PDA

View Full Version : GIE+Expo Show

Tagg
10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
We are here for the second time, this year and last. The show appears to be of a very Low Quality compared to last years. Did anyone else go from on here and what is your response ? We attended Thurs. and Friday both. Appears attendence is way down and people are talking about the poor quality of this years show.:confused:

Daily Lawn/Landscape
10-24-2008, 06:29 PM
We went Thursday and I was expecting more.

atasteofnature
10-24-2008, 06:37 PM
i wanted to go today but maybe i am glad i didn't. was it the weather that was the problem or just other things. the last time i went was when it is columbus. is it going to be in kentucky next year again? sorry to hear it was a bad experience.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Weather was perfect Thursday.

Turf Dawg
10-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I wish they would move it from year to year. I love going to shows and looking at new toys, but this is a little far for me to drive.

Grassman6
10-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Mark you calendar for 29-31 Oct 2009 at the same location in Louisville. Not trying to start a feud...just curious to know what you guys were expecting that you did not see at the show. I purchased a Bradley grinder, Lawnwheels deck wheels, Fred Marvin tree trimming tools, Magna Matic balancer, Jungle Jack and had an interesting conversation with Scott from the Ferris indoor booth. Really wish I had a red ZTR dealer in this area. $750 was my budget and I blew that by only three bucks. Plenty of demos outside kept us busy for three hours and two more hours to walk past every booth inside. The new Kawasaki trimmers were light weight, the Stihl display convinced me buy another chainsaw and the brats with Root Beer at the Kohler booth were good as usual. Forgot about the waffle cone ice cream.

Tyler7692
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Sounds like you're an easy sell, Grassman.

Professional Cut Lawncare
10-25-2008, 10:49 AM
any info on the new ferris deck.

mlyons1
10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
my wife and i went to the one in louisville on friday first time i had ever been it was ok alot of high tech stuff but i did get to meet art evans the founder of dixie chopper a very nice guy and and taught me some things on mulching leaves on what kind of blades to use d/c has come out with a new blade for mulching it is called the twist blade mr.evans explained to me in detail how they work so i ordered 3 fri afternoon so we will see.

Dano50
10-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Did any of you stop by the Fluid Film booth? We thought it was an excellent show. Attendance may have been down a bit, but overall their was a lot of interest and enthusiasm.

Tim03
10-29-2008, 02:40 AM
I stopped by the Fluid film booth. Nice like last year.

DLAWNS
10-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Mark you calendar for 29-31 Oct 2009 at the same location in Louisville. Not trying to start a feud...just curious to know what you guys were expecting that you did not see at the show. I purchased a Bradley grinder, Lawnwheels deck wheels, Fred Marvin tree trimming tools, Magna Matic balancer, Jungle Jack and had an interesting conversation with Scott from the Ferris indoor booth. Really wish I had a red ZTR dealer in this area. $750 was my budget and I blew that by only three bucks. Plenty of demos outside kept us busy for three hours and two more hours to walk past every booth inside. The new Kawasaki trimmers were light weight, the Stihl display convinced me buy another chainsaw and the brats with Root Beer at the Kohler booth were good as usual. Forgot about the waffle cone ice cream.

It's my dream come true...All kinds of lawn equipment and great food.

Weedas_Lawn_Care
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
yes i stopped in at the fluid film booth and i loved the expo but also this was my first year

Dano50
10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Anything you guys would like to see different for next year? At least regarding the Fluid Film booth?

My ears are always open for different types of marketing ideas or giveaways.

JoyofFluidFilm
11-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Anything you guys would like to see different for next year? At least regarding the Fluid Film booth?

My ears are always open for different types of marketing ideas or giveaways.

Anyone interested in Fluid Film bumper stickers, pens, stickers, magnets, fluid film socks?

what type of Fluid Film marketing products would you like to see?:laugh:

STRINGALATION
11-21-2008, 04:46 PM
i agree with the grass man plenty of equipment in my eyes everything everybody has ask about i saw so only thing missing in my eyes were a little more of the expandble snowplow girls lolol but hey i get excited just going i had no idea that spyder remote control lanmower slope thingy was that dam$ big but hey i have not riden a ztr yet so you guys are just to good stay at home and work unless your in the market for new equipment lololol

zman2307
11-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Anyone interested in Fluid Film bumper stickers, pens, stickers, magnets, fluid film socks?

what type of Fluid Film marketing products would you like to see?:laugh:

maybe Fluid Film tube socks ?

i hear that stuff is non toxic