PDA

View Full Version : business website

grassmasterswilson
10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Was thinking about getting a website for my business. How much success as far as referals and jobs do you guys get on average? Is it worth the investment? From what I've found it would take right much to hire someone to create it. I am not computer savy enough to do it myself.

Just curious

jbell36
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
i've heard hiring someone is the way to go as well but aren't they very expensive? sorry i don't have any information that will help you out on this post i'm just curious on what people will say about business and how much they cost...

Jeff Tracey Enterprises
10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I do my own, and I am by no means computer smart!! Go to www.freewebs.com and everything is preformated, you can add and delete pages if you like a format, you can change colors on the backgrounds, add pics, the whole 9 yards. I did mine, took me about 3 or 4 hours, and Im happy with it. The best part is that its FREE!!!! Cant complain about that at all!! The only thing is that on your website name its is ( mine for example) www.jefftraceyenterprises.webs.com. you have to have the .webs in there, or you can do it like www.freewebs.jefftraceyenterprises.com. I didn't like that one so I did the 1st one. Like I said, you dont have to pay for the domain name or anything which the prices very on and its all there in front of you, you just have to pic stuff out and fill in the blanks. Hope this helped and good luck with it!! Jeff

BDLC Mikey
10-28-2008, 01:20 AM
i do mine myself as well www.vistalawn.com but i use a real hosting service... about 100 a year, which is a killer deal for a complete website with yourname.com plus you can create almost limitless email accounts like care@yourname.com or you@yourname.com... i currently have the best website in the area and im not that big of a company yet, but when people find me online they think im HUGE! its funny sometimes... it also has brought me some decent accounts. If anyone wants a site like mine i can totally help you set it all up for 250 bucks which would cover the domain, hosting, and my leisure time. and then from there you take it over or i can even help out down the line if need be. i just love making websites in my spare time. i think i might be in the wrong business... o well