PDA

View Full Version : Rear scarifier for ASV's

bobcat_ron
11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Found this from the Auzzie side of the globe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmNNYVvfrCk

It should really be mounted higher, but what ever, the one my Dad had on his 943 Bobcat made it an animal.

P.Services
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
i like it!!!! i would like to see it raise up more so it wouldnt catch and hang me up though. i have though about having one fabed up before because it would act as a bumper also.

i want to get a hd bumper like the supertracks have and then get a hydro winch, i just have to find a supplier of those winches.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing, the one my Dad used was mounted to the outside of the fame and it was as high as the angle of departure was, this ASV is too low and I would imagine the main pins are a bugger to grease under the machine.

P.Services
11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
thats cool that it can lift the machine. it would make changing out tracks a little easier

Dirtman2007
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know about that. I think My skid steer would destroy that in no time. Plus I picture my self getting hung up on a tree stump and ripping the darn thing off. I much rather have a good 4 in 1 bucket with a good set of teeth.

J. Peterson Grading
11-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I saw that awhile ago. I have tried to find out if there is or can be one for my PT 80. We just got a large job done where one would have been real handy.

If I had one I would take the shanks out untill I needed them, use it as more of a bumper.

J.

Digdeep
11-04-2008, 09:53 PM
The company here in Wisconsin that makes the Nortec landscape rakes was traveling around the state with one attached to a RC60 doing demos. I think he may make them under license for the company in Australia. I looked it over pretty good and the rippers come out easily (wedge style design) and can be stored in the up position so there is only about a 1" loss in ground clearance. The whole thing is attached to the frame of the machine so I doubt they would rip up the machine. Supposedly the agreement only allows him to sell them to ASV dealers or owners. They wouldn't fit on a skid steer anyway. How would you open the rear door on a skid steer with the cylinder in the way? He said they had models available for all machines from the RC30 to the RC100.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2008, 10:02 PM
The company here in Wisconsin that makes the Nortec landscape rakes was traveling around the state with one attached to a RC60 doing demos. I think he may make them under license for the company in Australia. I looked it over pretty good and the rippers come out easily (wedge style design) and can be stored in the up position so there is only about a 1" loss in ground clearance. The whole thing is attached to the frame of the machine so I doubt they would rip up the machine. Supposedly the agreement only allows him to sell them to ASV dealers or owners. They wouldn't fit on a skid steer anyway. How would you open the rear door on a skid steer with the cylinder in the way? He said they had models available for all machines from the RC30 to the RC100.

Those rear doors pivot up don't they? Or are they a swing out door?
I remember the fun of lowering the scarifier on my old man's Bobcat when the battery died in the winter, and the damn thing was still up, grab the old Mustang 930A and put some weight on it boy!

minimax
11-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Picasso,GR MTG. has a rear winch bumper for thr CT332

http://www.grmfg.com/SkidSteerCompactTrackLoader.htm
minimax