PDA

View Full Version : Got my Grass Gobbler today!

IN2MOWN
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
UPS just dropped it off. Im pretty pumped about it. I can finally start bagging with my Quik Trak and not a minute to soon considering leaf season is here.

I chose it over the Accelerator because of the $200.00 + price difference.

My question is I already recieved a brochure about an add on called the Leaf Gobbler that makes it twice as big for leaf season.

Has anyone ever used it? Its holds over 8.0 cubic feet of material. Would the weight on that cause an uneven cut on the side its mounted on at all?

fastcat
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
i have it and it is the only way i do leaves.

fastcat
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
you dont want to use the extension for grass. it will get to heavy then. leaves only with the extenson.

goodgreen
10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Does the Accelerator get heavy with leaves and grass? It must be lighter since it's all aluminum... I've had a Grass Gobler for about 4 years but never bought the extension.

hole in one lco
10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Does the Accelerator get heavy with leaves and grass? It must be lighter since it's all aluminum... I've had a Grass Gobler for about 4 years but never bought the extension.

yes it gets heavy with grass. I run it on a lesco z2 6.2 but the good thing is i only have2 dump it 1 time a yard. now for fall i put the 12 bush lesco collection system on

cbegap
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I use the extension for grass. It does get heavy but it is better than unloading every 5 minutes. The grass has to be dry to even come close to filling it up. It works better with my Ztr than my walk behind. The thing I dislike the most is that if the yard isn't really flat and is bumpy, my GG always wants to fall off. I've tried the bungee cord thing and it works ok. For some reason it stays on the Ztr better than the walk behind. I think it is because there is more distance between the front wheels and the GG on the Ztr. Anyway, good luck. The GG is heavier than the Xecelerator but think of it as an arm workout!! I never notice an uneven cut left to right. When really full of grass, it will rock a floating deck back and pick up the front of the blades. Don't drive like the Dukes of Hazard with it full and you should be fine.

KCfireman
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
good buy. Obviosly you already know i have the accelerator. You i mow the lawn right across the street from your 117th lawn. its the yellow house with the sign out front.

IN2MOWN
10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
good buy. Obviosly you already know i have the accelerator. You i mow the lawn right across the street from your 117th lawn. its the yellow house with the sign out front.

I was going to try the Accelerator but I did some homework and thought I would try this one.

I was just over there today. You do good work.

slamjamrockinman
10-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I just picked up a grass gobbler with leaf gobbler used for 150. It is great for leaves. I mow over them and shred them up, then I stick on the gg and pick them all up. It doesn't fill up too fast, especially if you shred the leaves first. I would definately recomend getting the leaf gobbler.

KCfireman
10-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I was going to try the Accelerator but I did some homework and thought I would try this one.

I was just over there today. You do good work. i do what i can. That yard is a pita because of the island right in the middle of it plus its on a hill. I notice that the yard you cut across from it is cut 1/2, 1/2. I saw another company mow some of the yard near the street.

IN2MOWN
10-22-2008, 07:54 AM
i do what i can. That yard is a pita because of the island right in the middle of it plus its on a hill. I notice that the yard you cut across from it is cut 1/2, 1/2. I saw another company mow some of the yard near the street.

Weird isnt it.

The property line stops about 4 strips from the sidewalk and the rest of it is common ground.

Goodwin does that area.

Ive tried year after year to do it all but the companies who have done the other part get bent out of shape when I do it.

1999frontier
10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
UPS just dropped it off. Im pretty pumped about it. I can finally start bagging with my Quik Trak and not a minute to soon considering leaf season is here.

I chose it over the Accelerator because of the $200.00 + price difference.

My question is I already recieved a brochure about an add on called the Leaf Gobbler that makes it twice as big for leaf season.

Has anyone ever used it? Its holds over 8.0 cubic feet of material. Would the weight on that cause an uneven cut on the side its mounted on at all?

Sent you a PM