PDA

View Full Version : Walker or wright stander

GNB
10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Need some help.i have a 36 inch mower.want to add to that for next year.what should i get and why.48 walker mower or 48 wright stander.thanks for your help

Drew Gemma
10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
do you need to bag
is the terrain flat
are the properties taken care of fert weed control proper mowing

If so get a walker if not get a stander

GNB
10-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Have to bag.flat terrain.lawns are treated

m&mmowing
10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
what's your 36? if you only have 2 mowers, i'd recommend getting something bigger than the 48, that's only 12 inches, unless you just need one that size, you won't gain much. I know i run a 36 and a 61, and that works out very, very well for me, explore your options before you buy equipment, more than 2 brands of mowers out there

SubLime1970
10-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I have a 52 stander and a 42 walker and would take the stander anyday (any size), less maintenance on the stander can cut just as nice and have the option to bag, I have lawns i have to bag and i just cut it once with the stander and then throw the catcher on and suck the clippings up. As long as you have some experience cutting lawns you should be able to pull it off. Just my opinion hope it helps.

GNB
10-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Why do you have to cut it.then go back and bag it.or did i read your post wrong.also is 19hp enough for 52 stander.

Turf Dawg
10-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Have to bag.flat terrain.lawns are treated

Sounds to me that a Walker or Navigater is just what you need. These machines were made just for that purpose. If you would have said that you just needed to get it cut down and gone then the stander would probably be better.

MOHUSTLER
10-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Why do you have to cut it.then go back and bag it.or did i read your post wrong.also is 19hp enough for 52 stander.

Yep its plenty of power. We sell alot of them with the 17 kawi and thoes are just fine!

ColePyck
10-25-2008, 12:02 PM
depends on the types of accounts, high end resi or lots who dont care and just want you in and out. If it were me I would save some money and just get the wright with a side bagger. you could probably get two wrights for the price of one walker. if were talking new. Oh I have both a walker MDGHS and wright 36

merrimacmill
10-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm running WB's right now and its time for an upgrade. I have some lawns I bag, some that are perfect, some that are not. Its a good mixture of everything for me. But something that I really want a Navigator or Walker for is spring and fall clean-ups. I think it would be so nice for that. But for everyday mowing, and price point a Stander would make more sense.

David Haggerty
10-27-2008, 07:26 AM
I just got back from the EXPO in Louisville. Went there to try to make the same decision!
But I don't "have to bag". I can do whatever I want. Just as long as it looks superfine when I'm done.

I've about decided on a Navigator. Hauling away clippings can get to be a business in it'self. But I figure I'd leave the back door open on the collection system most of the time. It'll spread clippings better than any side discharge. Plus I can get a mulching plate for the deck to give me other options. Then just bag when really necessary.
Sure it's only 12" wider than a 36", but it's going to be twice as fast.
Of course a stander would be even faster. And unlike the Walker or Navigator the back wouldn't be smacking into stuff on the turns. And EVERYBODY makes a stander now. I tried the Gravely, Scag & Toro standers.

With everybody making standers, and nobody expanding their bagger line, it kind of makes me wonder. Oh well, maybe I havn't made a decision.

Lawdog302
10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
If you wanted to bigger, you could get a Walker with a 52" bagger. Smacking things with the rear on the Walker is just poor driving skills. You would be suprised at how much more efficient you would be with a Walker over a stander if you are going to be bagging everything.

ed2hess
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I just got back from the EXPO in Louisville. Went there to try to make the same decision!
But I don't "have to bag". I can do whatever I want. Just as long as it looks superfine when I'm done.

I've about decided on a Navigator. Hauling away clippings can get to be a business in it'self. But I figure I'd leave the back door open on the collection system most of the time. It'll spread clippings better than any side discharge. Plus I can get a mulching plate for the deck to give me other options. Then just bag when really necessary.
Sure it's only 12" wider than a 36", but it's going to be twice as fast.
Of course a stander would be even faster. And unlike the Walker or Navigator the back wouldn't be smacking into stuff on the turns. And EVERYBODY makes a stander now. I tried the Gravely, Scag & Toro standers.

With everybody making standers, and nobody expanding their bagger line, it kind of makes me wonder. Oh well, maybe I havn't made a decision.

I kinda thougth the bagger business was coming to a close a couple years ago but this Navigator is hanging in there. Not much bagging going on in our area mostly side discharge and some mulching. I sure wouldn't pay to get a Navigator or Walker if I was only going to do occasional bagging. They make some good device to hang on the stander that works pretty well.

Drew Gemma
10-27-2008, 09:10 PM
using the walker you can trim on either side so no matter where your at your always on the right side

you can trim tight spots from both directions

It vacumes up debris

we bag 85% of our properties