PDA

View Full Version : Small walk behind suggestions?

stbentoak
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I have a small flat lake property to mow,appx 1/4-1/3 acre. I am looking for a reasonable quality walk behind 21-22" cut rear bag to use once a week. Not looking for Honda/ Toro quality, don't need a mirror cut quality. What all do you recommend? I am leaning right now towards a snapper Rear bag RWD model from SEARS for appx 339.00. Reviews look good and that is in the price range I want to spend. I am open to any other suggestions you all have.

MJS
10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Well if you are set on spending that amount of money, I would look for a used commercial model. . . honestly, you get what you pay for - and the Snappers at Sears are not very well-made.

If you are compelled to get a mower from a big box store, I would get something with a Briggs and Stratton engine - avoid Tecumseh and other brands like the plague.

Restrorob
10-22-2008, 10:09 PM
You may want to check these out;

http://www.speedwaysales.com/index.php?cPath=22

My brother in-law bought the Personal Pace from them and is fully satisfied.....

As MJS stated, Stay away from Tecumseh's because they are closing Dec. 31.....

cgaengineer
10-23-2008, 06:56 AM
You can get a Snapper brand Snapper from a dealer with support for $299 (Mulching deck). The last Personal Pace a friend of mine purchase had a Tecumseh.