PDA

View Full Version : Price on S205

westcoh
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I got a quote from my dealer today for a new S205 loaded except for High flow for $40,900 which I'm sure sounds high but remember these are Canadian prices. Here's the thing though, with our Canadian dollar plummeting in value, the salesman was telling me the price is going to be going up again right away. And while it is true, our dollars dropped significantly in the last few weeks (about 80 cents or so compared to the US dollar) does this really affect the price they can sell it to me for that much? I asked him how much it would be if I waited a while yet and he thought another $5,000 or so.

My question is this, does any of this make sense, or is the salesman just trying to make a quick sale?

stuvecorp
10-23-2008, 10:57 PM
If the machine is on the ground or built already it shouldn't matter what the dollar is doing, right?

jefftb
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
If the machine is sitting there and ready for sale then ask how long its been on the yard. If its been sitting there for a while then it should not matter. If it has been sitting there for a while, and the sky in Canada is really falling, then call the bluff and wait. Once the sky is falling you could get it for $5,000 less than the quote today. I'd wait 2-3 weeks and act like you are looking at other machines-see where that brings the price.

There is always the possibility that the machine is not really owned by the dealer but still by the manufacturer and the dealers must purchase when they've actually sold it. That would mean that prevailing exchange rates would apply at the time of sale to someone like you. I know this sounds confusing but it can and does happen. The yo-yo yoing of the canadian dollar would affect the sale price here.

If they import on as needed or for "just in time" delivery then the fluctuating canadian dollar does matter here too.

bobcat_ron
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Grab it while you can, that damn dollar can be a b*tch sometimes.

mrsops
10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
The s205 is a real nice machine but from what i heard there going up in price

iron peddler
10-24-2008, 05:34 PM
it depends what your definition of awhile is.....end of year price is likely solid...start of 2009, coin toss if those incentives are there, bobcat is dropping there pants to move 2008 inventory....they are stopping manufacturing for 6 weeks to help dealers move out 2008 inventory...bobcat hardly ever does that.

westcoh
10-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, I signed the papers for the s205 at $39,000 Canadian and took advantage of their 0% financing for 50 months. Apparently they do have to order the machine from the USA and it should be here in a week or so. Can hardly wait, should be like a Cadillac compared to the 753 I've been running the last few years.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-25-2008, 04:12 PM
that o% is sweet they stoped by my shop to sell me but i passed for now

mrsops
10-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, I signed the papers for the s205 at $39,000 Canadian and took advantage of their 0% financing for 50 months. Apparently they do have to order the machine from the USA and it should be here in a week or so. Can hardly wait, should be like a Cadillac compared to the 753 I've been running the last few years.

You will love the s205 it has some power for a small frame machine i have a 2005 and a 2006 there very versatile as well i have the inverted rims on one of them to get it down to 5' wide for those tight areas

bobcat_ron
10-25-2008, 06:33 PM

Now you have to wait those agonizing days out!!

My wait time was July 4 -16 to get my T190.

meets1
10-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I bought a new S205 this spring and I have a the ACS controls. I wished I could go pilots or joystick but not offered on that machine at that time. If they even offer them now. I have a few hundred hours and to the most part I like the machine.

I also went with 0% for a I think 36 months at the time but I also traded an older unit in. I can't find my invoice either but I think I paid $37500 for mine.

Gravel Rat
10-25-2008, 10:32 PM
You should have checked Ritchie Bros auction in Edmonton they have 2 2007 S250 Bobcats one with 407 hours and 348 hours and they have a 2008 T-300 with 884 hours.

For you powertan lovers there is 2 2007 Case 420 with 73 and 77 hours.

westcoh
10-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Inverting the rims sounds interesting as I work in a lot of fairly tight areas. Is there any down-side to inverting the rims, mrsops?

I'm sure I could probably get a deal at that auction, but an s250 is alot bigger machine than what I'm looking for. For about the first time I bought the exact machine I wanted rather than settling for something else because it was a deal.

Anything you don't like about your 205 meets1, and anything to watch out for?

And Ron any time you get the urge to ditch that cat and come run some nice white/orange equipment just come on over.

mrsops
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Inverting the rims sounds interesting as I work in a lot of fairly tight areas. Is there any down-side to inverting the rims, mrsops?

I'm sure I could probably get a deal at that auction, but an s250 is alot bigger machine than what I'm looking for. For about the first time I bought the exact machine I wanted rather than settling for something else because it was a deal.

Anything you don't like about your 205 meets1, and anything to watch out for?

And Ron any time you get the urge to ditch that cat and come run some nice white/orange equipment just come on over.

I havent had any down-side on inverting the rims. I love it im always in tight areas and a 5' wide machine is great. I really cant say anything bad about this machine its a small frame machine that can lift sod and pavers and it can load large trucks. Im very happy with my both of my s205

bobcat_ron
10-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I

No thanks, I got my fill of Bobcat "noise" last week, Cat's sure purr like a kitten compared to a Bobcat.

Sunscaper
10-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I also have an S205. Almost 4 years now with 1500 hrs. No major problems to speak of. I really like the machine. It almost the perfect size. It can just barely lift 3000k with the counterweight kit and still load a tri-axle. All in a medium sized machine. Best of luck with yours.

mrsops
10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
No thanks, I got my fill of Bobcat "noise" last week, Cat's sure purr like a kitten compared to a Bobcat.

not the 2006 to 2008 models ron no way not with the new k series engine which cuts down the noise and the sound reduction package which is a great feature. when i ran the 247 it was def louder then my bobcats but the deere was horrible

bobcat_ron
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
not the 2006 to 2008 models ron no way not with the new k series engine which cuts down the noise and the sound reduction package which is a great feature. when i ran the 247 it was def louder then my bobcats but the deere was horrible

That was a 2007 S185, he bought it the same year I got rid of mine, and it was still noisy.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I like my bobcat hat

mrsops
10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
That was a 2007 S185, he bought it the same year I got rid of mine, and it was still noisy.

must of not had the sound reduction package that or it was open cab

bobcat_ron
10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
must of not had the sound reduction package that or it was open cab

Yup, all that foamy crap all over, and it was the Gold package, it's used as a chicken barn clean out machine when it's not on the building sites.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh no chicken shite

mrsops
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Yup, all that foamy crap all over, and it was the Gold package, it's used as a chicken barn clean out machine when it's not on the building sites.

now your just making yourself out to be a complete liar about bobcat equipment. k series machine with the sound package is the quiest skid steer i have been in hands down if you thought it was noisy your out of your mind ron

DUSTYCEDAR
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
He is just a cat hater bob that is

bobcat_ron
10-28-2008, 09:22 PM
now your just making yourself out to be a complete liar about bobcat equipment. k series machine with the sound package is the quiest skid steer i have been in hands down if you thought it was noisy your out of your mind ron

It wasn't so much the interior noise that I found louder than my Cat, it was also the exterior noise, like at WOT, when the fan kicks in, that was a loud noise I never heard. With the Cat's, I all I hear is the turbo whine and general engine noise, but the K series Bobcats are pretty damn loud, even when it's idling. They are still better than the previous Bobcat models, but I still consider them louder than the Cat's.

mrsops
10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
It wasn't so much the interior noise that I found louder than my Cat, it was also the exterior noise, like at WOT, when the fan kicks in, that was a loud noise I never heard. With the Cat's, I all I hear is the turbo whine and general engine noise, but the K series Bobcats are pretty damn loud, even when it's idling. They are still better than the previous Bobcat models, but I still consider them louder than the Cat's.

I love on the k series machines when that fan kicks in it only lasts for about 5seconds by the way but you know that right ron? But that sound makes the machine look meaner :weightlifter:

ToroLandscaper
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I havent had any down-side on inverting the rims. I love it im always in tight areas and a 5' wide machine is great. I really cant say anything bad about this machine its a small frame machine that can lift sod and pavers and it can load large trucks. Im very happy with my both of my s205

What exactly is inverting the wheels, and how do you do it? May be a dumb question...?

merrimacmill
10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Is the machine that you signed for a cab machine with heat and a/c at that price? I just didn't know what you meant by "loaded".

For about a year now I have been going back and forth between a 50-60 hp tractor with a factory cab, or a skid steer. I already have a compact tractor, so a skid may be the way to go.

bobcatuser
10-28-2008, 10:59 PM
What exactly is inverting the wheels, and how do you do it? May be a dumb question...?

I have a set of offset rims for my S185. It makes the machine 5' wide by moving the tires closer to the machine. With the standard rims it's 68" wide.

westcoh
10-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeh, the machine I signed for does have a full cab with heat/ac. Not sure what kinda work you do, but for me I can't imagine any piece of equipment more versatile than a skid.