PDA

View Full Version : ok... first pricing question of the season

csl
11-04-2008, 01:28 PM
hey, we installed lights last year and did pretty well. mostly did them for houses we do construction for. this year we are really broadening our market, but i need some more pricing help. last year we didnt charge as much, just because of existing customer discounts, but i need an average on what people are getting on a per foot install. i have have done enough installs to factor in roof lines, timers, decor., etc. but i dont have a figure nailed down yet. and please dont tell me to take the price of the lights and then figure out how much i want to make. i am just looking for an average price. i am havving a tough time getting pricing out of aother companies this year too, dont know if people stopped doing them or what. any help is appreciated. thanks.

hotrod1965
11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
This is discussed here several times if you search for it.

It's hard to give you a straight answer because there are alot of variables involved such as how you set up your company. But on average, to put up and take down C9 strands that you make from a spool, you want to be around $3 per foot for an average roof.

turf hokie
11-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Depends on your area also, Hotrod in Michigan says 3 I say no less than 5 but then again I keep getting loballed by some competetitors so it is like anything else. Where do you want to be in the market, and what will your market bear. We provide superior service and product for a premium price.

hotrod1965
11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I am at the top of the price scale here. It's also about the housing design as well. We just put up 130 feet on a 2.5 story house in two hours, it will take maybe an hour to pull down. So we are over $100 per hour. All LED so the odds in our favor of having no call backs.

It's also about the products. We are all LED, and not the garbage you buy at big box stores, but there is still a limit on what people are willing to pay for a superior product.

csl
11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah we are around $3.50 this year, and we do a 25% discount for repeat customers. the only reason i really want to know about what other poeple are charging, is because so many people have stopped installing them. our local supplier doesnt even carry lights, you have to put in orders now. two years ago we could walk in and buy anything we wanted. thanks for the help.