PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Cargill...

Midstate Lawncare
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Has anyone used compost from cargill meat solutions in Beardstown, IL?
If you have, what do you think?

JDUtah
11-07-2008, 12:38 AM
meat company? I bet it's got some N...

growingdeeprootsorganicly
11-07-2008, 07:08 AM
midstate,

do they have a website? little more info would be useful..
never heard of meat compost before....i seen meat meal based ferts but not compost

marquis de sod
11-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I have not used it personally yet but have it from reliable sources that it is good quality and they can provide analysis results. I believe the pricing was $30 a ton. I don't know what that would translate into for cubic yards.

treegal1
11-08-2008, 07:20 PM
good stuff, I have never used it myself, but have worked with an lco that says its great, a little hot in the N side but makes great grass. and the have a test sample report that is 6 pages, and current. its not only meat its all things used or recycled.

Midstate Lawncare
11-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I have been mowing their beardstown facility for two years now, (i work part-time for another lco who has the mowing contract) and they (cargill) use it alot around their facility. They used it in a crabapple tree hole when they planted it in june... it threw flowers in octber... wow a confused tree!(I'll try to post pics) I have just never read anything from anyone who has used it in "organic lawn care". Thank you for you replies, and I look forward to more. I will keep you posted on anything I find out.