PDA

View Full Version : best equipment

VisionsLandscapes
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
what is the best equipment for fall cleanup? choices

backpack blowers rake standard stuff?

bagger mower?

Some sort of bagger such as the cyclone rake?

i know all have pros and cons but i was thinking about getting the cyclone rake XL commercial for next seasons cleanups. The attachments hoses are for mulch beds shrubs etc. i think it would be alot faster than backpack blowers and push blowers what do you guys think??

and if i did decide to get the cyclone rake how would you price cleanps? right now i have backpack blowers tarp rake ewtc charge $45 per man hr. i was thinking prolly around $110 if i was using the cycleone rake??? give me some input please.

also is there any other type of bagger system compatble with the cyclone rake with a HARD plastic box?

VisionsLandscapes
10-23-2008, 09:25 PM
hhhhjgjhglkjh ijlkjlk

DLAWNS
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I would suggest bagging mowers and a truck loader (as long as you have a dump or dump insert). If not a truck loader tarp it or barrel into the truck. I have a Navigator and a Toro Z with a bagger. They are priceless.

Drew Gemma
10-23-2008, 10:19 PM
a walker
2 echo pb 650's
a mesh tarp 2 rakes
16 hp giant vac loader
1 ton dually dump

doing leaves with out a truck loader is pointless i did them then gave up till i could pay for the loader. Once you have the loader all you need is a back pack blower the biggest model and a mesh tarp so the wind doesn't blow it away. When you tarp into the truck one house will fill the truck

KS_Grasscutter
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Get the biggest backpack blower you can, and a Walker GHS mower, that's pretty much all you'll need.

Drew Gemma
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
i love my walker also

mowerbrad
10-23-2008, 10:48 PM
The boss-pro vac on my bob-cat does a great job. Then once I added the gator high lifts to the deck, the leaves are nicely chopped up once they get in the bags. Allows me to fit more into the bags which means less trips to the truck to unload. Though a truck loader would be nice several times during the fall and spring.

bigclawnman
10-23-2008, 11:13 PM
not too sound dumb...but what exaclty is a truck loader.

Also I have my eye on a Billy Goat lawn vac...any suggestions....would this be a waste of money....its about $800?

lawnboy dan
10-23-2008, 11:22 PM
all i use is a back pac-either a sthil br600 or a redmax 8000 and snapper hi vac,s with gator blades-no bagging! mulch them to dust

VisionsLandscapes
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
i absolutely hate using blowers for leaves it takes a good bit for the backpack blowers. i was thinking the cyclone rake would be much much faster with the mulch bed/garden 20ft hose to get to those places and easy dumping.

Green Team Landscaping
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
There's a difference between best, and easiest to pay off/least overhead.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-25-2008, 08:21 PM
The cyclone rake in your part of the country may infact be quicker here hehehe lots of luck to you. It would be as useless as trying to bag the lawns with the trac vac up here I love my trac vacs but until youíve done the blow off your wasting your time. I know you may not have the leaves we do honestly we have several lawns that fill more then one 18 yard box on our leaf truck the truck loader chews up the leaves and condenses them at a rate of about 10 to 1 so 180 yards of lose leaves fit in one truck. Sorta makes the whole bagging or cyclone rake shrink up a bit when youíre facing that. And bagging them LOL that would be 500 plus bags on a single one of our larger accounts not gona happen.

So what do you need well a backpack is a must. Enough packs for every member of your crew I prefer spares they do break. Rakes tarps are important but the leaf plow on the lazer eliminates most of that crap for us just the fenced in areas with small gates are left. If you can blow in to the woods thatís great and we love that but if you can not then you need to take em which is why a leaf box and a truck loader become important if your a smaller operation a 16hp is fine I personally prefer 20hp or greater. Next size of the lawn 10000 sqft backpacks is all we use but when they grow larger some of ours are 200000 sqft you need big blowers. We love the fradan self propelled 18hps hydros you want to save a bit of money get a little wonder or something you want real fire power get the fradan after that you have your lawn equipment which is what ever you own use it.

Of course thatís what we deal with up here with real fall seasons if you donít have that in your area disregard all of that.