PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio * Leadman Lawn Care Needed Date:11-03-2008

trey_bernhardt
11-04-2008, 08:39 AM
BMW Lawn Tree & Yard Care of San Antonio is seeking a bi-lingual lead man (crew chief) for a Lawn Care Crew, must speak fluent English. All employees must be legal to work in the USA with necessary documents (Social Security * Green Card). Must be capable to direct a crew, teach good and safe work habits, exhibit skills in lawn care. Texas Drivers License required. * All employees are Drug Tested. Starting Hourly Rate: $8.55 per hour. Experienced lawn & tree service workers also needed & must meet all company requirements. Starting Hourly rate is $7.55 per hour.
Contact: Trey Bernhardt * BMW Lawn Tree & Yard Care * 210- 379-7569.

good

NewHorizon's Land
11-04-2008, 02:03 PM
You are only starting a Crew Leader at $8.55. Not sure what the cost of living there is but that is starting wages for a crew member with little experience here.

TPendagast
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
a BI-LINGUAL crew chief??? you'll never get one for less than $15 and decent one is worth $18.

A Bi lingual guy could make more at McDonalds.

Most places are willing to add $2 an hour at least if the employee is bilingual english spanish.

In Landscaping a Bi Lingual guy with crew cheif capability is worth $6-10 over base pay.

trey_bernhardt
11-05-2008, 08:49 AM
This is San Antonio & our wages are in line with others in our area. Here we all have to speak some Spanish, even I do. But to have a bilingual here means they need to also must speak good English. My wife and kids are total bilingual. My 11 year old son likes to ride with me on Saturdays as I check on crews, he speaks Spanish to customers & crew members as I direct him. I do pay my experienced hands more money but nowhere like you do. I wish I could pay more, but our economy here has been suffering. Thanks for your comments!
God bless!

Trey Bernhardt
BMW Lawn Tree & Yard Care of San Antonio
210-379-7569!

TPendagast
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Everyones economy is suffering, but that doesnt mean you can pay a Bilingual crew chief 8.55 per hour.
A suffering economy doesnt mean screw over your paid help so you can keep more for yourself either.
No one with the qualifications you are looking for will bother to accept a payrate that unemployment insurance is going to beat.

for 8.55 per hour you can finda high school kid, with no expereince, an attitude and thinks his memorization of the taco bell menu counts as spanish vocabulary.

txgrassguy
11-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Good luck finding some one, particularly at $8.55/hr.
My operation is located forty miles west of Austin and I cannot find anyone worthwhile for less than $11.50/hr to start.

punt66
11-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Holy cow! What a difference in markets. Landscape companys start no experience teenagers at $10. An experienced crew leader $16 min.