PDA

View Full Version : who's thumb?

coopers
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I saw this mini for sale online and liked the look of the thumb. It's not a pro link but maybe these guys make one. Anyone recognize it? I zoomed in and all there is, is an "S" on the side. Don't recognize it. This machine is from S. or N. Carolina. So maybe a company back east?

Dirtman2007
10-27-2008, 06:27 PM
The company's name wasn't Briggs was it? That's the nace of our case dealer here in Raleigh NC. I don't know the name of the thumb but it looks like a nice one.

Junior M
10-27-2008, 07:29 PM
The company's name wasn't Briggs was it? That's the nace of our case dealer here in Raleigh NC. I don't know the name of the thumb but it looks like a nice one.
Our case dealer here is Briggs to, Dirtman dont you have a thumb thats built similar to that one?

I have seen a thumb with that same design but I cant remember what its brand name is... I saw it just the other day in the Equipment trader....

bobcat_ron
10-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Someone sure did a sloppy job on the installation, you can see the primer on sides of the welding for the cylinder and the hoses are just a mish mash hokey pokey job.

talus
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
That is a Solesbee thumb. I have one of their root grapples for my sr 80. It's a very well built unit. I have seen others on here with the same grapple as I have. Pm me and I'll tell you who to get their opinion.

Junior M
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
That is a Solesbee thumb. I have one of their root grapples for my sr 80. It's a very well built unit. I have seen others on here with the same grapple as I have. Pm me and I'll tell you who to get their opinion.
Yep, thats it!! I remember now, the guy I technically worked for over the summer had a Grapple made by them for his New Holland skid...

coopers
10-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Huh checked their website, didn't see any mention of pro link thumbs made by them.

talus
10-28-2008, 01:16 AM
I just noticed that they don't have any thumbs listed for mini's. I remember the salesman telling me they would make one if provided the measurements. It's defineately a Solesbees'. IDK.

coopers
10-28-2008, 02:41 AM
I just noticed that they don't have any thumbs listed for mini's. I remember the salesman telling me they would make one if provided the measurements. It's defineately a Solesbees'. IDK.

Well I'm sure if they'd be more than willing to build one for someone to put money down. But I have two great companies back at home so I'd more than likely go with them. I was just curious who's that was.