PDA

View Full Version : Dead LAWN!!!

Not the green thumb guy
11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if there is anyone in the Charlotte area that knows when to seed for the winter and if I need to get it plugged or whatever you do to it. It is brown and dying faster everyday now that it has gotten colder. I also have weeds in my flowerbeds and would like to kill everything in there except the bushes. Anyone know what I can use? Thanks in advance.:usflag:

JDUtah
11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Is it dieing or going dormant? Hire a lawn guy.

Kiril
11-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I think it is safe to say your past the time for seeding.

Whitey4
11-08-2008, 03:05 AM
It is also safe to say that people that want a nice lawn and don't even know what kind of turf they have aren't EVER going to have a nice looking lawn.

You either need to hire a pro, or get off your butt and learn something about turf. You won't get any magic answers here until you have some clue as to what you have already. Zoysia will go tan in the winter... is it a zoysia lawn?

There is a reason you don't have a green thumb....

muddstopper
11-09-2008, 12:23 PM
My guess is its Centepede or Bremuda, altho Zoysia is a possibility. At anyrate, its definately not a typical cool season lawn or it wouldnt be going dormant. If you want the lawn to be green all winter, overseed with annual ryegrass, its not to late for do this. The annual rye will dieout around the end of may or first of june, just in time for your warm season grass to start greening up. It is to late to convert your lawn to a cool season grass varity because you will never kill off the dormant warm season grass this time of year.