PDA

View Full Version : Ihi cl35

finegrade
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone seen this machine? I operated one for an hour and was surprised with its pushing power, its a nice piece..
IHI makes some quality equipment

Finegrade

stuvecorp
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Anyone seen this machine? I operated one for an hour and was surprised with its pushing power, its a nice piece..
IHI makes some quality equipment

Finegrade

Never heard of it, you have to share some pictures and some specs.

bobcat_ron
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
If it's a CTL, I'll bet my third nut it's an IHI branded Kummagusta skid steer.

Dirtman2007
10-21-2008, 09:47 PM
its a nice piece..

Finegrade

Of Junk

I've never really heard any good thing about those machines. I have every kind of equipment dealer where I live, from Liebherr to doosan, to kobelco, to cat to Deere and there are no dealers or support for those machines that I know of.

I'd go with a more common brand name.
can't go wrong with a takie!

finegrade
10-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Here it is,

finegrade
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Of Junk

I've never really heard any good thing about those machines. I have every kind of equipment dealer where I live, from Liebherr to doosan, to kobelco, to cat to Deere and there are no dealers or support for those machines that I know of.

I'd go with a more common brand name.
can't go wrong with a takie!

Chris,

You have a point there but I did'nt say I would buy one, after running it, I see how many new manufacturers are coming on board with CTLs.
It does'nt hurt to know whats out there, they are new to CTLs but more players could be better for end users like us...

Finegrade

Dirtman2007
10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Chris,

You have a point there but I did'nt say I would buy one, after running it, I see how many new manufacturers are coming on board with CTLs.
It does'nt hurt to know whats out there, they are new to CTLs but more players could be better for end users like us...

Finegrade

I thought you were talking about the mini Excavators. I never new they had a skid steer.

Is it just me or does that machine really look like a takeuchi with a different color? I know some things are different but looks at the U/C... exactly the same as a tak 130.

bobcat_ron
10-22-2008, 10:53 AM
It's a Takeuchi, but I hate the paint scheme, YUCK!

And the rear radiator guard is really weak.

jefftb
10-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Ewww Gawd IHI paint schemes are horrible.....

ksss
10-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Actually it has nothing to do with TK or Komatsu. I spoke with the company out of E-town, Ky. about them this Spring. They (IHI) looked at what the market offered and built a CTL. They obviously took a lot of TK, but the machine is their own. I had an IHI excavator for about 5 years. It was a very well built machine. The dealer support was excellent. Anything that I need from KY, was overnighted. When I was looking for bigger excavator IHI flew me to E-town to demo their 80NX. Great people, and quality equipment. I would have no problem buying another IHI product. I think their control package on their excavators is second to none.

dozerman21
10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
It's a Takeuchi, but I hate the paint scheme, YUCK!

And the rear radiator guard is really weak.

My thoughts too. It may be a descent performer, but that is the ugliest paint scheme that I've ever seen on a machine. It looks like somebody yacked up a big bag of Skittles. They definetly copied many of Tak's features.

stuvecorp
10-23-2008, 10:07 PM
It looks like somebody yacked up a big bag of Skittles.

That is good! There is alot of equipment that may just not have the 'name' and maybe get over looked.

finegrade
10-23-2008, 11:00 PM
I really expected more people to have an open mind, I for one am very open to new products, new companies often offer better value. They may not have a really well established network and support is very important so yes, they may not be the best choice.
I think that the paint scheme is radically different!
As I said, after driving it, it was very impressive. I have operated 247B, 257B and a others....

Finegrade,

stuvecorp
10-23-2008, 11:09 PM
I really expected more people to have an open mind, I for one am very open to new products, new companies often offer better value. They may not have a really well established network and support is very important so yes, they may not be the best choice.
As I said, after driving it, it was very impressive. I have operated 247B, 257B and a others....

Finegrade,

Good point. To be honest, I don't always have an open mind. After my great Tak adventure I am questioning some misconceptions I may have had. The big thing is to look at 'other' machines to further the business.

ksss
10-23-2008, 11:35 PM
I really expected more people to have an open mind, I for one am very open to new products, new companies often offer better value.

Finegrade,

Open mind. You wont find a lot of that here. But it does provide for some interesting discussions at times.

YellowDogSVC
10-23-2008, 11:38 PM

Finegrade,

I for one would love to demo other company's new machines and post a critique. I'm always interested in new products. Unfortunately, I don't have the money just to try things out an I hate wasting a sales guy's time if I am not truly in the market. I would hate for someone to do that to me but if they offered...I'd try out anything with an open mind if I had the time.

grassmanvt
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I have had one ihi mini and loved it. I buy a lot of what many call off-branded machines and usually get them cheap, get work out of them, then usually sell for what I paid or more. I love cat and deere stuff but those that won't run anything but the top names are kidding themselves. These foreign lesser known rigs have been some of the best rigs I have had. Currently have an airman ax-35, awesome rig. Have rented it out and nothing but compliments so far. I would not be aftaid at all o buy another ihi.

ksss
10-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I have had one ihi mini and loved it. I buy a lot of what many call off-branded machines and usually get them cheap, get work out of them, then usually sell for what I paid or more. I love cat and deere stuff but those that won't run anything but the top names are kidding themselves. These foreign lesser known rigs have been some of the best rigs I have had. Currently have an airman ax-35, awesome rig. Have rented it out and nothing but compliments so far. I would not be aftaid at all o buy another ihi.

I would really like to run the IHI 65NX. I really like the specs. Its a 14K machine which for me is a great weight. The swing boom is offset, which I like. My biggest issue is the side to side boom on the TK is almost too good to be without. I really wish TK had the control system of the IHI. I crawled all over the 65NX at ConExpo. I will be giving them a call when its time for my TK to go and at least see if I can get a demo dropped off.

minimax
10-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Airman makes Deere and Hitachi mini-x's but Airman can't sell new machines in the US.

minimax

ksss
10-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Airman makes Deere and Hitachi mini-x's but Airman can't sell new machines in the US.

minimax

That is true. I used to see grey market Airman's for sale in Utah brand new. I don't know if they shut that down or what. I have not seen them in a while.

all ferris
10-25-2008, 09:08 AM
My local Ditch Witch dealer sells the IHI track loader and the one they had on their lot was painted the same color as any other Ditch Witch (brown/orange). Thats why I stopped to look at it - because I thought Ditch Witch came out with a track loader. Dealer told me that it can't be ordered with a cab/heat/AC and thats when I left. It did have pilot controls and looked to be a nice machine. I would say it was about the same size as a Bobcat T180???

grassmanvt
10-25-2008, 10:27 AM

minimax

Interesting, did not know that. I did a quick search one day looking for an airman dealer or parts handler in case I need some for this rig but didn't find anything. Anyone know where you find parts for them?

minimax
10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
You can get parts for them though a deere dealer.
Here is a pic of a Airman 50 size mini and a 50D deere mini they look the same to me?Other than the color.

minimax

bobcat_ron
10-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Wow, they look better in Blue.