willretire@40
10-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Anyone going in November?

Az Gardener
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Had not heard about it. Any info?

willretire@40
10-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Check out their website. It is on the main page.

mowranger
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Anyone going in November?

I am going

willretire@40
11-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I will be there too.

Doug1966
11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I would like to go, but can't make it this year. I think it would be a great experience, though.

Can you guys report back about their "QXpress Online"? That would be my main reason to go if I was going, as there isn't anything about it on their website, but the rumblings are that there will be a big push on it. Sounds like it is going to be **open source** lawn care program, which just sounds too good to be true.

Farbio
11-06-2008, 01:06 AM
What is "Qxpress online" or "open source"? I currently use qxpress but have not heard of these other things.

willretire@40
11-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Qxpress online is something new coming out. They will be showing a preview at the conference.

Doug1966
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Farbio - open source is when software companies pretty much give away the source code they used to create the program so that we can take it and change it for our own needs. I doubt these guys are quite doing that, but the way it was explained to me is that everything in the online version is created using drag and drop tools that we can also use to change screens around and create our own screens. My rep explained it as "imagine the whole program was built using the report designer where you can add and change everything you want".

That still doesn't clear it up for me, and I have no real clue what they are talking about. Hopefully the guys at the conference get a better explanation than I got. :(

Farbio
11-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks Doug. That makes more sense. I hope it is a drag and drop system. That would be nice. I definitely would have no idea how to change source code even if they did make it public.

Josh.S
11-09-2008, 01:40 AM
I like the calender summary layout in qxpress, but man entering a quick mowing in is sometimes a pain...

jeremyt1998
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I am going

How was the Users conference??

We want to know about the new updates....

Doug1966
11-28-2008, 08:31 AM
any word on QXpress Online from the conference? I'm dying here. Is it really open source?

willretire@40
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
i didnt make it.

jeremyt1998
11-28-2008, 11:46 AM
I hope everything is alright with you willretire@40. I know that conference was a big commitment. If anyone went we want to hear from you.

J

mowranger
11-28-2008, 09:14 PM
any word on QXpress Online from the conference? I'm dying here. Is it really open source?

We went to the conference so I will report what I learned. The guys from Q put on a classy show. Its a little over whelming if you do not all ready use the software. But here goes, I attended the mobile, cool things, beginner forms, H2B and some of the Online version. I learned that mobile was not for my operation for the simply reason I do not think my guys would take care of the equipment! Cool things showed you little short cuts that would save you a lot of time! Beginner forms showed you how to create forms for your business. H2B was not very promising! The online thing was something way out of the box and has massive potential you have the ability to change the way it looks, add different things to it and more then I can explain about it.
should be coming out very soon

Quick books and Qxpress has been the back bone of keeping up with our business! The support you get with both companies is impeccable. It takes a bit to learn but when you get it you are head and shoulders above guys that do not use them! imho!

Az Gardener
11-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Did they recommend models / brands of PDA's to use for the field? We are shopping for those now and not having a lot of luck. Alltell / Verizion is our preferred service provider here but the locals are really dragging their feet in getting us a compatible PDA to look at.

My 09 marketing campaign is built around many of the bells and whistles the QXpress program provides and I am anxious to launch it but can't until I get the system up and operating. Help...

jeremyt1998
11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Did they recommend models / brands of PDA's to use for the field? We are shopping for those now and not having a lot of luck. Alltell / Verizion is our preferred service provider here but the locals are really dragging their feet in getting us a compatible PDA to look at.

My 09 marketing campaign is built around many of the bells and whistles the QXpress program provides and I am anxious to launch it but can't until I get the system up and operating. Help...

Call them up and they will answer that question for you. I know once I inquired about the phones and they told me which ones it works on; that was a long time ago a year or two.

J

Farbio
12-02-2008, 02:17 AM
AZ,

What bells and whistles are you referring to? How do you plan on using it for marketing?. We have been using Qxpress for about 6 months and am still learning. Just wondering what other features it has that I havent found yet. Thanks!

Az Gardener
12-02-2008, 03:02 AM
We fill out worksheets at each clients home now every visit, outlining the work that was performed any applications made etc. Now they are done manually with pen and paper so it is not simple to do anything with them. Part of my marketing is to be able to send this worksheet via e mail after each visit along with before and after pictures of the service. Many of our clients are away throughout the year. Some properties are so big the client does not even get around the house to see what we did even if they are in town. This is just another tool to illustrate the value of the service we perform.

Plus it will streamline our billing, the bills can be generated from the worksheet. So I wont have to be pouring over each one to enter the information into the computer.

We can also keep clients personal preferences handy on the PDA so the guys don't have to wonder if this house gets lights checked weekly or monthly. Do we have the OK to cut back the roses, etc.

So what are you using and how do you like it?

One downfall of the worksheets is once they are turned in any notes the guys made for future service are at the mercy of me to remind them. With the PDA the information will be at their fingertips.

Lastly no more collecting lists from each crew for supply items. When they realize they need more of something they can just add it to the list right then and there and I can review the list when I am at the various supply houses.

These are just some of the things I have been led to believe are possible with the Q program and the PDA's.

Everyone says "hire us we do a great job". These are some of the things I want to show to a prospective client. This is how we deliver a great product. That is different, this is different, our service is different. That is one leg of my marketing plan for 09 and without the program and PDA's in place I can't really go out and use that as a selling tool even though I already have the literature ready to go... see my point.

So what are you using and how do you like it?