PDA

View Full Version : Billygoat loader

mowerbrad
10-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I found a billygoat truck loader for sale about 15 minutes from me. It has a 20hp briggs engine electric start with a 10" intake hose, I think it is a "quiet loader"? It is hooked up to a trailer that he fabricated that has a small leaf box on it. He told me he bought it in 2000 for $4000 and only used it for about 3-4 years. He got a new one last year so this one had to go. He said it works great and so did his employees. He is asking $1500. Anyone know anything about these?

2low4NH
10-25-2008, 04:57 PM
they work great i have an older 11 hp billy goat it packs leaves in the truck very well mine has an 8 inch intake which is a little small but still moves alot of leaves. you will want it on a dump trailer or dump truck. the mulch the leaves up very well. it will improve your profits on clean ups alot

yardmanlee
10-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I wish that was closer. I'd jump on it. take a look at the impeller
to see how wore out it is

P.Services
10-25-2008, 07:58 PM
if you tell me where to find it i will let you know what i think and how it works.

yardmanlee
10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
if you tell me where to find it i will let you know what i think and how it works.

you can get it and lease it to him or me if ya want to ship it to va

mowerbrad
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I am going to assume that this is a pretty good buy as many of you guys would like to get it for yourselves. I would like to get it a little cheaper than $1500. Does anyone know how those briggs engines are on those?

mowerbrad
10-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Anyone else have any thoughts about this loader?

mowerbrad
10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
I was able to find the owners manual on billygoats website for it so I was able to look at some of the specifications for it. It actually had a 12" intake hose. I had thought that it was a 10" only.

STIHL GUY
10-26-2008, 09:35 PM
it seems like it would up your productivity a lot. and the price doesnt seem too bad either

mowerbrad
10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I was able to get some further information from billygoat about the loader. I really wanted to make sure that this model didn't have any major issues that would give me problems. Billygoat said that there are no issues that they are aware of with this model. Unless I find out something bad about this loader I will probably buy it in the next week or so.

2low4NH
10-27-2008, 10:58 PM
dont wait some one will take it away from u

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
$1500 for a used QL with trailer and box? Just before Fall? Jump all over it and fast! You'll have that paid for itself in a couple of weeks.

mowerbrad
10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
$1500 for a used QL with trailer and box? Just before Fall? Jump all over it and fast! You'll have that paid for itself in a couple of weeks.

It is a kind of home built trailer and box. They put a plywood box on the frame of a small snowmobile trailer and then mounted the vac to the frame. The box is 4 feet wide by 4 feet long by 8 feet tall, I should hold about 4.5 cubic yards.

btnj47
10-28-2008, 06:10 PM
It is a kind of home built trailer and box. They put a plywood box on the frame of a small snowmobile trailer and then mounted the vac to the frame. The box is 4 feet wide by 4 feet long by 8 feet tall, I should hold about 4.5 cubic yards.

The trailer and box is an added bonus. If it is in decent shape it is worth the 1500 by itself. That loader is the biggest model. I have the 18 horse model and I love it so far. I would definatly jump on that deal FAST

robertsturf
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I was lucky last year and bought a dump trailer and leaf loader for $1500.00. The box on it is 8 x 8 x 7. It has a utility portion on the front with a side ramp for the mowers. I made some improvements and posted pic's on the picture forum today.

mowerbrad
10-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I probably could get the guy down to 1300 or so if I offer him cash, which I would do. I wish I would have found this earlier in the season because I would have advertised for clean-ups way more. I usually hate doing the clean-ups as it takes so long with the mower or with tarps. If I get this I will be able to knock out some of the jobs in alot less time. Also how are the briggs Vangaurd engines for commercial use?

SomervilleLawncare
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
mowerbrad, If you don't end up buying it will you let me know how to contact the guy. I would at least like to take a look if you end up not wanting it.

mowerbrad
10-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Sure will. I should be making my decision in the next couple days.

gmlcinc
10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Ya, let us know if you don't buy it. Sounds like a good deal.

Has any body tried lengthening the hose on these things? How long can you go before you start to lose suction? I've never used one but if I had one I'd like to be able to take that hose right to the back yard.

mowerbrad
10-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I think I will probably call the guy tomorrow or friday to make him an offer on it. Through all of the research that I did I think that this will be a good buy. The engine also seems to be a good one which makes me feel that much better. But before I buy it I will go through it thouroughly. I want to make sure that the impeller is in good shape, the hose is still good, and engine runs nicely. Anything else I should be looking for on it?

SIWEL
10-29-2008, 08:25 PM
i have about the same loader you are looking at. i do not know what year mine is, but it also sat for a number of years before i picked it up this year. the thing works awsome but runs like crap... motor only runs on 1 cylinder at WOT. i think there is just some crap in the jet of the carb, nothing wrong with the machine tho, i love it and would never buy another brand as long as billy goat stay priced well. awsome price on it also.

mowerbrad
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
If I can, before I finalize the purchase, I am going to have it taken to my machanics and have them look at the engine to make sure that it is in good shape. If it all checks out there is no doubt I will buy it.

J&R Landscaping
10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Those briggs vanguard engines are great! I have a 16hp v-twin on my billy goat truck loader and its good really decent power. I would snatch that up real fast, it sounds like a good deal!

mowerbrad
10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I am going to call the guy tomorrow about it again. I would like to see it run and I would like to inspect it to make sure it is solid. If everything goes well I will buy it on Friday or Saturday.

mowerbrad
10-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Well I went today to go look over the unit with the current owner. But they were having troubles with the starter as the engine wouldn't start. I don't know much about the issue, just that they were going to be replacing the starter. It should be fixed by tomorrow so I will go over to look at it again then.

mowerbrad
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
They still were having problems with the starter when I went back, so they are going to try and fix that by monday. As long as it works I do plan on buying it. After looking at it closer the impeller and hose are still in good shape and the box on it should hold about 5 cubic yards of leaves.

mowerbrad
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I bought the loader yesterday and so far it is working great. I have only been able to clean-up my own lawn but I will be using it on my next clean-ups tomorrow. I am going to use it as is for this year but I might make a larger box and trailer for it for next year, right now it holds just under 5 cubic feet.