PDA

View Full Version : Two trencher crews

Construct'O
10-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Thinking about trying to run to trenching crews ,but!!!!

Need more equipment,imagine that:)got two trenchers,two minis and support equipment,but need another CTL for backfilling.

Need to rent or lease for now.Would wether rent.Will rentals places rent by the hour and not days.Reason for that the machine would be setting quite abit of the time while trenching.So hour wouldn't add up to fast.

Could trenching most of the day then backfill later in the day.Might need it to back fill trench to make my connections.

Any other thoughts? I'm looking at getting 4+1 bucket.Checking Bobcats,with the 0% for 42 months.Only thing is i need to get it done now since two more days and that is gone.Oct. 31 deadline.

Rental palce is 20 miles away and does have a CTL machine.So that is option.Dealers don't have any CTL setting around close and it would have to be a demo machine.

Guess i could check with my Cat dealer,they would have something,but is 2 hour drive away?Plus the never ending rainy season is back,winter on the way.What i'm i thinking,getting more done before winter hits:rolleyes::usflag:

Junior M
10-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Trenching for what?

Construct'O
10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Also would like some thoughts on the Bobcat 4+1 buckets. Ron has given his ,but looking for more thoughts and so fore.

The bolt on edge looks good idea.They say on their website they have extra reinforment on the bottom of bucket.Other options welcome ,but the )% percent interest helps.Dealer is 16 miles away,so that is good.

Ron!!!!!!!!!! how is the tilttac working out for you:confused:Is it tuff enough to use with an 84" bucket?:usflag:

Construct'O
10-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Trenching for what?

I do field drainage tiling(trenching ) for farmers and install a lot of feet of drainage tile.So lots of backfilling.Last job put in 50k feet of tile.:usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Constructo: If you rent, which I think would be a good idea, work out a deal with the rental store that your rental amount paid goes to your down payment if you decide to buy.
I don't know the cost of the bobcat 4/1 bucket......post that and I will do some comparison shopping :)

Gravel Rat
10-30-2008, 01:51 PM
You may have to lease a machine most rental places are day rentals that go off the hour meter you can work the machine for 8 hours once it goes past 8 hours your in the next day rental. It was that way when I worked for a rental shop.

If you lease a machine you will be gauranteed it will be new so if you do want to buy it its a new machine not a beat to h*ll rental.

Construct'O
10-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Well,just got home from work it is dark so was time to quit.

This morning call rental place and they have a Mustang 20 which is an 80 hp machine.Rent $250 a day,680 a week, and 2500 a month.I'm thinking month would be best for me.

Could use it a month,by then thing will be going south afar as winter setting in.Next size down was MTL16,might do the just just slower.2000 a month.How this sound to what some of you guys have paid for rentals??????

Rock not wanting to buy a machine really since just bought a new mini, and 4-wheeler for work.

I'm going to get a 4-1 Bobcat bucket.$4700 out the door.Heavyduty bucket with bolt on cutting edge and teeth.Got to get around early in the morning to get my credit check and sign things.

Up in the air on the rent thing.Need another operator,but got one that can help fpo a while.

Well off to neighbors for supper.Thanks for the replys:usflag:

stuvecorp
10-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Construct'O, those rental rates sound about the same as up here. Sometimes it sucks to pay for rentals but it is a way to get hold of a machine and if work dries up you can send it back and walk away, if you stay busy then keep the machine and maybe end up buying it.

bobcat_ron
10-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Also would like some thoughts on the Bobcat 4+1 buckets. Ron has given his ,but looking for more thoughts and so fore.

The bolt on edge looks good idea.They say on their website they have extra reinforment on the bottom of bucket.Other options welcome ,but the )% percent interest helps.Dealer is 16 miles away,so that is good.

Ron!!!!!!!!!! how is the tilttac working out for you:confused:Is it tuff enough to use with an 84" bucket?:usflag:

There's a dude in town with a T250, and his Tilt-Tach never comes off, so I guess they are tough.

Virnig has a nice combo bucket, minimax has a sweet one too, look for the type that have bolt on edges on the dozer blade part, I do a lot of final scraping and that edge wears fast.
Cat's combo buckets look more like Virnigs, and they look a little beefier.

minimax
10-30-2008, 10:57 PM
$4700 dollars sounds way to high to me.I payed $2500 for a 78" 4 in 1 from deere with the bolt on edge.

minimax

Construct'O
10-30-2008, 11:04 PM
This is a 84" bucket,does your have teeth also?Call the Deere saleman,but no return call must be mad at me:rolleyes:!!!!!

bobcatuser
10-31-2008, 12:36 AM

I have a Bobcat 68" and 80" 4in1. It would be nice to have bolt on edges for all 3 surfaces if it diden't add too much weight. You will be impressed with how versatile the 4in1 is on a CTL.

Junior M
10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Our bobcat dealer here and the one my dad used to work with in Ohio did the rental thing where some of your money went towards the purchase, but the thing was the machine you rented was machine you bought...

Construct'O
10-31-2008, 08:34 AM
The CTL i would rent was new this year,still looked like new.Never thought about trying to buy a rental amchine,but who knows?

The Bobcat 4+1 i priced at two different dealers ,both about 30 miles apart.One in Mo. and the other Ia. They was within 100 dollars of each other.

The dealer in Mo. was a Deere dealer and never offered to try and sell me Deere bucket.They can't sell Deere compact equipment,so they are using Bobcat and they had Gehl for a while but they have disappeared.That might be why he never mentioned a Deere attachment?

The Ia. dealer is New Holland and did comment he liked Bobcat attachments better and was heavy duty.Who know might have been he makes more off Bobcat attachments????

They are a mainline New Holland ag dealers,so you would think they would be able to make more on New Holland?Well need to get to work.:):usflag:

YellowDogSVC
10-31-2008, 09:50 AM

I have a bobcat 4n1. I only have the 60" but it is very useful and overbuilt in my opinion. I think the hinge brackets are HD and though it was made for my smaller machines, I have used it on my s300 and s330 and it has held up well.

I think Bobcat is more expensive than other brands.
Have you looked at the demo-dozer? It's a grapple bucket with extra benefits like dozer blade action. 4n1 is a little clumsy for lifting things with the clamshell but it holds on tight!
I have teeth on my 4n1. It digs very good and can be used to backdrag if you open the clam and tilt the bucket.

I also have a tilt tatch. Very tough. I owned the very first model produced by Bobcat and upgraded 2 years ago to a new one. Better built now. Hose routing is a pain and i modified it so they wouldn't rub. The mechanism is tough enough to cut a ditch in rocky terrain and I also use it to get under stumps. Stronger going forward than backdragging, though. Heavy little thing. For the money it's very useful.