PDA

View Full Version : Man Basket

BrandonV
11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
gentlemen, I need a man basket for my telehandler. must be OSHA approved and be able to lift two men and maybe some stuff up. also need a removable front or a gate. basically we have about 1/4 mile of work to do about 25' up and we only have about 2' of ground between the edge of the wall and a 8' high fence... guess where we're working.

xcopterdoc
11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Might check the big rental companies. I know the co I used to work for rented them out quite a lot. You won't find one with a removeable front or gate. All OSHA approved baskets have full enclosure, toe kick panels and a self closing gate. Depending on the situation, you may be better of with a 4x4 40ft boom lift. That way the two guys in the basket can put it where they want it and you won't be tying up yur shooter.

salopez
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
protech makes one.
pm me for site

Gravel Rat
11-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I think you would be better off with a man lift. A friend of mine works at a mine he said they have a man bucket for their Cat zoom boom forklift and he said its scary riding in the man bucket. You need a person that is really smooth on the hydraulics or the guys will be going for a wild ride.