PDA

View Full Version : need help finding blades

flatlander42
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I know that the answer will be....your effed. So if you have any other input besides that i will take it!

I need a higher lift blade for my navigator. That simple. Nothing is clogged, belts are good, ect..ect..

All i have heard from every place i have called is that there is no other blades. If that is the case i will be getting the torch and making a custom blade set. And yeah i know, it's not wise to mess with blades. :nono:

But what else am i supposed to do?

ANY help is appriciated. keep the bashing/bitchin away, i dont need it

Thanks

Nathan

Jeff Tracey Enterprises
10-23-2008, 08:40 PM
good luck getting help on this subject!! I posted 2 threads a couple of months ago and in order to get help, had to disguise the thread for people to read it. Any ways, the input I got was got to mowpart.com ( i think is what is called), check with different manufacturers, I have a gravely mower and run exmark blades. The guy at the exmark dealer that I go to ( even though I dont run any Exmark products) and they said as long as everything is the same a lot of the time you can use other brands. I would take your blades off or get out one of your spares, start cross referencing it and or go to local dealers and see if they have anything with more lift that is the same size. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Grits
10-23-2008, 09:13 PM
good luck getting help on this subject!! I posted 2 threads a couple of months ago and in order to get help, had to disguise the thread for people to read it. Any ways, the input I got was got to mowpart.com ( i think is what is called), check with different manufacturers, I have a gravely mower and run exmark blades. The guy at the exmark dealer that I go to ( even though I dont run any Exmark products) and they said as long as everything is the same a lot of the time you can use other brands. I would take your blades off or get out one of your spares, start cross referencing it and or go to local dealers and see if they have anything with more lift that is the same size. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

This is exactly what you'll have to do. If it is the same length and has the same arbor size, then you can run it. It doesn't have to be listed for your mower.

viper00085
10-23-2008, 09:38 PM
unfort navigator blades are a rh and lh, with shear bolt holes also in them. Finding anything that would work will be slim and more likely none.

are you having issues standing the grass up, clogging, or just not collecting the grass well?

mowerbrad
10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Have you tried looking on texasmowerparts.com? They have a good selection of blades. I bought my last 2 sets of gators from them.

flatlander42
10-23-2008, 11:37 PM
unfort navigator blades are a rh and lh, with shear bolt holes also in them. Finding anything that would work will be slim and more likely none.

are you having issues standing the grass up, clogging, or just not collecting the grass well?

that is correct. they are RH and LH like a walker would be. do you think a walker blade would happen to have the same size holes?

my main problem is with it not getting the leaves that are deep down. it is not getting it clean enough for me *i like it nice and clean*

it collects fine, and does fine with normal grass cutting *tall grass included*, just not leaves.. and its driving me crazy..

i was just hoping some people with Navigators would allready have the inside scoop, because my searching has so far turned up nothing...:hammerhead:

Thanks for your help so far

Nathan

lawnproslawncare
04-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Try Mowpart.com they sometimes have stuff. Otherwise maybe Precision golf products will have something. They are out of MN

flatlander42
04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks! I'll see what I can dig up. After I got er to suck up leaves better, I kinda stopped my blade search.

Nathan

MOWPART_SCOTT
04-03-2009, 12:15 PM
There is some walker blades listed in oregon catalog that are left and right cut blades. not sure if these will match up but call me at 972-635-7225 and ask for scott lets see what i can find? I may have the same story as every other dealer but i'll look until im sure.:)

flatlander42
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
I may give ya a call, and see what ya can find out!

u around on Saturdays? I have a cheap phone plan.

Thanks, Nathan

gene gls
04-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I know that the answer will be....your effed. So if you have any other input besides that i will take it!

I need a higher lift blade for my navigator. That simple. Nothing is clogged, belts are good, ect..ect..

All i have heard from every place i have called is that there is no other blades. If that is the case i will be getting the torch and making a custom blade set. And yeah i know, it's not wise to mess with blades. :nono:

But what else am i supposed to do?

ANY help is appriciated. keep the bashing/bitchin away, i dont need it

Thanks

Nathan

MowMore.com has the best catalog and site for blade discriptions of any that I have found. They do not list any for the Navigator. Most likly you will have to buy OEM. I run a Walker and in the same boat, only one style on the market.

flatlander42
04-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Just so you all know, I lowered my deck last fall to 2.5" and it worked great at sucking up leaves.....solved that problem!

I appriciate the other links and places to find blades, that is always welcome.

Thanks, Nathan