PDA

View Full Version : Tree Installation Prices

M and S Lawn Care
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey all. Just got a call from a guy who wants his 300' property edge lined with ~6' pines. I'm thinking stagger them and leave about 10 linear feet in between each tree, that would come to about 10-15 pines. Maybe offset them about 6-8 feet or so.

I've done trees before, but never more than 2 or 3. I'm not going to dig all these by hand, so I'd likely rent a bobcat with a tree spade for digging the holes.

Any guidelines for pricing or bidding this job? To be honest I haven't even seen the yard yet, but I want to be prepared when I talk to him. I'm also not sure what trees cost here in SE MI.

Anyone done jobs like this before?

treeman06
11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
when we do bigger plant jobs like this, if we have a loader and tree scoop we average about two or three trees per hour. Remember to figure some good planting soil, and price of tree stakes if you are going to use them. Hope this helps.

P.Services
11-03-2008, 10:16 PM
also remember to include repair to the lawn and stakes and mulch and watering bags for the trees. Also dont forget about the cost to haul away dirt that is extra. make your warranty or lack there of very clear to the home owner.