PDA

View Full Version : New ride

Scag48
10-31-2008, 11:08 PM
One of these will be my winter chariot, I start as soon as it snows. We have one PB "Edge" Park Bully and an older PB240D, the rest are Bombardier BR350's and some newer Prinoths, which now owns Bombardier. Same machine, but with Cat diesels I'm told. My buddy who runs one got the new kitty last year, he says it's a beast. Can't wait. We work 4 10's, it's a long, grave shift, but it'll be a blast. I get a free season pass and I'll be skiing my ass off this year.

These machines are wild, I've ridden along a couple times. They'll do 12 MPH very easy and will push a wad of snow, I think the newer models are pushing 400 horses. We have 1 winch cat as well, that should be interesting to see how that works out. Pretty stoked to get this rolling, calling for snow next week.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/WalterProperty006.jpg

J. Peterson Grading
10-31-2008, 11:15 PM
I have ALWAYS!!! wanted to run one of those.. They are so bad AZZ!!!!!!

J.

Scag48
10-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah it's been one of those things I've wanted to do for a long time, finally told myself I was going to do it this year. Best part is that I have winter work every year unless I screw something up terribly this year and get canned. I'll be avoiding that, everyone I've talked to who has done this loves it regardless of the crappy hours and says it's addicting beyond all belief.

As long as I don't toast one of these machines I'll be alright. I think the cost for a new one is right around $450K now, I know they were about $350K 6-7 years ago.

stuvecorp
10-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds sweet, Scag. They cost that much? Scary.

Scag48
10-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I could be high on my estimation of price, but they're at least $300K I can say that much. They are incredibly technical machines, the tillers are way awesome. They run a 10 way blade, the wings fold in and you can adjust the pitch of the blade, so it's a little more adjustable than a 6 way on a dozer. Just youtube snow groomer, snowcat, Pisten Bully, or Bombardier and you'll see what they can do.

ccstrebe
10-31-2008, 11:45 PM
What is that half pipe thing?

coopers
11-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Scag congrats! That would be a blast. Those crappy hours are my bread and butter hours! Love 'em. Snoqualmie I'm guessing?? It should start dumping very soon.

Gravel Rat
11-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Scag is right on the prices of the trail grooming machines, a recreational area here has a trail groomer like the red one in Scags picture. Its a year old the machine is very expensive. They do a good job thou.

KTM
11-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Prinoth just bought out the groomer divison of Bombardier, Bombardier is A huge company.

KTM
11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I know some guys that volunteer to groom snowmobile trails. They bring beer along and stop at bars, I think they have more fun grooming than riding there sleds.

bobcat_ron
11-01-2008, 11:31 AM
A Cranberry grower here has 2 of them, for grooming the fields before planting, talk about floating.

Scag48
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Prinoth just bought out the groomer divison of Bombardier, Bombardier is A huge company.

You're right, that's what I meant. I was going to edit that they bought the groomer division but it went past 10 minutes.

Pisten Bully, the red beast, are the leader in Europe bar none. Whistler/Blackcomb runs only PB's and they have close to 70 or 80 I would imagine. One of the shops on Blackcomb had at least 30 sitting outside last time I was there.

The half pipe shaped deal I'm not 100% sure what that is. We have a pipe dragon for cutting and shaping the halfpipe, so I'm not totally sure what that is. It's probably a rail for the terrain park, flip it over and you'd ride up and over, that's my best guess.