PDA

View Full Version : Saw the 2009 Exmark Price list today-Ouch!

lazer 46
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Prices really did go up. The walk behind model I'm interested in purchasing went up $800 since last year. I also thought they had a 38hp Kohler for the Lazer. I saw a 34hp Kawasaki listed. No 38hp.

mowerknower
10-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Buy now, its going up another 8% before the end of the year.

mag360
10-21-2008, 10:30 PM
34hp kawi is a weird number. I wonder if it's a fuel injected version of the 31.

puppypaws
10-21-2008, 11:03 PM
34hp kawi is a weird number. I wonder if it's a fuel injected version of the 31.

37 is an odd number also, maybe they like increments of 3!!!

Grits
10-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Buy now, its going up another 8% before the end of the year.

Couldn't agree more. If you can, BUY NOW. Prices are gonna get crazy. One catalog that my dealer gets for ordering parts from, released their newest catalog. They usually have dealer pricing in it, this one didn't. Reason: the prices go up too fast, so they can't list them or they would be the wrong price. This is what the company rep said.

captken
10-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh my, at the cost of doing business in 2008.

I sincerely hope you ALL figured in YOUR cost of doing business this year as well.

Hawg City Lawns
10-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Oh my, at the cost of doing business in 2008.

I sincerely hope you ALL figured in YOUR cost of doing business this year as well.

how true is that

MOHUSTLER
10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Most all makes went up but Exmark went up ALOT. Sounds like they are getting John Deere syndrome. Thinking thier sutff is worth more then it actuauly is.

mag360
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
37 is an odd number also, maybe they like increments of 3!!!

:laugh: Come to think of it, briggs had the fuel injected 34 hp vanguard motor right. That 34 got me thinking of our past threads on the briggs.

puppypaws
10-22-2008, 11:43 AM
:laugh: Come to think of it, briggs had the fuel injected 34 hp vanguard motor right. That 34 got me thinking of our past threads on the briggs.

This is probably a very good engine with better fuel economy and I know for a fact it is very strong. I personally don't want the added maintenance and upkeep of L/C when my A/C efi has been totally flawless.

QUOTE:

Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power is offering its first engine equipped with electronic fuel injection (EFI) in 2007. The new gasoline-powered EFI model is an extension of the company's Vanguard 3/LC 3-cylinder liquid-cooled commercial engine line. The Vanguard 3/LC EFI engine is capable of delivering increased fuel economy--up to 30-percent fuel savings--with increased responsiveness and drivability. A 32-bit engine control unit automatically adjusts engine settings in real time for quick, no-choke cold starts, and to compensate for altitude and environmental variables. On-board diagnostics provide quick, accurate troubleshooting. The Vanguard 3/LC EFI engine is rated at 34 gross horsepower.

newz7151
10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Couldn't agree more. If you can, BUY NOW. Prices are gonna get crazy. One catalog that my dealer gets for ordering parts from, released their newest catalog. They usually have dealer pricing in it, this one didn't. Reason: the prices go up too fast, so they can't list them or they would be the wrong price. This is what the company rep said.

Must have been the Rotary Aftermarket parts book.

davidcalhoun
10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
This is why some large dealers were buying up the leftover stock in large numbers.

lazer 46
10-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Dealer suggested i buy a leftover. I agreed. She said she would order one. Today she said that Exmark told her that the price increase was effective August 1st. Dealer was never informed. Gonna try to get one from another dealer for the old price. No old price, No deal.

harryb
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
we just bought 6 new 2008 52" lazers with baggers. before the new price increase. we need to sell the old mowers, they all are 56" lazers with baggers, 2007 models.

davidcalhoun
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Mutton Power Equipment (sponsor here) bought several hundred of Exmarks old inventory this past summer/fall to beat the price increase.

They have the mowers, maybe they will have some deals.

tallimeca
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Most all makes went up but Exmark went up ALOT

The reason being, is while other manufactures had price increase last year and during the middle of the year, Exmark did not.

I had customers in wondering why Scag's 48 gear walk behind was close to $3500 and the Exmark was only $3000..... With the price increase, now they are closer in price.

Some manufacturers forcasted the steel price increases into their programs, some absorbed it.

Exmark walk behind prices didn't go up $800. That's on your dealer. Suggest Promo on most Metro models went up like 3-400 tops, which is about a 10% increase. They did not go up $800. Your dealer might be price gouging and trying to take advantage. Most of us are looking for a way to sell these units to you guys as cheap as possible without putting ourselves in the red. It was hard enough with the economy situation, but the price increases and lack of financing from the banks, it's not helping any of us in these industries.

The good part is with all the manufacturing in china coming to a hault, the damand for steel with decrease which means in a year or two, you will see prices on this equipment go DOWN, which never happens.

meets1
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
harryb - where in SD are you?

Prices - I guess you live it and go from there. Like anything, I would image my services will go up next year as well and most people are not going to pay me in advance for next yr services - although that would be great!

harryb
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
meets1 I live by sioux falls, where do you live in Iowa? how much rain did you get? we got over 2 inches, no work this week but hope to be done mowing next week then start clean ups

meets1
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Bout an hour away. Lunch sometime?? We got close to 4 inches - I don't know what we got today/tonight. Trimming bushes all week in the rain. Guys love that! Getting a cold though but maybe some mowing Sat. We'll have to see,

Grits
10-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Must have been the Rotary Aftermarket parts book.

I wasn't going to name names, but yes.

shovelracer
10-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Ive been too busy to keep up with the current events this year, but is looks like exmark is going back to all ultra cuts on the lazers? Also what is the difference between the AS series 4 deck and the Z series 6?

lazer 46
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
The reason being, is while other manufactures had price increase last year and during the middle of the year, Exmark did not.

I had customers in wondering why Scag's 48 gear walk behind was close to $3500 and the Exmark was only $3000..... With the price increase, now they are closer in price.

Some manufacturers forcasted the steel price increases into their programs, some absorbed it.

Exmark walk behind prices didn't go up $800. That's on your dealer. Suggest Promo on most Metro models went up like 3-400 tops, which is about a 10% increase. They did not go up $800. Your dealer might be price gouging and trying to take advantage. Most of us are looking for a way to sell these units to you guys as cheap as possible without putting ourselves in the red. It was hard enough with the economy situation, but the price increases and lack of financing from the banks, it's not helping any of us in these industries.

The good part is with all the manufacturing in china coming to a hault, the damand for steel with decrease which means in a year or two, you will see prices on this equipment go DOWN, which never happens.

I've had a very good 10 year relationship with my dealer. I've bought many mowers and they've given me top notch service. i just stopped there this morning to once again go over the price of the mower I am interested in purchasing. They showed me both the 2008 and 2009 Exmark price book. Promo price of the 48 inch tthp with 17hp Kawi for 2008 was $5799. Promo price for 2009 on the same machine is $6599. I saw this with my own eyes. While I get a discount off that it is still an $800 difference.

3Bladz
10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Ive been too busy to keep up with the current events this year, but is looks like exmark is going back to all ultra cuts on the lazers? Also what is the difference between the AS series 4 deck and the Z series 6?
Series 6 uses new triton style spindles. And oval type scalp wheels. Thats all.

jtkplc
10-27-2008, 09:15 AM

Kawasaki's new motors are 31, 34, and 37 hp.

tallimeca
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I've had a very good 10 year relationship with my dealer. I've bought many mowers and they've given me top notch service. i just stopped there this morning to once again go over the price of the mower I am interested in purchasing. They showed me both the 2008 and 2009 Exmark price book. Promo price of the 48 inch tthp with 17hp Kawi for 2008 was $5799. Promo price for 2009 on the same machine is $6599. I saw this with my own eyes. While I get a discount off that it is still an $800 difference.

I appologize, I thought you were refering to the metro walk behinds. The tthp1748 is $6599, sugggested $7325. Which is 12% higher then last year.

Ramairfreak98ss
10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
why are the prices going up? I think their stuff is over priced to begin with, $10.5k for a new lazer Z 29hp kawa and 60" deck? , theres a lot of other brands out there cheaper and just as good.

tallimeca
10-28-2008, 10:38 AM
why are the prices going up? I think their stuff is over priced to begin with, $10.5k for a new lazer Z 29hp kawa and 60" deck? , theres a lot of other brands out there cheaper and just as good.

Alot cheaper......yes

Just as good, no.

EVERYONE'S PRICES WENT UP. Let me make that clear. Exmark had a price increase late in the summer. Those increases were not seen at the majority of dealerships because of the inventory in the pipeline. Now with another increase, it all seems to be hitting at once so it's shocking to not only the you guys, but the dealers as well.

However, if you compare the machines to competition, they are right in line with where Gravely and Scag were last year.

We sell Gravely. They went up drastically as well. Increased twice last year and the 09 program will be higher i'm sure.

Don't get the wrong idea, it's not just Exmark that went up in price, but you can travel to any dealership and see that for yourselves. Keep in mind, there is still going to be inventory in the pipeline at old prices. The high volume dealerships will be the ones to see the new price increases first. It's the small dealers where you will probably get the best prices unless you are looking for the 09 lazers where they will be brand new and at the new pricing. Otherise, nothing else in the exmark lineup really changed.

lazer 46
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
My dealer doesn't have the mower I wanted. She said it shouldn't be a problem to get one from another dealer at the old price. it is fall, mowing is done and it's inventory that won't move. Well guess what. The dealers that have them and paid the old price for them won't give one up for the old price. They are going to charge the new price with the $800 increase. So i am getting no mower. I have two TTHP's, one with low hours and one with 450 hrs. I had one sold if I was buying a new one. I don't need a new mower, not for $800 more.