PDA

View Full Version : ASV's ?????

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 08:44 AM
seen a few of these on ebay . :cool2:

bobcat_ron
10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Good riddance, those 100's are just plain fugly.

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
but this is the first 320 i seen like this ..........:cry:

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 09:49 AM
here's some better pics

Junior M
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I assume the ASV was doing forestry chipping, or whatever it is technically called.

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
brush cutting , thats my guess as well but it's not imposeble that it over heated i have over heated one after i floped it on its side :cool2:

Junior M
10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I am pretty sure it was, I have never seen a 100 with a bucket on it, seems like it would be a waste of power, thats alot of machine to run around grading lots with and pushing a little dirt with...

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 10:38 AM
tthere is the odd one out there with a bucket on though , i drivin one myself with one on .. didn't seem good though it had about 3500 hrs on and it seen about anything you could do with a 100

Junior M
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
tthere is the odd one out there with a bucket on though , i drivin one myself with one on .. didn't seem good though it had about 3500 hrs on and it seen about anything you could do with a 100
Hmm I guess I just never saw the need to have that much power for just a bucket, If I needed that much machine I would get a front loader or a backhoe, JMO, but of course there isnt always room on a job for a physically large machine like a front loader or backhoe, It just all depends on what your doing...

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
but i still think there meant for brush cutting

Junior M
10-29-2008, 11:07 AM
but i still think there meant for brush cutting
Yeah I do to, have you ever been up close to one? They are really heavy built machines, but the cab is really cramped, The one I have looked at had a winch and huge like bumper built on the back of it... it looked so a$$ heavy, like you would go up a hill and it would flip over...

Nel-Martin
10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
yeah , i have ran one . they are nothing too comfertable too cramped in the cab . but they do have a nice ride though 1 thing good about them as well as power :weightlifter:

J. Peterson Grading
10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I would love to have an RC or PT 100. Tons of power for pushing, loading, and rough grading. I might do a bit of brush cutting, but mostly just use it in the dirt.

I would get an Ashland Groundhog for it and work the heck out if it.

I was looking at a used one, but then I bought a new PT 80.

J.

J. Peterson Grading
10-29-2008, 09:26 PM
They also have nice cabs. Are very stable, have a great ride and did I mention you can use them all year. In my area if you have a T320 it gets parked when it snows.

Any machine can catch on fire. Any machine. You just see more ASV burned up due to them being use in forestry. I would musch rather have a Fecon or a purposly built forestry machine rather than a forestry "Packaged" Machine.

J.

SellingIron
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
They have a anti-stale valve on them. And the buckets are small for the machine size. You can't use all of its power becuase of the valve. cat has the same anti-stale issue.

iron peddler
11-05-2008, 05:46 PM
anti-stale? what's that do? keep your lunch fresh?

mrsops
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
anti-stale? what's that do? keep your lunch fresh?

:laugh: anti stall he meant.. Anyhow i myself have demoed that rc30 and i did not like it the only thing nice about it was its ride other then that the cab was uncomfortable it made a horrible clank clank clank noise in the tracks when i was going back and fourth and another thing was it couldn't even load my smallest dump truck it didn't reach high enough

Lazer_Z
11-05-2008, 06:58 PM
:laugh: anti stall he meant.. Anyhow i myself have demoed that rc30 and i did not like it the only thing nice about it was its ride other then that the cab was uncomfortable it made a horrible clank clank clank noise in the tracks when i was going back and fourth and another thing was it couldn't even load my smallest dump truck it didn't reach high enough Your first problem sopsy is that you have all but one boob crap machine in your fleet :laugh: , just messin with ya sops. Seriously, you demoed the "baby" of the line up, why didn't you jump to a larger size machine?

Digdeep
11-05-2008, 07:02 PM
:laugh: anti stall he meant.. Anyhow i myself have demoed that rc30 and i did not like it the only thing nice about it was its ride other then that the cab was uncomfortable it made a horrible clank clank clank noise in the tracks when i was going back and fourth and another thing was it couldn't even load my smallest dump truck it didn't reach high enough

My dealer attended ASVs dealer meeting in early October and said that the PT30 will now have about 102" of lift height compared to the current 80" that it lifts now. It supposedly has new drive bigger drive motors and some other changes that I can't remember. I think it also has a suspension seat now. I've operated the PT30 before and liked its traction, speed, and power but I agree with you on the lift height. The machine I operated didn't make any "clanking" noises though.

mrsops
11-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Your first problem sopsy is that you have all but one boob crap machine in your fleet :laugh: , just messin with ya sops. Seriously, you demoed the "baby" of the line up, why didn't you jump to a larger size machine?

already have the t190 needed something smaller for those tight areas out here :laugh:

mrsops
11-05-2008, 07:05 PM
My dealer attended ASVs dealer meeting in early October and said that the PT30 will now have about 102" of lift height compared to the current 80" that it lifts now. It supposedly has new drive bigger drive motors and some other changes that I can't remember. I think it also has a suspension seat now. I've operated the PT30 before and liked its traction, speed, and power but I agree with you on the lift height. The machine I operated didn't make any "clanking" noises though.

if i remember correctly i could of swore my mt 52 reached just as high as that rc30. I don't know digdeep machine made some funny noises. I felt it was built a little cheap alot of plastic on the machine and it had a cheap front door to.

SellingIron
11-05-2008, 07:12 PM
already have the t190 needed something smaller for those tight areas out here :laugh:

(Stale) OOPS!!! I was rushing things. The RC30 is a great little unit for zero lot line communities. Great for grading in between the houses. Bobcat has a T100 coming out soon that will compete with the RC30. They do have issues with the bearings that run the squirrel cages.. It will cost more.... That RC30 is pretty cheap!!!!!!

mrsops
11-05-2008, 07:16 PM
(Stale) OOPS!!! I was rushing things. The RC30 is a great little unit for zero lot line communities. Great for grading in between the houses. Bobcat has a T100 coming out soon that will compete with the RC30. They do have issues with the bearings that run the squirrel cages.. It will cost more.... That RC30 is pretty cheap!!!!!!

I bought the s70 for those tight areas. But i will take a look at the t100 when ever it comes out

Digdeep
11-05-2008, 07:27 PM
if i remember correctly i could of swore my mt 52 reached just as high as that rc30. I don't know digdeep machine made some funny noises. I felt it was built a little cheap alot of plastic on the machine and it had a cheap front door to.

Nope. Both the 52 and 55 only have a pin height of right around 70". I agree with you on the door, but it wasn't the door that I didn't like it was the door handle. It rattled. I know that they changed the handles to the CAT skid steer handles. They're actually pretty nice now. I guess I just think the PT30 is a nice little machine for tight areas and you don't have to stand on it and you can use it in rain or cold and snowy weather with a heated cab.

mrsops
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Nope. Both the 52 and 55 only have a pin height of right around 70". I agree with you on the door, but it wasn't the door that I didn't like it was the door handle. It rattled. I know that they changed the handles to the CAT skid steer handles. They're actually pretty nice now. I guess I just think the PT30 is a nice little machine for tight areas and you don't have to stand on it and you can use it in rain or cold and snowy weather with a heated cab.

yeah thats why i traded in my mt52 for the s70 alot easier to grade and your sitting in a nice heated cab

Hollowellreid
11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I agree that the RC-30 isn't really built to commercial standard. More of a homeowner grade machine. Rattles, problems, under-engineered parts, etc.

However, there is nothing in this size that will do the work the 30 will do. Will go up crazy slopes, through massive amounts of mud, push and dig, grade, and get some real work done.

The walk behind machines will not dig, excavate, or grade like a real machine. As far as I can tell they are only good as a tool carrier and for moving material and loading a pickup truck. I find that the super small wheeled machines like the NH and Bobcat and older case 1818 were nearly useless once there was any sort of wetness and also proved incredibly unstable, both side to side and in general. We do a lot of work on hilly side slopes.

People always say they need something that will fit through a gate- Usually we are able to just pull down a fence section just as easily, allowing whatever needs to fit through.

The downsides are worth it. Untill we find something that will do the same work we will keep running the RC-30. I'd like to know more about the newer PT-30 that is coming out, as the current one seems nearly exactly the same as the old RC series.

SellingIron
11-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I agree that the RC-30 isn't really built to commercial standard. More of a homeowner grade machine. Rattles, problems, under-engineered parts, etc.

However, there is nothing in this size that will do the work the 30 will do. Will go up crazy slopes, through massive amounts of mud, push and dig, grade, and get some real work done.

The walk behind machines will not dig, excavate, or grade like a real machine. As far as I can tell they are only good as a tool carrier and for moving material and loading a pickup truck. I find that the super small wheeled machines like the NH and Bobcat and older case 1818 were nearly useless once there was any sort of wetness and also proved incredibly unstable, both side to side and in general. We do a lot of work on hilly side slopes.

People always say they need something that will fit through a gate- Usually we are able to just pull down a fence section just as easily, allowing whatever needs to fit through.

The downsides are worth it. Untill we find something that will do the same work we will keep running the RC-30. I'd like to know more about the newer PT-30 that is coming out, as the current one seems nearly exactly the same as the old RC series.

Here are specs for all three..

DiyDave
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Where? Missing link?

SellingIron
11-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Where? Missing link?

OOPS!!!! Here you go everyone. The T100 is going to be built off the S100 frame. It should be out in March 2009. File not going thru..!!!!

Junior M
11-06-2008, 08:16 PM

I can grade with a walkbehind just as well as I can with a regular ctl... you want some proof here are a couple pics of what I can do with a walk behind, I have a couple more if you would like..

SellingIron
11-06-2008, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=jlm335;2591857]I can grade with a walkbehind just as well as I can with a regular ctl... you want some proof here are a couple pics of what I can do with a walk behind, I have a couple more if you would like..[/Q

That is allot of standing time be that good. Nice job. MT52 or 55..

mrsops
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=jlm335;2591857]I can grade with a walkbehind just as well as I can with a regular ctl... you want some proof here are a couple pics of what I can do with a walk behind, I have a couple more if you would like..[/Q

hey sellingiron try and get that file up with the t100

Junior M
11-06-2008, 08:24 PM

I believe that job was back in a July, maybe earlier, not sure, no it wasnt a bobcat walkbehind, thats another piece of bobcat equipment I am not happy with. It was a Boxer, I am not sure what model, I think that took me 2 or 3 hours but if you woulda seen the dirt I moved that was there. You see that pile up infront of the mini ex, that came all the way around and went straight to the deck edge and then I had to cut that area down and move the dirt up to the fence and grade it out. We came back the next week and dug for the retaining wall, and had to dig all that up :wall

mrsops
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=SellingIron;2591864]
I believe that job was back in a July, maybe earlier, not sure, no it wasnt a bobcat walkbehind, thats another piece of bobcat equipment I am not happy with. It was a Boxer, I am not sure what model, I think that took me 2 or 3 hours but if you woulda seen the dirt I moved that was there. You see that pile up infront of the mini ex, that came all the way around and went straight to the deck edge and then I had to cut that area down and move the dirt up to the fence and grade it out. We came back the next week and dug for the retaining wall, and had to dig all that up :wall

jlm may i ask you why your not happy with bobcat equipment 2 months ago when you joined this site you loved bobcat equipment dont let some of these know it all guys on here brain wash you :nono:

SellingIron
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM

What kind of issue did you have with one? (Bobcat). The rollers and tracks could last longer.... Last time I drove a boxer I felt like I was on a spring board. Bouncing around having great ole time...Gas or Diesel... Thx

Junior M
11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=jlm335;2591880]

What kind of issue did you have with one? (Bobcat). The rollers and tracks could last longer.... Last time I drove a boxer I felt like I was on a spring board. Bouncing around having great ole time...Gas or Diesel... Thx
I just didnt like it, I especially didnt like the standing pad, it sucks when back filling and running around in soft dirt like I was on that job and the controls werent my favorite. I like the boxer, the controls and the power is what I like about the boxer, The controls took less effort to push compared to the bobcat and toro. Oh, and it was a gas model with a I believe a 22 or 25 horse kohler on it..

The standing pad thing on the Boxer is bouncy but once you get used to it, its nice, except it beats the crap out of my knee's..

SellingIron
11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=SellingIron;2591894]
I just didnt like it, I especially didnt like the standing pad, it sucks when back filling and running around in soft dirt like I was on that job and the controls werent my favorite. I like the boxer, the controls and the power is what I like about the boxer, The controls took less effort to push compared to the bobcat and toro. Oh, and it was a gas model with a I believe a 22 or 25 horse kohler on it..

The standing pad thing on the Boxer is bouncy but once you get used to it, its nice, except it beats the crap out of my knee's..

LOL!!! Yeah.. The old MT's control were junk....(Two levers) THe newer controls are the way togo... The sulky is weird in soft dirt....

Junior M
11-06-2008, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=jlm335;2591880]

jlm may i ask you why your not happy with bobcat equipment 2 months ago when you joined this site you loved bobcat equipment dont let some of these know it all guys on here brain wash you :nono:
I still like bobcat equipment, I am just not to happy with my dealer and a few pieces of equipment he has given us on rental, and then just some models I am not happy with in general. I'll name the 3 pieces of bobcat equipment I have ran that I am not happy with, the T300 (sucks for trying to grade a yard, you cant make small movements, felt like it had to much track and not enough power), the 430 (sucked all around), and then the walkbehinds. and then of course our guy at bobcat is just kinda being an a-hole because we havent bought a piece of equipment yet, but yet he says he understands why we dont buy a piece? I am not sure what is problem is.

And selling iron the controls I used were the one with the one handle you pushed and pulled to move the machine and then one little stick for the boom and bucket, felt like you were playing with a crappy video game. The controls I like because you get the most feel and are alot easier to use were the four stick controls, two tall sticks in the middle for the tracks, and then one shorter stick on each side of the taller sticks..

SellingIron
11-06-2008, 09:46 PM
If you are getting rental equipment , I know what you are saying. A T300 that is cared for will grade just fine. If you are getting SJC controls and not use to them, nothing but trouble. Try and demo something new from the dealership next time you have a job.

Junior M
11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
If you are getting rental equipment , I know what you are saying. A T300 that is cared for will grade just fine. If you are getting SJC controls and not use to them, nothing but trouble. Try and demo something new from the dealership next time you have a job.
I was a practically new machine, Bill told us it was an ex demo machine, it only had like 148 hours on it, and it was the standard rowing oar controls. And the t300 wasnt hard to grade with just hard to make small turns when back dragging to shape the dirt away from the house. I think it was because the machine had so much track it couldnt slide it very easily..

SellingIron
11-08-2008, 02:08 PM

hey sellingiron try and get that file up with the t100

The file is not available yet. The unit should hit in March now from what I'm hereing. Who knows...The factory is shuting down in Dec.15 to Jan..As soon as there available I will shoot them up.:usflag:

Strawbridge Lawn
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Walk behinds are capable, but there is no way one can out perform an experienced rc-30 driver. Not even close. I wouldn't even bring the argument up as they were not designed against each other in the first place.
I ahve driven both and have 4+ years in a rc-30. Like the rc-30 they have theri sreas of productiveness. My rc-30can't compete with a rc-50 unless the operator is lacking skills.
Those pictures are really cool in displaying what a walk behind can do, but an experieced CTL driver should do it in half the time.

Junior M
11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Walk behinds are capable, but there is no way one can out perform an experienced rc-30 driver. Not even close. I wouldn't even bring the argument up as they were not designed against each other in the first place.
I ahve driven both and have 4+ years in a rc-30. Like the rc-30 they have theri sreas of productiveness. My rc-30can't compete with a rc-50 unless the operator is lacking skills.
Those pictures are really cool in displaying what a walk behind can do, but an experieced CTL driver should do it in half the time.
I doubt it, sorry, there was no way you could've have done that job with a CTL. You could have done it with that rc-30, but never our rented T190, just no room to manuever, and it would have been a bitc# to cut that slope in because it was narrower than the bucket. There was no possible way to get that finished product with a CTL.

J. Peterson Grading
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
JR. read the post before you get definsive. You did do a good job. But an RC30 could have done the same thing. And with a good operator (not Driver) could have done it in less time.

But then again, I would have cheated and used my 4 ft clean up bucket on my excavator and done the same thing. But thats just me.

J.

J.

Junior M
11-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I would've much rather used the excavator but to get to that side of the pool we had to go through a nieghbors yard and the walk behind tore up less than the excavator does..

J. Peterson Grading
11-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Did you have to turn your excavator on the neighbors yard?

J

Junior M
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Did you have to turn your excavator on the neighbors yard?

J
Yeah thats why we decided to use the walkbehind and plus we couldnt reach one whole side of the pool with out putting the excavator in the over dig, but the guy decided to extend the retaining wall so I ended up taking the excavator through the yard anyways :wall

J. Peterson Grading
11-16-2008, 08:36 PM
lol! typical

Junior M
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
lol! typical
Seriously, he couldnt make up his freaking mind for anything, and he was always getting in the way, and when we would say something he would be like "Oh, sorry, I am just trying to figure out what I am going to have you guys dig," I finally told him he would have plenty of time over the weekend when we werent here, and to please get out of my way. It wasnt long after that he came out pissed that I had got mud all over the street loading the walk behind up, I was like hello, sir it just rained, and I was working in loose red clay, and I have no choice but to go through the street to load it to take it back or would you like to pay rental on this machine while it sets here and the mud on it dries? Better yet would you like me to run through your front yard? He didnt know what to say, I just kept going tracking down the street to the trailer :laugh: Freaking homeowners! Oh, and Yeah, I did clean up the big chunks with a shovel, and the rest the next day when it had dried...