PDA

View Full Version : $1.99 Gas!!

Petr51488
10-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow, never thought i would see it again, but the price war between the two stations dropped one of them to 1.99. I filled up for 2.06 today then just a few hours ago, i drove past them again and the other was at 1.99. I'm now happy with the price of gas, but the lower the better! Average prices around here are 2.25 cash for regular, and 3.09 cash for diesel. They should drop again tomorrow.

Green Machine Mowing
10-25-2008, 11:13 PM
this happend the last election

the second this election gets over, it will start creeping its way back up, so fill ever tank and can that you have before then!!!

J&R Landscaping
10-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Thats good! Gas prices continue to drop. $2.63 for 87. $3.29 for Diesel.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-26-2008, 12:30 AM
We are still overpriced at 2.30 here.....
Has a ways to drop yet...stations are taking some profit on the way down.

Too bad the price drops when the mowing season is almost kaput....I'd love to store up a tank load over winter at these prices but of course can't do that.

DuallyVette
10-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Regular gas is $2.69 to $2.89
Diesel fuel is $3.49 to $3.89

The news reports say we're slightly higher than the national average...THEY LIE !!!

KS_Grasscutter
10-26-2008, 12:45 AM
$2.25 gas/$2.99 diesel. We will probably be under $2.00 for gas in a couple weeks.

lot0210
10-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Believe it or not the truckstops just down the road from me has gass at 2.50 a gal (a truckstop of all places)

stevenf
10-26-2008, 01:46 AM
I believe the $700 billion buy out plan was a tax pay off for oil companys to calm the economy down. They called it a buy out because they had to trick us into thinking our taxes were getting used else where.
Think about it. No matter what happens, ever! The price of gas is the one thing people complain about. Get rid of that, get rid of the crysis in 95% of peoples minds.

K/B
10-26-2008, 05:51 AM
This is rotten. We still have $3.00+ gas. Someone is raking in the cash!

grasswhacker
10-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Now we need to drill for our own oil to keep us from getting into this quandry again, while exploring alternative energy sources.

Charles
10-26-2008, 07:14 AM
This just highlights the insanity of placing oil in the future's market for speculation. I don't know it all works myself. I just know that it is a stupid way play with people's lives. Demand didn't all of a sudden go up 400% and it didn't all of a sudden go down 200%. The same with supply. Many countries and therefore many lives will rise and fall with the price of oil. This has a yo yo effect on all of us.
I would put the emphasis on finding alternatives sources because lower oil prices will not make new drilling/research cost effective. Countries around the world are doubling and tripling their demand for gas. Any new oil we find will lost in the world market of gas guzzlers. That is when the worlds economy gets back on track
You would know, prices would come down at the end of the lawn care season:rolleyes:

billslawn89
10-26-2008, 07:19 AM
You would know, prices would come down at the end of the lawn care season:rolleyes:

i guess with the lower fuel prices is a good thing for all the snow plow operators! i'm glad i'm not it that part of the business anymore! had enough of it so i moved south

punt66
10-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I believe the $700 billion buy out plan was a tax pay off for oil companys to calm the economy down. They called it a buy out because they had to trick us into thinking our taxes were getting used else where.
Think about it. No matter what happens, ever! The price of gas is the one thing people complain about. Get rid of that, get rid of the crysis in 95% of peoples minds.

The crash of the financial markets arnt in peoples minds. Its real and global. Has nothing to do with fuel prices.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Regular gas is $2.69 to $2.89
Diesel fuel is $3.49 to $3.89

The news reports say we're slightly higher than the national average...THEY LIE !!!

Dually, Regular was 2.58$ a gallon up the street from my house at the corner of Hwy 160 and Johnston Rd Hwy 521, yesterday.

shade tree landscaping
10-26-2008, 09:23 AM
PETR where in NJ are you getting $1.99 gas? I stoped and got $2.45 last nite and thought I was getting a deal! If gas ever gets down to around $1.50 again, imagine how much extra $$$ you will have in your pocket!

Petr51488
10-26-2008, 09:55 AM
PETR where in NJ are you getting $1.99 gas? I stoped and got $2.45 last nite and thought I was getting a deal! If gas ever gets down to around $1.50 again, imagine how much extra $$$ you will have in your pocket!

Hah, you can say that again. I almost $hit my pants when i got a half tank for 30 bucks! Usually its 60! Theres actually 2 stations in my town that are having gas wars. One that just opened up, after being bought out, and being closed down for a few months and the other maybe a block away. I wouldn't buy from the new station because of all of the crap thats in the tank underground. Ever notice when a new station opens up with old pumps that the price is dirt cheap? I had a bad experience with that. The station down the block has been open for as long as i can remember and hes trying to keep the prices lower then the other guys. One day it dropped from 2.45 like you were paying to 2.15. I've never seen a 30 cent drop. I havn't gone by the station yet today but i'm sure its below the 1.99 from the new station that opened up. I'll let you know.

mattfromNY
10-26-2008, 09:59 AM
This is rotten. We still have $3.00+ gas. Someone is raking in the cash!

Same here! Still $3.26 yesterday.
Its amazing, though, that once the AG started investigating our high prices compared to surrounding counties (gas stations say it is supply & demand)- after much complaining by local politicians, and suddenly it starts to come down by 15-20 cents after remaining in the $3.30-3.40 range when everyone around us has been under $3 for weeks.

jaybird24
10-26-2008, 10:10 AM
It is funny how fast we became accustomed to such high prices, that it is like a relief when it comes down. These prices are still low in comparison to almost every other country, even when gas was close to $4/gal. I read that OPEC was planning on slowing down production to keep supply from getting too high. That right there tells me they are messing with the costs to their benefit. I can't really blame them, but when a product affects the global economy so much, you would think just an honest supply and demand would be beneficial. I don't really understand the whole chain, and the reality is the fuel cost is fairly low on my overhead, and a needed expense. Now in mine and my wifes personal vehicles, I filled up the other day, and it was much more satisfying, I started adding up how much sooner I can get that big screen TV. So for the average household this probably does come as a fairly significant relief.

GrassBustersLawn
10-26-2008, 01:27 PM
$2.29 for REGULAR in INDY. I was in Louisville yesterday for EXPO and it was $2.55 down there.

CFB
10-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Gas is dropping because the economy is crashing, this is not something to be happy about. I'd rather see 5 dollar gas in a stable economy. We are headed for very rough times...all of us.

TJLANDS
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Hah, you can say that again. I almost $hit my pants when i got a half tank for 30 bucks! Usually its 60! Theres actually 2 stations in my town that are having gas wars. One that just opened up, after being bought out, and being closed down for a few months and the other maybe a block away. I wouldn't buy from the new station because of all of the crap thats in the tank underground. Ever notice when a new station opens up with old pumps that the price is dirt cheap? I had a bad experience with that. The station down the block has been open for as long as i can remember and hes trying to keep the prices lower then the other guys. One day it dropped from 2.45 like you were paying to 2.15. I've never seen a 30 cent drop. I havn't gone by the station yet today but i'm sure its below the 1.99 from the new station that opened up. I'll let you know.

Like he asked you, Where in NJ?

prizeprop
10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes me too, where?

Petr51488
10-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes me too, where?

Sorry. I'm in Rutherford.

shade tree landscaping
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I mite have to take the ride up north for that big of savings! $1.99 that close to the city is beyond a steal !!!! keep that a secret before you have everyone going to the lincoln tunnel stoping there on there way to work!

Petr51488
10-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I mite have to take the ride up north for that big of savings! $1.99 that close to the city is beyond a steal !!!! keep that a secret before you have everyone going to the lincoln tunnel stoping there on there way to work!

hah, thats why i didnt want to tell you where i was! lol I'll be by there soon so i'll check out the prices for today. Its wierd, now i'm looking for places to go so i can fill my tank since its so cheap!

Petr51488
10-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Gas is dropping because the economy is crashing, this is not something to be happy about. I'd rather see 5 dollar gas in a stable economy. We are headed for very rough times...all of us.

Well, i think gas is the reason why this economy is in the crapper. And good for it. Maybe they'll learn not to stupid things like charging 5 bucks a gallon for fuel. Look what it's done to the world! High fuel prices is to blame for the rise in EVERYTHING. I won't start an argument, but fuel has ties to everything. Food, steel, mowers, businesses etc.

lifetree
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
this happend the last election ...

Yeah, I think you're right about that !!

DuallyVette
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
A few people pull all the strings on this planet. We're just their puppets.(victims) We're getting screwed !!!

Hawg City Lawns
10-26-2008, 11:45 PM
were still getting it up the roscoe with diesel prices here but gas is $2.17

Petr51488
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
were still getting it up the roscoe with diesel prices here but gas is $2.17

whats the price of diesel by you? Over here is 3.12