PDA

View Full Version : New Bobcat Motor Grader

Dirtman2007
11-01-2008, 10:38 PM
What they heck is this?!!

Bobcat ron spending too much time in the garage?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefRKAg1JSWcAN6CjzbkF/SIG=12i574ktl/EXP=1225675722/**http%3A//www.minimightpatrol.com/Pictures/Bobcat%2520Painted.JPG

Heres a video of it

http://www.minimightpatrol.com/Video.htm

Jerry Lee
11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
that is the Narliest attachment i have ever seen!! wow what a behemeth!

bobcat_ron
11-01-2008, 11:18 PM
meh, it's been around for a while, nothing too special.

P.Services
11-01-2008, 11:24 PM
whast the price of scrap iron these days???

thats about what the hole package is worth.

bobcat_ron
11-01-2008, 11:30 PM
The only advantages you have is better control of the blade, it uses a constant flow from the skid steer, versus the intermittent flow from the attachment control packages and you can see better, other than that, it sucks donkey ass.

Dirtman2007
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
meh, it's been around for a while, nothing too special.

Really? I've never seen one before. I still rather use a regular motor grader. Probably cost less than the attachment and skid steer.

RockSet N' Grade
11-02-2008, 12:57 AM
I have spent alot of time looking at all sorts of precision graders........the bobcat set up may be ok for some, but the deeper you go - you will probably want to end up with something like this: www.lasergrader.com Been looking at picking up a used one that is in California......

Dirt Digger2
11-02-2008, 02:54 AM
i could do more with a dozer for probably half the cost

coopers
11-02-2008, 04:12 AM
That's stupid!

Gravel Rat
11-02-2008, 04:31 AM
Your not going to get a accurate grade with that because it is too short.

You could buy a used Champion 740 with screaming detroit power for less than that attachment :laugh:

Construct'O
11-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I have spent alot of time looking at all sorts of precision graders........the bobcat set up may be ok for some, but the deeper you go - you will probably want to end up with something like this: www.lasergrader.com Been looking at picking up a used one that is in California......

I like the box scraper idea better then grader.You can windrow dirt ,but as far a carrying dirt any distance it won't work the best.Let say your working an area that is fairly long.Got low spots here and there.

With the box scraper you can carry some dirt with out it running around the end of the blade as with the grader.If you get everything with in a few tenths whole area then the grader would be faster.But the extra time you spend gettting things that close then time running with grader then you could have done it with the box scraper with fewer passes.

Just my thoughts:usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Constructo......I agree with that, and in my final analysis for what I do, the levelbest or hitchdoc laser grading system will do me just fine.

stuvecorp
11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Fabco had some sitting in the corner of the yard, never heard or saw one out working. It just looks clumsy to use.

GradeMan
11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice toy for someone with more money than brains.... Wouldn't that take for ever to spread a tandem load of crush...LOL

ksss
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
CAT has been marketing them here as well. I have never seen one in the field. My thoughts are the same as everyone elses. Complete waste of time and money. I am sure they are not flying off the shelves.

Junior M
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
CAT has been marketing them here as well. I have never seen one in the field. My thoughts are the same as everyone elses. Complete waste of time and money. I am sure they are not flying off the shelves.
I have seen them at the CAT dealer here to...

bobcatuser
11-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Nice toy for someone with more money than brains.... Wouldn't that take for ever to spread a tandem load of crush...LOL

It would work perfect for any government make work project.:canadaflag:

mverick
11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Think small,

Culdesac

Grading a yard level

Baseball fields between bases

Driveways

With the smaller ones. The big one doesn't make much sense to me.

Got one, save me around 1 yd of concrete on every driveway. Oh, i also don't have 3 guy's there to comealong it to grade with string.

For concrete work. The small ones are great.

Not into this one though.

ksss
12-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Think small,

Culdesac

Grading a yard level

Baseball fields between bases

Driveways

With the smaller ones. The big one doesn't make much sense to me.

Got one, save me around 1 yd of concrete on every driveway. Oh, i also don't have 3 guy's there to comealong it to grade with string.

For concrete work. The small ones are great.

Not into this one though.

I agree the smaller graders have a place. I have been trying to pick up a used PSI grader. There was one on the RB sale in Bozeman 800 hours on it and it sold for 42k. That was a lot of money but still better than the 60K Wheeler CAT wants for a used on with 200 hours on it. Amazing what they sell for. I will find one for what I am will to pay some day (maybe).

RockSet N' Grade
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
There is a used little grader down the road from me for $4,800. It's not pretty, but I am going to look at it today or tomorrow.