PDA

View Full Version : Land for rent.

JimmyStew
10-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I was wondering what you guys are paying or think a fair price for rented land is?

I will likely be evicted from my current location since they are set to begin development on a condo complex next spring/summer. I'm not paying any rent on the property right now, as the owner is essentially my boss in the winter months (I do maintenance/carpentry for a prop. mgmt company). He has another location that is close by that will likely be available and will be a great location for me. The problem is, I need the location to be permanent (at least for a few years) so that I can settle into and set it up to be more efficient, thus, I expect I will be asked to pay something for rent. There is no building, no water and no electricity. Its just a chunk of land where I can park the equipment and dump spoils - mulch, soils, etc. I am in a fairly rural area (central maine) so this isn't a city location. Any thoughts?

brandtb1
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I would think that it cannot be too rural if they are building condos on the old location. Land rents fairly cheap around here, but it depends on if it is fenced or paved or whatever else. Are you going to add a building or just leave your equipment in the open? I would take what the land is worth and divide it by 10 or 20 and see if the owner will go for that. Unless you get formal and sign a lease, they could make you leave at anytime.