PDA

View Full Version : Door hangars...who makes yours and how much?

augs dad
02-14-2002, 05:09 AM
Door hangars seem to be the way to go based on your comments. Do you use a commercial printer and what are the costs? Haven't checkd out Office Max to see if they sell blank door hangar paper...even if they do there's something more professional looking about commercal printing verus an office jet printer no matter how good it is....thanks much

Gary in PA

gogetter
02-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Sorry to piggyback on your post Gary, but I was just getting ready to ask a question about door hangers too.
Does anyone knows where to get larger door hangers then what NEBS offers?
I like the idea of the tear off biz card at the bottom, but the overall size of the hanger is very small and will really limit what can be put on it.
Anyone?

LawnLad
02-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Look up printers in your phone book and find a printer you like and want to work with. I think a good printer is almost as valuable as your attorney or accountant.

They will print whatever you want. A good one will tell you how to maximize the various sizes of paper that are commercially available so you don't waste product. Obviously two sided printing is more expensive than having just one side, each color adds cost. Add cutting, add perferating for business cards, etc. However you lay out the piece... they should price it for you before hand. The more pieces you print, the cost will lower per unit.

A good graphic designer (if the printer doesn't offer this service) can help to guide you through some of the costly land mines that exist with printing.

I've been working with the same printer now for over 10 years, and the benefits are worth while. He can make you look like a million bucks!

walker-talker
02-14-2002, 11:59 AM
gogetter,

Do a serch for "big bang door hangers" then read the post and you will find a website. I checked them out, but too costly. You have to purchase 25,000 for nearly $2000. That comes to .08 each, which might be comparable to the ones that Nebs have to offer, but that $2000 is a killer! It would take me AT LEAST 5 years to use that many, by then you might have more services available or worse yet, your telephone number might be different....lol Good luck!

MATT

lamblawnscaping
02-14-2002, 12:52 PM
Just bought my first set of door hangers last week. Paid $520 for 5,000. I shopped the price and this was the best I could get. They are the half the size of an 8.5"x11" sheet of card stock. I had the bottom perforated so it can be torn off as a business card, however it is slightly bigger than a traditional business card (4.25 wide as opposed to 3.5). After ordering them I thought of having a dotted line printed vertically that could be cut with a pair of scissors to make it exactly as big as a business card, maybe next time. Anyway both sides were two color, and I had coupons (with expiration dates around the beginning of the season) printed on the back (above the perforation), and a full listing of our services on the back (below the perforation) of the business card. Alot more expensive than flyers, but I think they will give us more credibility, even before I talk to potential customers.

gogetter
02-14-2002, 03:27 PM
An answer to my own question, for those interested in larger hangers:

http://www.door-hangers-direct.com/

stslawncare
02-14-2002, 04:12 PM
i made my own door hangers, they look great to. use ur software to its highest capability, make some kick butt designs and word art etc etc. make it look just as professional as the printers, how u think they do it? my expenses, a little bit of ink, and some paper. can use some of the really good paper, can use regular, can use high quality ink, can use draft quality. either way ur not paying for the service and therefore alot less cheaper.

lamblawnscaping
02-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info on door-hangers-direct.com gogetter, I think I will be ordering my next batch from those guys. They seem to be a good bit cheaper, the paper is not quite as heavy though.

LoneStarLawn
02-14-2002, 05:19 PM
They are the company that we use for our door hangers.

Bob Minney
02-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Also go to www.zapcopaper.com for door hangers. I have my printer run my main spring flyer that I order 5,000 of, too much for my epson. I print all my own short run (100 - 1,000) flyers and door hangers that I use to pick up extra season work as needed.