PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers on Seasonal Homes

yourmove
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
I am planning on some distribution of door hangers in an area with a quantity of seasonal homes. . . Knowing which are seasonal is difficult . . . Do you think some owners may not be happy with a door hanger dangling from their knob if no one is there to remove it?

I would not want my home having an advertisement on the door, as if to suggest there is nobody around to remove it. I know that some criminals may see a door hanger not removed as being a vacant home.

What do you think?

rockymtnmf
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I would not want my home having an advertisement on the door, as if to suggest there is nobody around to remove it. I know that some criminals may see a door hanger not removed as being a vacant home.

I believe you answered your own question.

I would mail to the seasonal homes. Chances are they have their mail forwarded somewhere. On the card you could indicate "lawn care for your SUMMER HOME" or something like that.

just my opinion.

yourmove
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes, I understand that . . . but I do have door hangers and a large quantity of year round homes.

I need to target these homes with the door hangers now and do not want to upset the seasonal folks . . . I guess I may be trying to guess which homes to hang and which ones to not.

I do not want to miss opportunity by avoiding this target area.

NewHorizon's Land
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Ride around before you hang. know where the cars are parked. Also go back by in a few days and if one is still hanging then take it off

yourmove
11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Good idea, Thanks.