PDA

View Full Version : Truck Lettering / Signage 101

DVS Hardscaper
10-25-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm more into the logistics of business, than I am into looking at pictures, or telling others how much to charge. So I'll share my thoughts about a topic that is vital to our competitive industry, yet doesn't come up very often:

Truck Lettering / Signage

Keep it simple. Keep it real simple. And, think about what catches your eye when you're driving.

Sometime on Monday you're going to be driving somewhere, fellow business owners. And you WILL see a truck, van, or car with lettering on it. And you WILL read the lettering. Now, if you're not in the market for their services - you'll forget about it within seconds. But if you or someone you know is in the market, or may be in the market in the near future - their lettering is going to get your attention and you may find yourself jotting down the number.

Thats a fact!

So in terms of your lettering / signage - simply state what it is you do. Don't use words or terms that only we in the industry know what they mean. You need to speak your client's language.

For example, we do hardscapes. BUT.....you won't see the word "hardscapes" on our trucks, yard signs, and brochures. The average consumer has no clue what a "hardscape" is.

So for us to speak our client's language, I have the following lettering on our trucks:

Patios • Walks • Driveways
Outdoor Living Spaces
Outdoor Lighting Experts
Retaining Walls
Landscaping
Water Features

yep, all that consumes space! But....we just summed up what it is that we do, and we did so by talking THEIR (the clients) language. We just told Mr & Mrs Homeowner who are following behind the truck, whom are in the market for a patio for their new home, that we do exactly what they're looking for - we build patios, and.....we CAN landscape it.......and......we can bring it to life at night.......and.....we can add relaxing sound!

Lets go further: *wrapping*

I have mixed feeling about "wrapping" trucks in vinyl lettering with photos. I used to be an advocate of wrapping. But ya know, in terms of the LANDSCAPE industry, sure wrapping may look very nice, but ya know, really, no one is able to really see the photos and the detail in the photos because it's hard to take all that in, along with the list of services offered, the company name, and the phone number and/or web address as you're driving 55-65 mph down the highway. And usually the list of services, the contact info, and company name cover over the photos!

As it stands righ now, I do not recommened vehicle wrapping for the landscape industry. (Although, I do plan to have a photo of a hardscape on the rear window of my truck, but I will use a very simple photo, and I'm limiting it to the rear window only, vinly lettering is on the tailgate, this way the photo won't be covered up)

shepoutside
10-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I'll share my thoughts :

Lets go further: *wrapping*

I have mixed feeling about "wrapping" trucks in vinyl lettering with photos. I used to be an advocate of wrapping. But ya know, in terms of the LANDSCAPE industry, sure wrapping may look very nice, but ya know, really, no one is able to really see the photos and the detail in the photos because it's hard to take all that in, along with the list of services offered, the company name, and the phone number and/or web address as you're driving 55-65 mph down the highway. And usually the list of services, the contact info, and company name cover over the photos!

Wrapping has done well for us. Remember that most trucks are not in motion all the time, so they are bill boards while at job sites, or parked. I wrap city buses, as they offer huge amount of space, they even cover the windows now, and they ( around here) are on the road 5am-2am 7 days a week. In a larger city, the wraps have done well.

DVS Hardscaper
10-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Wrapping has done well for us. Remember that most trucks are not in motion all the time, so they are bill boards while at job sites, or parked. I wrap city buses, as they offer huge amount of space, they even cover the windows now, and they ( around here) are on the road 5am-2am 7 days a week. In a larger city, the wraps have done well.

Now, ya gotta look at my wording in the opening post of this thread :)

Buses - thats how I discovered wrapping. The first vehicles I ever say wrapped - were buses. But see, they are an exception, primarily because they are LARGE, thus space to tell their story is plentiful, unlike a 3/4 ton pickup or a mid size pick up.

Back to OUR industry:

Marketing is vital to our businesses, each and individually. However, many contractors do NOTHING in terms of marketing because they think it's expensive, or because they do not understand the psychology of marketing.

We have one local contractor in my area that got all their leads from 1 paver supplier. Well, now that supplier is long out of business. These guys have NO work, as they are not marketing. They just do not understand that they cann get their name out for very low cost.

You CAN do a successful marketing and spend very very little.

No doubt, wrapping will do one well. But....in my opinion, the cost of wrapping does not justify the principle. Wrapping is expensive. You can achieve the SAME results with simple lettering. Mark my words.

I'd bet that most here got started mowing lawns, right? And I bet that at least 50% of the participants here started mowing lawns by hanging 8.5x11 flyers on doors. And I bet they achieved great results! For pennies!

Again, the biggest problem with wrapping in terms of our industry is that the lettering and the business logo usually cover over most of the pictures. So then you've paid thousands of dollars for basically stating something you can do with low cost vinyl lettering :)

stuvecorp
10-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Good topic. I am guilty of not doing enough in the marketing area, especially truck lettering or job signs. I personally hate being hit over the head with blatant marketing efforts.

One of my pet peeves with lettering is graphics that you can't read(bad color combo, too busy) unless you are standing right there.

irrig8r
10-26-2008, 12:04 PM
I have the required info on my signs: my official business name, license number, city, but intentionally no phone number, and all those things are smaller than my logo.

The biggest, most memorable thing they see is my logo, which is also my url, sprinklersplus.com (no www) in the same style as my avatar.

I have intentionally left off a phone number. Phone numbers change, urls rarely do. Where I live, the majority of people have internet access. I can give them more info abnout what I doom there than in a phone answering machine announcement, therefore weeding out people who are looking for services I don't offer.

The website is still a work in progress, but it gets the message across.

http://sprinklersplus.com/images/Img56.gif

DVS Hardscaper
10-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I have the required info on my signs: my official business name, license number, city, but intentionally no phone number, and all those things are smaller than my logo.

The biggest, most memorable thing they see is my logo, which is also my url, sprinklersplus.com (no www) in the same style as my avatar.

I have intentionally left off a phone number. Phone numbers change, urls rarely do. Where I live, the majority of people have internet access. I can give them more info abnout what I doom there than in a phone answering machine announcement, therefore weeding out people who are looking for services I don't offer.

Now what Gregg is referring to when he says that he only has his logo on his trucks is what is called 'Name Branding'.

And name branding is a form of marketing. Years ago I swore I would never do anymore than our logo, as that is all we had on the trucks. However, at that time there were 4 of us hardscape contractors in the area to choose from! Now, I bet there are over 25 people calling theirselves "hardscapers"!

A few years ago I had a graphic artist design our logo. We intentionally kept it SIMPLE, yet I wanted it to reflect a taste for creativity. Last Fall, I too found a way to incorporate *dot com* in our logo.

And yep! One of my pet peeves is do not us "www" when announcing the web address. That is a thing of the past and just makes things busy. Years ago when the internet first came out and the news would refer people to look at a website, I remember hearing people say "you need to type a lower case T and an upper case B, all with NO spaces"!

Truck lettering is a form of outdoor advertising. And you CAN'T tell a story with outdoor advertising. So yes, the internet is a great way to get your message out! But first you need to capture your audience. And this is done by truck lettering, yard signs, 4-color brochures, 4-color business cards, etc.

I have a professional voice over person that did our anwering system announcement. We have a weekday announcement, a weekend announcement, and a generic announcement for holidays. I didn't cost me a dime! I have a buddy that used to work in the radio broadcast field. He has a good speaking voice, is well educated, and knows how to put words together. And in the announcement he refers folks to "go online at outdoor finishes dot com and see how we can make your project happen". Our new callers are always impressed with the answering announcement. I get compliments weekly.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/Mobil%20Marketing/IMG_0294.jpg

NewHorizon's Land
10-26-2008, 12:48 PM
What should be on a job site(yard) sign? How big are you going 4' x 4' or just the corroplast(sp) signs on the metal stakes?

DVS Hardscaper
10-26-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm still playing with yard sign size. We currently have the normal, real estate size, metal signs. But I think they're too small. The disposable signs are nice and effective, nothing wrong with using them. However, I bolt brochure boxes to our yard signs so the neighbors can grab our brochures, and with the disposable signs - you can't attach a brochure box.

I really like that New Horizons logo :) It's simple and it's VERY clean. I like the green at the top. I'm no going green freak, but that ties in nicely with the "going green" trend.

oakwdman
10-26-2008, 01:18 PM
DVS, how important would you say it is to have somewhat of a "trademark" to your trucks or equipment? Such as having a bold paint color on the trucks with just a simple logo. I like to think back of when i lived in minnesota and my dad worked for Bachman's. They have all purple trucks and it didnt really matter if you saw thier name on the trucks, if you saw that purple you knew it was them. Reason I ask is because eventually I would like to get my trucks painted the same green of the leaf in my logo. I think it really sets you apart from the competition.

DVS Hardscaper
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM
DVS, how important would you say it is to have somewhat of a "trademark" to your trucks or equipment? Such as having a bold paint color on the trucks with just a simple logo. I like to think back of when i lived in minnesota and my dad worked for Bachman's. They have all purple trucks and it didnt really matter if you saw thier name on the trucks, if you saw that purple you knew it was them. Reason I ask is because eventually I would like to get my trucks painted the same green of the leaf in my logo. I think it really sets you apart from the competition.

Considering there are 1 billion white trucks on the road - catchy color schemes are certainly a positive way to go. See, everyone here are competing contractors. (meaning thats what we do for a living, not meaning that we're competing with one another here) So it's instinct for us contractors that when we see a white truck, we instantly check it out to see who it is. But the average consumer is so accustomed to seeing white trucks in their travels - that they don't even bother to look at them.

In the DC metro area you will see some companys of different trades with some damn catchy paint schemes. Such as a pooper scooper company called 'Doody Calls', their website shows blue trucks, but all I have seen on the road have been lime green trucks, that are visible from a mile away. Another company is 'College Hunks Hauling Junk'. The young owners are becoming known nationally, and were just recognized by INC.COM. Their trucks have dump bodies that are painted bright orange. These color schemes are part of both referenced company's name branding, Thus like you said, as soon as you see the colors - you identify those colors with those companys.

Anything other than white or stock colors offered by the manufacturer are going to capture attention. Although, I believe the more psychodellic the color - the more people will remember your company. I know of one guy with a residential mowing busines, and the first thing he does when he gets a new truck is he drops it off at Maaco and gets them painted bright red.

mrusk
10-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Dvs you are so wise. Thanks for blessing us with your advice. Where do I mail the check to? Or was this consultation free?

NewHorizon's Land
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
DVS thanks for the compliment. I dont think you can see the fading in the "Horizons" but it fades from green to a green with a touch of yellow. My aunt has a printing and marketing company and she made the logo. Would a white cab with a different color bed work for the branding? If so what color would you suggest to go with the color of the logo?

PlatinumLandCon
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
For yard signs, I use a solid sign while I'm working (need to add the brochure feature!) and bag signs when I leave.

I'm thinking about tailgate lettering and a rear window sign for next summer. I think they're the most effective, non intrusive form of pick-up advertising.

mrusk
10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I do disagree with some of the stuff posted here.

I used to list patios, walks, walls, bahahahhaha on everything. I got calls for exactly that. Walls, patios, and walkways.

Once I put landscape design build on everything I started to just get calls and leads for the type of projects I do now.

I'd recommened going with "Landscape design build" and skip everything else.

stuvecorp
10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
I do disagree with some of the stuff posted here.

I used to list patios, walks, walls, bahahahhaha on everything. I got calls for exactly that. Walls, patios, and walkways.

Once I put landscape design build on everything I started to just get calls and leads for the type of projects I do now.

I'd recommened going with "Landscape design build" and skip everything else.

The only problem is with 'Landscape design build' is industry people are the only ones that know what you mean.

I sense alot of love between Rusk and DVS.:);)

DVS Hardscaper
10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
DVS thanks for the compliment. I dont think you can see the fading in the "Horizons" but it fades from green to a green with a touch of yellow. My aunt has a printing and marketing company and she made the logo. Would a white cab with a different color bed work for the branding? If so what color would you suggest to go with the color of the logo?

Thats funny because I looked at your logo and thought to myself:
"that looks pretty damn good for a landscaper, almost looks like a pro designed it. Nah....them guys up in Ridgley MD wouldn't utilize the services of a professional graphic artist"

In terms of truck bed color, I believe having the bed a different color is an excellent idea. The dump body on our dump body is black, but last week I started thinking about painting it orange. Not many people paint their bodies a different color other than black, so hell yeah - go for it! Just make sure it's a color that will really stand out and draw attention.

I would keep the logo colors exactly as they are.

MRusk - I have more lettering that covers the angle such as you mentioned. theres only so much I can type!

mrusk
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
The only problem is with 'Landscape design build' is industry people are the only ones that know what you mean.

I sense alot of love between Rusk and DVS.:);)

Then how come the size, price and scope of my project has increased exponentially, since I started using that phrase???

In the first two years of business people would call me for just a wall. Nothing else.

In the last 2 years there is only one or two jobs that were only single scope projects.

Now people call me for a landscape. We design their dreams then build the multi scoped project.

etwman
10-26-2008, 08:59 PM
This is a good topic Andrew, we made some risky, yet key changes to our equipment and marketing this year that has brought some good results. We're going to talk about this one....its on my list.

Thanks for your contributions.

NewHorizon's Land
10-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah some of us here on the "Shore" want to be pro's like you "over there across that bridge". Thanks.

I am considering getting a new truck in the spring and put the new logo on it and paint the bed a green like the logo. What about enclosed trailers and dump trailers? Should they be white in the front and green in the back like the trucks or one solid color?

DVS Hardscaper
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Then how come the size, price and scope of my project has increased exponentially, since I started using that phrase???

In the first two years of business people would call me for just a wall. Nothing else.

In the last 2 years there is only one or two jobs that were only single scope projects.

Now people call me for a landscape. We design their dreams then build the multi scoped project.

Matt - with all due respect, your increase in scope of jobs has very little to do with your lettering on your truck.

When people are new in business, it's very uncommon for one to land Hollywood style jobs their first year. Thats why your rookie years entail small projects.

As your business grows you will get calls for more bigger and involved projects. I think it's safe for me to say that the calls you have received this year for larger jobs are not attributed to the freakin letterin on your truck!

The calls are attributed to the fact that your are slowly building an inventory of well done, completed jobs. Your portfolio is growing (along with your online ego!! jab jab!) and that works to your advantage. Also you now can stand in Frank & Helen's backyard and show them pics of a $135k job you finished 3 months ago, whereas 2 years ago you did not have such bragging rights afforded to you. This displays competency and develops trust between you and a prospective client.

mrusk
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Matt - with all due respect, your increase in scope of jobs has very little to do with your lettering on your truck.

When people are new in business, it's very uncommon for one to land Hollywood style jobs their first year. Thats why your rookie years entail small projects.

As your business grows you will get calls for more bigger and involved projects. I think it's safe for me to say that the calls you have received this year for larger jobs are not attributed to the freakin letterin on your truck!

The calls are attributed to the fact that your are slowly building an inventory of well done, completed jobs. Your portfolio is growing (along with your online ego!! jab jab!) and that works to your advantage. Also you now can stand in Frank & Helen's backyard and show them pics of a $135k job you finished 3 months ago, whereas 2 years ago you did not have such bragging rights afforded to you. This displays competency and develops trust between you and a prospective client.

LOL my truck just says RUSK on it. No one can tell what I do. I am more or less talking about my business cards, direct mail peices, job site signs, print advertisments etc.

I have been able to pull 100k jobs from direct mail letters. No where in the letters does it say patios, walls, walks, lighting, etc.

What I could be doing is eliminating alot of potential customers, or I might just be attracting the ones I want.

mrusk
10-26-2008, 10:28 PM
BTW I am just telling you guys what I have done and what my experiences are. I am by no way saying my way is the best way. However, I will continue utilizing this method until I feel it is no longer working.

tthomass
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM
The tailgate of my truck has (3) things.

Left of the handle is my logo.
Right of the handle is "Landscape Design & Build"
Across the bottom of my tailgate is my website......which sucks

My truck is a quad cab and I have the same thing on the back door windows + a small VT sticker with Agriculture going through it on my back window. The degree is an attraction and I like having agriculture because its a word that most people in this area don't understand haha.

PlatinumLandCon
10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Rusk,
I think the fact that you're positioning yourself as more of a 'Landscape Design Build' company instead of a patio company is what helps. I constantly try to get my guys to be thinking with a high class mentality. "If you bought a Ferrari and there was a gap in the dash, would you accept it? No?? Then why is there a gap in that piece you cut? Why isn't that block perfectly level? Why isnt blah blah" I say it in a sorta nice way though:laugh:

DVS Hardscaper
10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
LOL my truck just says RUSK on it. No one can tell what I do. I am more or less talking about my business cards, direct mail peices, job site signs, print advertisments etc.

BTW I am just telling you guys what I have done and what my experiences are. I am by no way saying my way is the best way. However, I will continue utilizing this method until I feel it is no longer working.

Matt - ok, cool, fair enough!

But....lets stay on course. The title of this thread is "TRUCK" LETTERING :)

There are 2 forms of advertising.

One form is where your company is located WHEN people ARE actively pursuring the services you offer. For example: Frank & Helen want a new backyard, so on their own, they go to Google and type in "Landscape Design Build Morristown NJ", or they open the yellow pages. They FOUND you. The customer is making the FIRST move.

Then there is the form of advertising that this thread pertains to. It's where you throw you name and services out there in hopes that someone will stumble across your services. You're throwing your name infront of them whether they desire such services or not, you're making the FIRST move.

I'm talking about a facit of outdoor advertising, not marketing in general :)

Marketing callateral in print form is whole other seperate thread :) This is because typically direct mail advertisements and stuff done in print contain 4-color pictures. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and speak volumes over text and lettering.

bigviclbi
10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Where I work we drive around all day long. I finally got my trucks lettered figuring it was killing me not having them done with all the exposure I could get. I just did BIG and Simple but it has worked. People tell me they see my trucks all the time, I have two stake dumps but people think I have a whole fleet. Here is one of them. The second truck I made sure they put the website bigger.

EagleLandscape
10-29-2008, 05:07 PM
thought i would throw this one in there...

This is just the little truck I drive. Landscape and irrigation guys drive 3/4 ton trucks, I just had to run to a bank we manage this morning and remove 50 dead shrubs. I actually bought this truck for $900 a few years back from a friend in school. the engine threw a connecting rod and I bought it from her. found a used engine on ebay for $500, another few hundred for gaskets and fluids and I had another truck. Best money spent ever. I put nearly 150 miles a day on it. This location was 70 miles from my home. $2.08 for unleaded in this part of town too:) Don't mind the far drive, It pays for itself when I fill up there.

Mike33
10-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I hardly have anything. 2 magnet signs of what dot recquires. I wish i could post a pic of my first truck but only have 35mm snapshot. It was a 79 gmc 1 ton later i built a dump bed for it. The truck was junk and i was starting out not knowing any thing so i thought have a nice looking truck any way. I was prof. auto-body by trade and currently still in that business so i replaced 2 doors, 2 fenders, 2 rockerpanels and painted all over a bright red. Took truck to a friend of mine who painted signs and graphics, and told him to put a bobcat pushing snow and one in the dirt. I picked up truck and couldn't believe how beautiful it was. The whole door had a painting on it, new home landscaped even the trees the leaves was different colors and had a bobcat moving top soil and 1 plowing snow. I actually feel the truck was good for business looks wise until the end of day it wouldn't start.
Mike

DVS Hardscaper
10-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Thats some good looking lettering!

Although everything I have was bought new, I'm an advocate of buying used trucks for work. About 8 years ago I had a Ford Ranger that I bought for $500.00. I used it as my estimating truck, and got about 2 years of use out of it before the trans started slipping. 500 bucks and maybe another 500 in minor repairs for inspection - that ain't bad for 24 months of use, and it sure beat making payments!

PlatinumLandCon
10-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Thats some good looking lettering!

Although everything I have was bought new, I'm an advocate of buying used trucks for work. About 8 years ago I had a Ford Ranger that I bought for $500.00. I used it as my estimating truck, and got about 2 years of use out of it before the trans started slipping. 500 bucks and maybe another 500 in minor repairs for inspection - that ain't bad for 24 months of use, and it sure beat making payments!

A ranger is a beauty run-around truck. It can also tow a small enclosed if you're in a pinch.

EagleLandscape
10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
i use the f150 to tow when i absolutely have to. loaded a pallet of grass in it the other day, could only fit 3 pallets on the trailer with the f250, thankfully i was only going 5 miles from the sod place though.

its been a great truck. never gotten any calls off of it though, but it looks professional, and portrays a solid image when parked at a job.

Lawnworks
11-02-2008, 11:22 AM
thought i would throw this one in there...

This is just the little truck I drive. Landscape and irrigation guys drive 3/4 ton trucks, I just had to run to a bank we manage this morning and remove 50 dead shrubs. I actually bought this truck for $900 a few years back from a friend in school. the engine threw a connecting rod and I bought it from her. found a used engine on ebay for $500, another few hundred for gaskets and fluids and I had another truck. Best money spent ever. I put nearly 150 miles a day on it. This location was 70 miles from my home. $2.08 for unleaded in this part of town too:) Don't mind the far drive, It pays for itself when I fill up there.

Sounds like a great deal! It is definately nice having something pay for itself over and over again.

I have 4 company trucks in my company color w/ my logo. I have got to say... I really don't get any calls off of the trucks and when I do they are usually trash calls for work I do not want to do. I think the only real advantage is branding and it is probably a waste of money if you have only one truck on the road.

NewHorizon's Land
11-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Not branding is more waste of money IMO

JayD
02-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Now what Gregg is referring to when he says that he only has his logo on his trucks is what is called 'Name Branding'.

And name branding is a form of marketing. Years ago I swore I would never do anymore than our logo, as that is all we had on the trucks. However, at that time there were 4 of us hardscape contractors in the area to choose from! Now, I bet there are over 25 people calling theirselves "hardscapers"!

A few years ago I had a graphic artist design our logo. We intentionally kept it SIMPLE, yet I wanted it to reflect a taste for creativity. Last Fall, I too found a way to incorporate *dot com* in our logo.

And yep! One of my pet peeves is do not us "www" when announcing the web address. That is a thing of the past and just makes things busy. Years ago when the internet first came out and the news would refer people to look at a website, I remember hearing people say "you need to type a lower case T and an upper case B, all with NO spaces"!

Truck lettering is a form of outdoor advertising. And you CAN'T tell a story with outdoor advertising. So yes, the internet is a great way to get your message out! But first you need to capture your audience. And this is done by truck lettering, yard signs, 4-color brochures, 4-color business cards, etc.

I have a professional voice over person that did our anwering system announcement. We have a weekday announcement, a weekend announcement, and a generic announcement for holidays. I didn't cost me a dime! I have a buddy that used to work in the radio broadcast field. He has a good speaking voice, is well educated, and knows how to put words together. And in the announcement he refers folks to "go online at outdoor finishes dot com and see how we can make your project happen". Our new callers are always impressed with the answering announcement. I get compliments weekly.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/Mobil%20Marketing/IMG_0294.jpg

What do you know about the answering system announcements, can you buy these or how do you get them. I see where you talk about it here and knew some one who did it for you, but where can I find that kind of service.
Thanks,

Danscapes
02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I agree 100% about making your truck eye catching within reason. There is a guy here locally that has an old Dodge truck that has a different color paint on every body panel. This guy does crap work but his truck stands out so he gets lots of jobs.

zedosix
02-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm a believer in sublety on my trucks, but on my cargo I'm working on a wrap, this way people can check out my work site cleanliness and my work quality while they go for a walk in the evening.

DVS Hardscaper
02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
What do you know about the answering system announcements, can you buy these or how do you get them. I see where you talk about it here and knew some one who did it for you, but where can I find that kind of service.
Thanks,

All you have to do is keep your ears open for people with good speaking voices, and for people that know how to speak. We all come across these people all the time, but you have to be proactive and alert when you do so you can ask them to do some voice over work for you.

The guy that did my voice announcements used to work in radio and we used to be good friends years ago.

There used to be a guy that used to go to the gym. He speaks very clearly and has a good speaking voice. I used to always say "when i need a new voice-over guy I'm calling you".

Paradise Landscapes
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Sorry Guys, I don't mean to Hijack this thread, But lemme know what you think about my ideas.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=303215

JayD
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
All you have to do is keep your ears open for people with good speaking voices, and for people that know how to speak. We all come across these people all the time, but you have to be proactive and alert when you do so you can ask them to do some voice over work for you.

The guy that did my voice announcements used to work in radio and we used to be good friends years ago.

There used to be a guy that used to go to the gym. He speaks very clearly and has a good speaking voice. I used to always say "when i need a new voice-over guy I'm calling you".

Thanks for the info, I have been thinking of something in those terms.

kootoomootoo
02-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I am going to get the tailgate wrapped.it was around $200 or so.