PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow? ARRRRRGH!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Well it snowed here today... absolutely miserable! We got about 3" of thick, heavy, wet, snow on the ground. This is the earliest significant snowfall I have seen living here for the past 10 years.

Hopefully it will melt away tomorrow... I still have 2 large systems to install!

Arrrrgh.

Mike M
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Still making iced tea and still putting down pine straw in t-shirts. Have three lawns to cut today. Slept with bedroom window open last night--nice and cool in the evenings. At least when I go homeless, cardboard walls should be suffice.

irrig8r
10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Mike, who needs walls? Check out a novel called the Box Man by Kobo Abe...

Amazon.com Review
The nature of identity itself is the ostensible subject of this bizarrely fascinating existential novel from the great Japanese fiction writer and dramatist Kobo Abe. In the story, a man decides to give up the self that he has been all his life to attain a state of blissful anonymity. He leaves his world behind and moves onto the streets of Tokyo. He puts a large box over his head, cuts a hole for his eyes. It is as strange as it sounds, but Abe's light touch and narrative innovation makes it compelling.

irrig8r
10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Well it snowed here today... absolutely miserable! We got about 3" of thick, heavy, wet, snow on the ground. This is the earliest significant snowfall I have seen living here for the past 10 years.

Hopefully it will melt away tomorrow... I still have 2 large systems to install!

Arrrrgh.

I don't mind the snow itself... for a few hours... on a sunny day...

It's the friggin' cold temperatures that accompany it that don't feel good to my Mediterranean blood.

FDuce
10-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Darn global warming!

JoeyD
10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
85deg. here in sunny San Diego yesterday! couldnt of been nicer!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-22-2008, 03:16 PM
ahhh go blow it out your ear Joey! LOL... Someday I am going to move to St. Lucia... mark my words! :)

Mike M
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Gregg,

Thanks for the ideas, keep 'em coming... Cardboard box over my head with eyes cut out...

You west coast dudes have lots of good ideas for weathering tough times.

lol.

Mark B
10-22-2008, 04:38 PM
well I hate it for ya...... I'm at fantasy fest in key west.. James you should have waited.

klkanders
10-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Started raining here yesterday morning....still raining today.......gonna rain tomorrow also. Over and inch here already some places had over 2-3" and some snow with it.

I'm thinking ahead to Middle of Nov. ......going to Vegas for a week! Family get together with about 15-20 of us. :)

Keith

Mike M
10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Good luck in Vegas!!

Today I was a little chilly in the early morning. Had to put on a long sleeve shirt until about 8:00 AM.

TXNSLighting
10-22-2008, 09:46 PM
It got to 76 at 10 and Got down to 57 degrees by noon here.