PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Wire

coxlandscaping
10-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I need some advice on how you all would go about getting and hiding the wire to the location (arrow) in the picture. The whole house is stone and is an older home that is being remodeled. This is a starter home for one of my customerís daughter.

S&MLL
10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Alot of guys like to use the gutters.

Are you doing flower pot lights or something?

But I would just run some 1/2"down the side of the gutter. And paint it to match the gutter. Only other thing would be to go into the attic and run across the house and drop down the back of the house. But you have to use 12/2 romex for that. Which is expensive.

JoeyD
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I would probably use the downspout to run the wire up. Once in the gutter I would come out and keep the wire on the wedge covering it with some wood corner molding that you can paint.

S&MLL
10-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Joey i have been meaning to upload a picture and send it to you. Its of your gutter mount.

Lite4
10-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Are you placing a light on that beam or inside it? Depending on the exact placement of the light, I would probable fish my wire up that gutter and drill a small hole in the top section of the gutter, (right where it meets the bottom of the beam) and fish it over from there. Like I said though, I don't know exactly where the light is going.
Good Luck

JoeyD
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Joey i have been meaning to upload a picture and send it to you. Its of your gutter mount.

email it to me!!! I would love to see it!

joey.digiovanni@uniquelighting.com