PDA

View Full Version : Ein and DBA problem?

soloscaperman
10-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Will this be affected from not paying a $680 cell phone bill? I really don't care about my personal credit now. Will it affect my score if I want to get a new truck or Mower?

IN2MOWN
10-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Will this be affected from not paying a $680 cell phone bill? I really don't care about my personal credit now. Will it affect my score if I want to get a new truck or Mower?

Your EIN has nothing to do with credit and a DBA is just a way your business is set up for tax purposes.

If you do not pay the bill it will probably go to collections which in turn will affect your score.

dapiccolawn
10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Your EIN has nothing to do with credit and a DBA is just a way your business is set up for tax purposes.

If you do not pay the bill it will probably go to collections which in turn will affect your score.

Actually your EIN(Employer Identification Number) does have to do with your credit, or business credit rather depending on how you're set up. If your business is incorporated, llc. whatever an EIN is like having a social security number. DBA(Doing Business As) just has to do with your legal operating name.

Either way: One of your scores will be affected. Wether or not it is personal or business credit score is up to how you have things setup. And what the cell phone was opened under.

-Dave

IN2MOWN
10-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually your EIN(Employer Identification Number) does have to do with your credit, or business credit rather depending on how you're set up. If your business is incorporated, llc. whatever an EIN is like having a social security number. DBA(Doing Business As) just has to do with your legal operating name.

Either way: One of your scores will be affected. Wether or not it is personal or business credit score is up to how you have things setup. And what the cell phone was opened under.

-Dave

Right. I forgot about all that.

I have to say though that this is the reason I have a dedicated land line that my customers call instead of a cell phone. A $680.00 bill is ridiculous. Never should of gotten that high.

soloscaperman
11-01-2008, 04:35 AM
The cell phone is under my name not business. Didn't use my cell phone as a write off. Just started everything this year

Just that I want a riding mower from Exmark and they ask for either your EIN or if you a homeowner.

I know that if I sign it under homeowner exmark raises the warrranty but your chances are lower for getting an Exmark loan.

With the EIN or DBA they ask for from Exmark I think they don't check your personal credit just your business credit, right???????????????????????????????

CALandscapes
11-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Do you even have an EIN number?

dapiccolawn
11-01-2008, 03:22 PM
The cell phone is under my name not business. Didn't use my cell phone as a write off. Just started everything this year

Just that I want a riding mower from Exmark and they ask for either your EIN or if you a homeowner.

I know that if I sign it under homeowner exmark raises the warrranty but your chances are lower for getting an Exmark loan.

With the EIN or DBA they ask for from Exmark I think they don't check your personal credit just your business credit, right???????????????????????????????

Well it sounds like you are a Sole propreitor, not an incorporation right? That would be the determaining factor if they check business credit as opposed to personal credit I would imagine.-??

I would imagine it's always a good habit to pay your bills either way. And also an exmark is going to cost a heck of a lot more than that cell phone bill.

Good luck with the financing.
-Dave

CNYScapes
11-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Just a little bit of advice, PAY THE BILL. I know you said you are not worried about your personal credit right now, but you will at some point. And you will regret that unpaid phone bill. Forget about any more credit cards, auto loans or mortgages.

CLARK LAWN
11-01-2008, 04:57 PM
being that this is your first year i doubt you have enough business credit yet so they will look at your personal credit. like CNY said PAY THE BILL if nothing else it will get you a lower intrest rate on the loan. If your going to be in this for the long haul you will need to have good credit. i buy all me equipment on 12-18 months same as cash and have it fully paid off be thew time its due. if your going to get new equipment might as well use there money for a while.

johnslandscaping
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I would pay the bill even if you have to make smaller payments to get it paid. This will help you in the long run. everyone at some point in time makes mistakes. Keeping a good credit standing is important. even more now than in past years with banks making loans harder to get due to so many people not paying on them.

soloscaperman
11-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I also tried Cingulars online talk and I told them to reset my password so I can see my bill and why its $680 and the lady said you have to pay your bill first them we can reset your password so you can log online to see your cell phone bill. I said again please give me my password so I can see my cell bill then she goes your not responding so I will close this session and I said im not paying the bill unless I see my detailed charges. She then hangs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That plus there doing to scheme where they make you choose a higher plan, then they erase your high bill then they add it later on. 2 months ago they made a mistake and the guy admitted they charged my nights and weekends and erased the bill but added it back on later!!!!! They lie. Don't go for cingular guys.

johnslandscaping
11-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I had four phones with them and they railed me too but if you dont pay the bill it will make it harder to get another provider. go to the store where you got the phone and see if they can show you the detailed bill? maybe this will be better than over the phone bs. I had to go to the store every month untill I could cancel my contract. Now Im with nextel/sprint much better service atleast in my area. It was funny last year they were on the news and in the paper a bunch of people were mad about the same thing. what a joke. Good Luck.