PDA

View Full Version : Review and advise my bid

Armadillolawncare
11-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I am bidding a 4 building condo association that asked for a bid to power wash all cement sidewalks and stained cement pool areas. The total area is approximately 45,000 sq ft. They also want us to bid power washing away insect debris from the building walls on each of three stories. This debris consists of primarily cobwebs and would be spot washing as needed. There are no oil stains or gum to be removed. All dirty sidewalks are primarily dirt stains from foot traffic. There is a spigot available at each building on first level only, so I would have to run a hose from the first floor up to the second and third floors. This is my first power washing job and I am not sure if running hoses up three levels would have an effect. I plan on renting a cold water power washer and surface cleaner.

I am estimating 3 days of work.
I am planning on charging .13 per foot for a total of $5850.00
For the spot washing of insect debris as needed on walls I am going to add 200 per building.
Total cost for the entire bid would be $6650.00

Any advice on my pricing or equipment would be appreciated.

yard_smart
11-02-2008, 05:22 PM
no offense but if i was you i would pass on this or sub it to an actually company that has the equipment to do this, you are not set up for this and are just asking for head aches

Armadillolawncare
11-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I appreciate the advise. I may very well consider doing that. I would want to sub it out so I still could use some advise on the pricing of it. As I research pricing I see it all over the board. I see .04 per foot to .15 per foot for concrete work. Can anybody narrow this down for me?

yard_smart
11-03-2008, 01:07 AM
i would go .08 sq/ft on the concrete and sub it out for .065

are the buildings vinyl siding ?

where are you in texas i know a couple contractors down there that i could refer you to

Armadillolawncare
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
DJ
Thanks for the response. I submitted the bid and am now waiting for a response. If I get the job then I may ask for your referrals. Your response with advice on pricing was really what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.