PDA

View Full Version : Lawnsite colour scheme - YUCK!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey LAWNSITE... what is the deal with this new colour scheme? It is really atrocious. It is hard to look at and hard to identify things like viewed threads etc.

Can we please have the old colour scheme back?

Thanks.

Mark B
10-30-2008, 05:05 PM
For once we agree on something. There are about 4 pages over on the irritation forum about the same thing. I hope this will change real soon.

irrig8r
10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
James and all, this was the color scheme over at the Landscape Construction site which was folded into this one recently.

Seems to me traffic over at the other site was pretty light, but I'm not sure if those forums were archived or integrated here or just dropped.

I agree that the color scheme is jarring, but instead of just changing it to something else, a suggestion over in irrigation that Lawnsite might make options available sounds OK.

Some websites that use vBulletin call the color schemes "skins", and might have 3 or more to choose from.

Mark B
10-30-2008, 07:49 PM
They need to do something. I hope the mods/admin are reading this.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
What's that I can't read what you are writing!!! The colour scheme is so bad that my eyes are going to bleed soon! arrrrrrrgh.

BrandonV
10-30-2008, 10:00 PM
don't worry gents, I think they're working on it there has been much discussion about this in the irrigation forum

Mike M
10-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Maybe it's seasonal, and next month it will be

RED & GREEN !!!!!

;)

irrig8r
11-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I followed the suggestions in this thread and now it's all shades of blue.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=251352

Mike M
11-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Holy Lord, Gregg. That thread was too much stuff. And I thought the water guys didn't like getting too technical?

Let's just keep annoying Lawnsite with our complaints until they make it better.

Kiril
11-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Holy Lord, Gregg. That thread was too much stuff. And I thought the water guys didn't like getting too technical?

I'll post it here so you don't have to wade through 40 posts.

Fixed some stuff that has always annoyed me, even if it doesn't look all that great (smiley's blowing out the editor in advanced edit among other things).

Disclaimer: I didn't go through all the CSS code, may need some tweaking, code may not be the cleanest, and some may not like it.

This is for FIREFOX ONLY. If you don't have Firefox, then get it, or proceed at your own risk. I know for a fact that some of the CSS will not work in IE (even without testing), since $soft feels standards compliance is silly and optional.

Here is the easy way to do this.

1) Get and install the extension Stylish.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108

2) In your stylish preferences (get to it via your add-ons/extension list), click on the write button.

3) Use something like "lawnsite.com color replacements" for the description.

4) Copy and paste the following code into the big textarea, and make sure you get all of it:

@-moz-document domain(lawnsite.com){
html, body, .logo, .page{color: #000 !important; background: #76829a !important; font-size: 10pt !important;}

/* FONT & LINK FORMATTING */

div, table, tr, td, ul, dt, li, .tcat, .shade, .tborder, .tcat, .alt1{color:#000 !important; font-size: 10pt !important;}
.smallfont, .smallfontlogin, .time, .smallfont, .smallfontlogin a, .tfoot, .tfoot a, .alt2{color:#000 !important; font-size: 8pt !important;}
.shade{font-weight:bold !important;}
a:link, html>a:link, .menu a:link, td a:link, .tcat_alink{color: #2b4d93 !important;}
a:visited, html>a:visited, td a:visited, .tcat_avisited, .menu a:visited{color: #2b4d93 !important;}
a:hover, html>a:hover, td a:hover, .tcat_ahover, .menu a:hover{color: #58ed66 !important;}
a:active, html>a:active, .tcat a:active, .menu a:active{color: #661ba6 !important;}
.menucell a:hover, .vbmenu_popup a:hover, td.vbmenu_option_alink a:hover, .floatcontainer a:hover, .vbmenu_hilite{background:transparent !important;}

/* TABLE & DIV FORMATTING */

.logo img, .tcat_LHCBAR img[align], .leftmenu, td.leftmenu img, div.leftmenuinner img{visibility: hidden !important; width:0 !important; height:0 !important;}
#AutoNumber1{display:none !important; height: 0px;}
.normal, .last_visitors_list{background: inherit; color: #000;}
td.toplogintopleft, td.toplogintopright, td.toploginleft, td.toploginright, td.toplogincenter{background: #7ec0c6 !important;}
.menuheader{background: #abcfe6 !important;}
.logindiv table{border: inset 2px #661ba6 !important;}
.logindiv table td{background: #abcfe6 !important;}
.slogan{position:absolute; top:0; left:150px;}
.slogan:before{content: "LawnSite.com .... ";}
td.header, .leftmenu, .tfoot{background: #76829a !important;}
.vbmenu_control, td.thead, td.thead div{background: #9a9492 !important;}
td.vbmenu_control, td.vbmenu_option, td.vbmenu_popup, .tborder, .tborder .thead, td.thead, .thead .normal, .vbmenu_popup .thead, #link_bar .thead, .vbmenu_option, .block_title, #visitor_message_counters, td.tcat, .tcat_LHCBAR{background-color: #6478a0 !important;}
.tborder .tcat, .tcat_LHCBAR, #visitor_message_counters{border-top: 1px #000 inset !important; border-bottom: 1px #661ba6 inset !important;}
.tborder>tbody .tcat[width] {border:0 !important;}
td.panelsurround, #link_bar ul, #link_bar li, .vbmenu_popup{background: #93a1bc !important;}
div.alt1, td.alt1, .alt1Active{background: #96a1b8 !important;}
div.alt2, td.alt2, .alt2Active{background: #b7c6e1 !important;}
pre.alt2, .panel fieldset table td[style]{background-color: #d4ddea !important;}
.inlinemod{background: #6478a0 !important;}
.panel{background: #c5d0e7 !important;}
.vBulletin_editor{background: #55617b !important;}
#vB_Editor_001_smiliebox .inlineimg{width: 22px; height: 21px; padding: 1px;}
.button{background: #7bccc2 !important;}
}

irrig8r
11-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks to my friend Gregg, I am now posting in the Irrigation forum! ARrrrrrrgh what will happen next?

I actualy used to be a water wonk... I got my feet wet in irrigation working for who is now my now Father-In-Law way back when. Its a long but fun story. In any case, I wasn't very good with the water thing and after forgetting to clamp down an Oetiker on a main line installed over an underground garage.... well I'm sure you get the idea. I was forced to endure the moniker "Oetiker Boy" and had to wear one on a chain around my neck to remind me to clamp them down! It wasn't long after that Al thought I might like Landscape Lighting more... and look at me now! Thanks Al!

That was an entertaining story James. Can I shorten your nickname to Obie? (for O. B.)

Mike M
11-02-2008, 09:07 AM
James--get out of that irr forum while you still can!! Head for the hills!! Gregg, why didn't you try to stop stop him??

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Perhaps this new, and widely despised, colour scheme is simply a ploy by lawnsite management to boost the number of posts on the forum...

Quick, look away.... before your retinas burst!

stuvecorp
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
This color scheme is very bad, I do not want to view the sections that have this. Please change it. Is the spell check gone too?

TXNSLighting
11-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeh i have stopped visiting these threads alot now.

Mark B
11-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Would someone send me a PM when they change it back?

irrig8r
11-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Here's the weird thing... for some reason, even after I cleaned my cache and deleted all cookies, when I logged on it went back to the new brown shades.

I then tired Kiril's shades of blue, then deleted that scheme (too hard to read blue on blue), the next time I logged on it returned to the original color scheme, and has stayed there... is this just a Firefox phenomenon?

Oh... and the lighting forum returned to original colors, but irrigation stayed brown.

TPnTX
11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Im not kidding or making this up. I had a pair of brownish sunglasses here on the desk. I put them on and bam! It ain't so bad now. Problem solved

Kiril
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
hard to read blue on blue

Do you have a particular example? Are you referring to the links in the table headers?

Kiril
11-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Last code update before uploading to stylish website

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2585917&postcount=55

JimLewis
11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I am with you guys. This color scheme sucks!!! Back with the old one, please!!!!

Kiril
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
color replacements uploaded to userstyles.org. Now you don't have to cut and paste.

http://userstyles.org/styles/11777

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
OK, it has been almost two weeks now since this horrible colour scheme was imposed upon us. Many people have complained and the Mgt. have claimed that they are "working on it".

Really? Could it possibly take two weeks to change a template colour scheme on vBulletin? Something tells me not.

C'mon Lawnsite, how about listening to your loyal customers and making things a bit more attractive and easy to read?

stuvecorp
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
OK, it has been almost two weeks now since this horrible colour scheme was imposed upon us. Many people have complained and the Mgt. have claimed that they are "working on it".

Really? Could it possibly take two weeks to change a template colour scheme on vBulletin? Something tells me not.

C'mon Lawnsite, how about listening to your loyal customers and making things a bit more attractive and easy to read?

What he said.

TXNSLighting
11-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeh this is taking way to long...

JoeyD
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
it is pretty ugly.......

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey Joey, to think that Unique is a sponsor of this ugly looking forum! I mean really... you guys should have some pull here right?

:)

JoeyD
11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I will see what I can do. It is an eye sore. I also dont like how you have to click on that orange banner to open this topic section. Kind of seems like they are tyring to hide us!

Mike M
11-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I will see what I can do. It is an eye sore. I also dont like how you have to click on that orange banner to open this topic section. Kind of seems like they are tyring to hide us!

This made me go up a step to see what you mean, only to find some really weird orange flowery thingies.

I'm wondering if they are brand-building on the Moose River logo. Same colors. Oh yes, look at the main directory: Lawnsite ... powered by Moose River Media.

JoeyD
11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I spoke with Don Woods of LS today and they are working on a change!

Mike M
11-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Okay.

I just went to the main directory and now I see.

Design-build landscapers are orange and brown. Now I understand.