PDA

View Full Version : Loan

mbrabender
02-11-2002, 05:50 PM
A freind and I will be starting a mostly curbing, with general landscapeing on the side, buisness. We have fiqured we will need about $10,000 a piece to get going and operate on. We do know every piece of equiptment we need and the price.
what I have a question about is what type of loan(term, %, ext) will we be looking at? also what do I have to present before the bank in order to get it? Any other info would be great.

smburgess
02-11-2002, 11:17 PM
The first thing you should do is write a business plan, which you would turn in with your loan application.

LawnLad
02-12-2002, 10:46 AM
If you're going to finance your start up... start smaller if you can. Particularly since you said this is going to be a part time gig.

Are you and your partner going to be 'legal partners' with respect to taxes? Will you both equally share the risk? Does this mean both of you are entitled to equal profit taking? What happens if there is a problem? How do you resolve it?

Make sure you've got all your ducks in a row before you get yourself in too deep. Talk to your accountant/attorney before you start. If you don't have one, find one.

I could go on... but I'll spare you. I may sound a bit jaded, it's only because of experience.