it.
Cat you should pop in sometime I'm down on N.Plains Ind. Hwy and have a cold one or a coffee sometime.

baddboygeorge
10-25-2008, 03:38 PM
thats the walk blower I want I seen a guy about 10 years ago using a fradan 16hp an damn what a blower!!