PDA

View Full Version : stihl need a new design on the backing on the blowers!!!

hanson's glc
10-21-2008, 11:45 PM
i have 4 stihl blower 2 550 and 2 600. i have Have 1 600 for a year and the other for 3 months
i have had the top handle brake off one. all of the blowers have crackers in the middle of the top handle. today i dropped the blower 2 feet in the trailer, and the corner of the backing plate broke. now the right strap falls out of the grove that it hocks in to.
i have one echo 651 for 3 years never had any problem with any thing breaking. the echo has a tub like plastic backing plate. stihl has a hard plastic.
i like the power, comfort,and quite 600 but if i spend $40 to 50 for each blower. that adds up quick.

has any one else had the problems?

P.Services
10-21-2008, 11:48 PM
stop abusing your equipment a hole!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

i yell like a crazy man when i see one of my guys throwing my br's around like stepchildren.

i broke one but only because a tree picked it up out of my truck and threw it 30' into the air. (long story) i just paid to have the backplate replaced and had the straps done to.

RedSox4Life
10-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Only when one of my employees ran over a 550 with the truck....

P.Services
10-21-2008, 11:54 PM
hanson what do you think of the lw leaf loader?

does it have enough power? im looking at buying the same one.

hanson's glc
10-22-2008, 09:48 AM
stop abusing your equipment a hole!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

i yell like a crazy man when i see one of my guys throwing my br's around like stepchildren.

i broke one but only because a tree picked it up out of my truck and threw it 30' into the air. (long story) i just paid to have the backplate replaced and had the straps done to.

if droping the blower out of the trimmer trap st2 is that abuse. that just happens. i had a echo for 3 years never had a problem with the way i treated it

hanson's glc
10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
hanson what do you think of the lw leaf loader?

does it have enough power? im looking at buying the same one.

i like it but i have only ran maybe 1 hour total. i just got it. power is fine but horse power is like sex, a little to much is just right.