PDA

View Full Version : Fix this yard!!

bajaboy1
10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Read this on another forum, really bad day.

"I have had a horrible thing happen to my yard. It was vandalized Saturday night. My husband and I are at a loss as to what else to do. SOMEONE (we don't know who) wrapped our yard with toilet paper, smashed eggs and bananas all over the front yard... then, the topper... and the death of our beautiful lawn: they dumped an entire box of laundry soap with bleach all over the yard and in the flower beds. We got up as much as we could to no avail. The grass was dead in no time. We live in Texas and have the St. Augustine grass. I understand it's hardy - but not under these conditions. Our neighbor, who knows ALOT about yard care has been helping me flood the yard... hopefully ridding it of the soap. We don't know what else we can do.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated".

Then they found the punks had spread beans all over and they were sprouting! That's a bad day.

JDUtah
11-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Are you asking for advice or just sharing someones misfortune?

If advice...
Leaching it out is what I would do too.

If sharing misfortune...
Are you going to forward my words of encouragement to the victim? :)

Either way.. that does suck. Either they ticked someone off, or put a bad political sign in their yard... at least you would hope it isn't random... :hammerhead:

RAlmaroad
11-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Back a few years ago when I was spreading granular fertilizer, the pin in the Lesco spreader came out and before I could find a way to shut off the drop holes; a lot of fertilize came out. I ran a long extension cord and vacuumed it with the shop vac (Now inverters are available for lighters on Trucks and Cars). Of course I got a lot of soil but ALSO the fertilizer--the yard showed no harm whatsoever. You could have gotten a lot of the bleach and soap up but agreed the flooding of the soap (Phosphate would have not harmed it that much) but the bleach did the harm. You're lucky in that they did not spell some filthy four letter word that rhymes with luck.

bajaboy1
11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Just sharing someones bad day. Nothing bad meant from it, just showing what a-holes are out there.

poolboy
11-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Go buy several gallons of Medina Has To Grow and start soaking the affected areas. You may need to do this several time to break down the chemicals from the soap. Sugar Land TX used this product to break down the the saltwater that was left after a hurricane years ago. It would also help to top dress the lawn with compost.

poolboy
11-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Opps, didn't read the whole post. But the advise will work.

d&r landscape
11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
man that is horrible.......(revenge maybe?) anyway.........people suck