PDA

View Full Version : Estimating Retaining wall

hillcountry
10-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I am having difficulty estimating a retaining wall. I have done some inthe past, however, this one is longer (120'x3'-4'tall) and the topography is challangeing to say the least. I will not have alot of room for equipment through some of the area. Materials aside, has anyone run across a similar project and how much did you charge for the installation? Is there a good price per square or linear foot?

Also, the wall will be 3'-4' tall along the side of a hill (lower section). I am contemplating wether or notI should pour a footing for this. Generally, anything under 3' I do not. Any suggestions?

Mike33
10-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Pouring a footer is against the concept of srw's. Its like locking your door and letting the window down. All jobs are different and you will get all different price responces. I never go by sq' for pricing. Since i do use a sq' block i will use that for amount of blocks needed though. I estimate by # of blocks and installed price, caps and install, labor for excavtion, geo-grid, will i have to haul away dirt, amount of stone, location will i need more time time do to access. Add all of these up and give price. This might not work for you or others here but it is how i do it. Listen to other posts and make your choice.
mike

hillcountry
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
That is kind of what I was doing........there are some things that you mentioned that I did not have priced yet. Thanks for your advise.

Mike33
10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Thats part of this site, good luck to you.
mike