PDA

View Full Version : wright sentar questions....

jsf343
10-24-2008, 12:33 AM
well I demoed a 54" sentar (they didn't have the 36" I wanted to try) this week and loved it, however I have a small dilemma and questions....

1. I want the higher horse (19hp) because I want to mulch a lot, in fact most of the year. Here is one of the problems, dealer says it would be a special order because there are none on the west coast if you can believe that. Because of that (they would charge ME the freight fee) it would wipe out much of the savings I have waited all this time to get (seasonal buying program) Does this sound right? I would also have to weight at least 2 to 4 weeks.:hammerhead::hammerhead: so now I am a little annoyed with both of the dealers in my area and am frustrated by this.

A few other questions...

2. will the 36 have enough deck overhang to reduce trimming, since he did not have a 36 I really couldn't tell.

3. for those of you who mulch, do you mainly use the stock blades or do you tend to use another type? (gators, or others?)

4. I felt the 36 would be the most versatile mower for me to do many of the residentials that I have, but also fast enough to do the larger commercials I have as well, for those of you who have this mower has that been your experience on small to medium sized residentials?

thanks for any feedback, I really appreciate it.

Jeff

robtown
10-24-2008, 08:00 AM
see if they have the 42 deck with the 19 hp.plenty of power and you wont lose much time on the larger lawns.
just 2 blades so less money and sharpening time.
not much over hang but not that bad.
Other than that its a sentar.
they are great.
no standing all day is to get on and off small in the trailer.

Ruben Rocha
10-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Wright has a seasonal discount program that used to be called channel partner. It may save you some dollars. Here is the location to read about it.
http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=buy.seasonal

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-24-2008, 10:02 AM
The 19 Kawi is awesome on the Sentar you will love this Mower. Its great for small to mid sized residentials. The stander is better if your wanting more trim-ability,alot less overhang. Either one is an excellent choice. PM me about any questions you might have. :waving:

jsf343
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
thanks for the replies, I just do not want to pay the freight charge because it will pretty much wipe out any savings from the discount program. For those with the 19 hp did you have to special order and pay the freight charge? seems ridiculous to me. As for the sentar yes, I really want that model, just which deck size is my last decision.

those who use the mulch kit, do you run any particular blade, or just the stock wright blades? (during leaf season mainly)

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-24-2008, 03:32 PM
We never had to special order,since youno wright s are made right here in MD. The dealers have plenty in stock. I have to agree about paying the freight ,sounds boguess to me. I would call wright Mfg personally.

As far as model size what type property's you gonna be doing,the 36 will fit thru most gated backyards. Most Guys here run the Standard stock blades. Personally i like the Exmark solid foil highlifts or the Scag Wavey blade.

jsf343
10-24-2008, 06:11 PM
We never had to special order,since youno wright s are made right here in MD. The dealers have plenty in stock. I have to agree about paying the freight ,sounds boguess to me. I would call wright Mfg personally.

As far as model size what type property's you gonna be doing,the 36 will fit thru most gated backyards. Most Guys here run the Standard stock blades. Personally i like the Exmark solid foil highlifts or the Scag Wavey blade.

I agree with you TNT, I am leaning towards the 36" because of that very reason. Most of the properties are in the 5,000 sq. ft range, small to medium resi's. I would use it on on large commercial properties as well because it has the speed to finish it quick, even if it is a small deck size.

when you mention the scag and exmark blades, are they for the mulching? I am not very familiar with any of the different mulching blades out there. Do you personally feel they are better then the stock wright blades? if so how?
I have to admit I am really looking forward to buying it and finally being able to use it.