PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Toro Z Master w/SFS and Clamshell DFS Bagger

swizcore
10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I've got two 2003 Z Master 287L's, one of which I bought the Toro Clamshell style bagger for. It worked great. I bought two more Z Masters two years ago, these were Z587L's which have the SFS deck with the adjustable baffle. I installed the DFS bagger on one of the newer mowers and I am getting ridiculous leaf blow by both under the bagger boot/deck mount and on a 45 degree angle out from the front edge of the boot/deck mount. I looked at the parts breakdowns and there is no retrofit for this bagger to my newer Z Master, they both use the identical kit. The blowby is seriously so innefficient its not economically smart to use it.

Anyone else have this bagger that can offer me some advice for rectifying this?

jaybird24
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Not sure if this helps, we have the Turbo force decks, with the spindle driven bagger system. We had problems like this with the standard high lift creating to much positive airflow creating blowout. We went with the gators and still some blowby. Finally we tried Toros atomics and they work great, plus they chew the leaves up better. When cutting grass the gators work much better, but the atomics have little lift and allow the bagger to pull the leaves through much more effectively. Almost makes me think Toro designs them for this purpose, because they are almost useless for anything else.

swizcore
10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks jaybird, thats a starting point and it sounds like you did your homework with trial and error so hopefully it will show some improvement for my situation too.