PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do credit/debit only

Smitty58
11-01-2008, 01:28 PM
We are considering going to payment method of credit or debit only. We would set up clients so that we could debit there account after each cut.
It is getting tougher to run a business when you have to wait for weeks to get paid. If we can do this we can get paid the same day we do the job which of course would be great. Has anyone done this and what are the obstacles if any you have experienced?

Gecko Lawns
11-04-2008, 03:29 AM
I have about 75% of my customers pay me the same day I mow.
I have some set up on a weekly auto Bank Deposit and others pay via internet banking on the day.
I also send a mass text to let the customers know I will be around the next day and to leave payment out.
This works out really well for me and gives me a good cash flow.
I also find it is a good idea to get onto slow payers ASPA so they know you wont let it slide.

Team-Green L&L
11-04-2008, 03:34 AM
We adopted a credit/debit guarantee on all recurring accounts in 2007. We lost a few accounts, but it was well worth it in the end. Since then we have picked up new accounts to replace those and budgeting is much more authentic.

Plus, with the housing crunch, bankruptcies are getting out of control.

shepoutside
11-04-2008, 06:15 AM
This is how we operate the Mow 'n go division. Works very well, and most of my customers prefer this method too, as they are commuters to the big city, and never home. For those that rather pay cash/chq, they can do so by paying one month ahead. Only drawback is the wife needs to spend 30 min's a day on the books, but is so great for cash-flow.

Smitty58
11-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks, so how do you go about setting this up? I already accept credit cards but don't know about how to do all customers everytime this way. Does Quickbooks have something to simplify this process?