PDA

View Full Version : Who is making less money

siklid1066
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
How is the 2008 season for most.I had the work,but my income is less.The cost to operate this year was very high.

topsites
10-21-2008, 09:45 AM
So, what else is new?

Woody82986
10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
I didn't grow as much as I wanted to this year, but I have already made more money than I did last year with a couple months left to go.

AdamChrap
10-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Our best year ever!

AL Inc
10-21-2008, 11:42 AM
My lawn maintenance numbers are up, my install numbers were horrible this year, very slow on that end. Fuel was a big killer this year, almost double what it was for the same period 2007. Still a decent year, I'm pretty happy. I'm running with very little debt right now, I own everything outright so that has helped me put money elsewhere. I plan to keep it that way.

Green Finger
10-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Overall we are having a good year. Can't complain.

I thank the Good Lord for the Business.

Ready to take a winter break and Reload for NEXT YEAR!!!!!*trucewhiteflag*

Mike Blevins
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I have reached all of my goals for the 2008 mowing season. Still have a few more mowings and clean-ups. I will start next week on trying to pick up some more commercial accounts for 09. And start a goal list for 09 also. :waving:

Kennedy Landscaping
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, I didn't get as many accounts as I wanted to gain, I think I gained about 6 more though. Did alot of one time jobs for people though. I did have a substantial amount of income compared to years past. I think it's because I tried my hardest to manage money and stayed up to date on quick books. I already have the business plan drawn up for the 09' Season. But don't forget about snow removal, it aint over yet

LawnTamer
10-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Most of our business is fert and spray, we took a huge hit with fertilizer costs doubling, but other than that, it's been about the same as last year.

hillbilly_lawnboy
10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
i haven't seen much change. i picked up one new commercial contract that helped offset the rising operating cost.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
God has really blessed us this year,not that he doesnt anyother year but this one has been Greater !

Charles
10-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Well business is going to get really bad if banks don't start lending money. The government gave them $250 billion the other day. They gave Bank Of America $25 Billion and BOA CEO said BOA didn't really need the money.
Even Chrysler is on the verge of bankruptsy because many can't get loans on autos and Chrysler can't get loans to float. 2 or 3 huge nationwide dealerships have went under. We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg if if credit doesn't flow freely and the stock market keeps swinging wildly.
I did fine this year even without my ad bringing in many calls. The phone has definitely stopped ringing at all for new stuff

GrassBustersLawn
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I had planned for a down season. Expected lower sales. Raised prices as I anticipated higher gas prices too. March was off 20% from 2007, but April & May turned it around and I am actually UP on sales. Profit is actually UP too as I built in higher gas costs (and surcharges into contracts) at the beginning of the season.

Now, what will 2009 hold??????? Certainly the first thing some financially strapped people will cut out is lawn care. (Fine with me anyway, as I don't want to get stuck holding a bad account. Would rather dump them from the start and look for someone else to replace them.)

Mike

jrc lawncare
10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Up 15 + %. Raised prices, took on new accts, looking like a very good year.