PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Full Time Job in Michigan

buster9900
11-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I am looking for a full time job in Michigan. I am currently living in New York and my wife and daughter just moved back to Marysville, MI (30-35 miles north of Detroit) where we just bought a house.(Could not pass up the deal ) We have been away for 2 years and living in New York was not for us. We wanted to move back home and raise our daughter in a community that we love. I am currently a sales rep for a commercial equipment distributor for the last year; I have also sold fertilizer, pesticides and grass seed for another company and prior to being in sales I had worked on golf course grounds for over 18 years. I was the golf course superintendent at St. Clair River Country Club in St. Clair, MI. I have an associateís degree in ornamental horticulture specializing in turf grass management. I am also very knowledgeable in irrigation systems (repair, installation and design). If you are looking for a hard working, dedicated , not afraid of long hours and always on time employee then give call me at (917) 699-7391 or e-mail me at c.hyman@juno.com so that I can send you my resume.

d&rlawncare
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Good luck in your job hunting and welcome back to MI.

ein999
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM
you might have a lot better luck if you are more centrally located like 20 miles west and 20 miles south should put you in oakland county area which is where the heart of the work is at in michigan. Or if you dont mind driving then start looking in the tri county area for work. Macomb, wayne, oakland, and livingston county would be a good start. Im giving i a few pointers to get you started on the right step. Theres work where you are yet there should be more work in the lower west reigions being that they are more heavily populated.

Good luck.

Im soryy i just reread your post looks like you already lived here and are familiar with the areas. I misread and thought you were a newbie.

Good luck again.

Grassmechanic
12-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Yep. Good luck as well. I can't for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want to come to Michigan. Yeah, there is a LOT of property for sale here at great prices, but there are no jobs. Everytime a shop closes, more pickup trucks and trailers appear. SE Mi is over-saturated with lawn care/tree/irrigation companies.