PDA

View Full Version : Serious question here.

kreft
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
hypotheticly, If you had a someone coming to work for you. The guy had experience, knowledge, knowhow. etc... And wanted to work for you, how much would you pay him a hour.

Say you were doing maintnence on commercial properties, how much a hour?

Say you were running a skid steer spreading stone, how much a hour?

Need feedback quick,

Thanks, Tyler

VisionsLandscapes
10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
how much do you make per hr? a worker helps you make more money!

kreft
10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
I know lol. but My dad is the emloyer and i'm the employee.

ericmcj31
10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
$15/hour?? maybe more if they actually do better? A lot of people claim to this/that and when crunch time comes-aren't all they're cracked up to be. Give them a couple weeks to get familiar w/ everything and then evaluate him and his pay. Look at what he is making you compared to what you were doing before he got with you-if you think he deserves more, then by all means pay him more-a GREAT employee is easily worth $20/hr if he is making you good $$$--but $20/hr. not doing anthing can quickly take a toal if they are stagnant--possibly offer some type of bonus when a big install job is completed--I like to help out if I can and we do good on a job b/c of their good labor and intensiveness.

kreft
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
He pays me $40 dollars a day now, but I wan't to get paid by the hour.

ericmcj31
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM

oh-I thought it was a diff. situation. I typed all that out to settle a dispute b/t you and your dad?

ericmcj31
10-21-2008, 08:34 PM
kreft-how old are you kid?

kreft
10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
eric- thanks! that gives me a perspective on the subject.

Looking for some more opinions..

kreft
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
16 and a half. lol I just turned 16, september 12.

lawnman_scott
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
16 and a half. lol I just turned 16, september 12.Is this after school work? I say for the boss's son $10 per hour is good. You know unless you do something real dumb you wont get fired, but if you mess up you hear about it forever. Really, he will tell your kids about it at thanksgiving. But also figure that unless you have plans to be a doctor or lawyer, he is grooming you for the future. And you know the boss isnt a jerk that will rip you off.

kreft
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your help so far guy's..... This is after school and weekend work. $10 a hour?

More opinions much appreciated.

brandtb1
10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
It all depends on the area. It seems that if you are in a big city, the wages are higher because the cost of living is higher. If there are a lot of people looking for work, you can pay less and people will be happy to find work. If the labor market is tight, wages go up to keep employees and not lose them. Find out what other jobs in the area are paying and base your wages on that. If they are paying $7 an hour to flip burgers, you are worth at least $10 per hour. Remember that you also have benefits working with your dad. Is it his truck you drive or did you buy it? If you have a date friday night will he let you go early and not make a big deal? Working with family is hard when it comes to money and stuff, but do not let this ruin a relationship. The hardest thing about working with family is when you have to go seperate ways to keep the relationship.

kreft
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Good advice. Thanks

JimmyStew
10-23-2008, 09:06 PM
hypotheticly, If you had a someone coming to work for you...

Need feedback quick,

Why the hurry if this is hypothetical???

Oh, I see, not hypothetical after all.

KS_Grasscutter
10-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Better than 2 of my friends that work for their dad, the dad says he'll pay them, and never does. Won't go into any more detail on here because you never know who is reading this...

Anyway, I'd help your dad out, $40 a day is NOT bad for a high school kid. Someday, he will probably give the business to you.

kreft
10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Why the hurry if this is hypothetical???

Oh, I see, not hypothetical after all.

Good job!:clapping:

kreft
10-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Better than 2 of my friends that work for their dad, the dad says he'll pay them, and never does. Won't go into any more detail on here because you never know who is reading this...

Anyway, I'd help your dad out, $40 a day is NOT bad for a high school kid. Someday, he will probably give the business to you.

Actually When i get out of high school were gonna cosign.

$40 a day is alright but i can go to burger king and make more.

He gives me benefits and stuff, anyway, i'm just wondering what you guys pay your employees a hour.

KS_Grasscutter
10-27-2008, 09:36 PM
He gives me benefits and stuff, anyway, i'm just wondering what you guys pay your employees a hour.

Who cares what people pay employees? Your not an employee, your a son.

kreft
10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Really? so all the father son teams on here, the son isn't really a employee? Huh i didn't know that. Thanks i just learned something.

FYI- If you can't tell (and you probobly can't) i was being sarcastic.