PDA

View Full Version : Biz Cards-short&sweet or........

Twotoros
02-14-2002, 09:30 PM
....packed with info. I am doing a new one and it will list mowing,aeration,fertilizing and then-'plus other maintenance services' and of course the regular name, phone etc.

I just hate to pack it full.

How do yours stack up? Short or long winded.
Also do you do them yourself on the pc or have them printed?
I like the printers better.

roscioli
02-14-2002, 09:35 PM
Short. I did the "print it myself" way, and it just didnt stack up to the printer's version. You cant beat the ink that actually sticks up from the page, and you cant get that with a regular ol $50 inkjet printer.

sid
02-14-2002, 09:48 PM
http://www.printingforless.com/

These look like a deal.

walker-talker
02-15-2002, 02:58 AM
For no more cards that I print out, I would print them myself. I paid in the neighborhood of $35 for 500 cards. I have changed my name and added more services, those cards are useless to me now. I printed my own and they look much sweeter. Added color and just felt like I had more control over what I wanted. I stuck mine to magnets and laminated them. All of my paying customers get one (they stick on fridge and use your service next season). Those cost me about $1 each, but will last a long time.

MATT

65hoss
02-15-2002, 03:54 AM
My business cards are color, high gloss, with raised lettering. I have company name and logo on top. My name on them. Lawn maintenance, core aeration, fescue seeding, etc. Then my mobile and office #'s.

I had them done by a print shop that I knew them. Got 1000 printed, but the guy didn't like how the texture came out. They were perfect I thought. So they gave me those and had them re-run. Second batch came out like the 1st. He gave me them also. He had them done a 3rd time and they were like he wanted them. To me, it was really no difference. When it was finally done, I got 3000 cards for $43. I've been using those cards since the spring of 2000 and see no end in sight. :)

augs dad
02-15-2002, 07:04 AM
I've done my own..they were ok...then went to a printer...raised letters, graphics and color...no comparison to what I did. I think a business card is where you buy the best....until the client knows you, the card is their permanent impression of you. I also use the double card that folds over...more info, stands up...numerous people told me the card made an impression...not much money spent on these

MOW ED
02-15-2002, 07:37 AM
2 schools of thought here. Some say short and sweet. Thats fine. Others say pack it full. If you are gonna go that route you should consider printing on BOTH sides of the card. Something like services on one side and the buz info on the other.
Good Luck.

LawnLad
02-15-2002, 10:57 AM
I'd have to go with the short and sweet... and definetely use a printer. Thermography is pretty standard (raised lettering) on business cards.

Granted a printer at home gives you some flexibility, but even the 'uneducated' can tell a professionally produced card versus one done at home. And with 1,000 cards, one sided with one color running about $30 - it's cheap. Not worth your time printing them at home.

Just my $.02

AztlanLC
02-18-2002, 02:13 AM
When I started I printed my own, some of the reason were because I wasn't sure of the name, telephone# and other factors, it took me a while but finally got my logo and everything the way I wanted theycame up pretty good.
I recommend using
avery clean edge (http://www.officedepot.com/shop/search/skuResults.asp?type=3&DIV%5FID=12&CATG%5FID=1209&SUB%5FCATG%5FID=1209002&FAM%5FID=172607&ANDOR=&WILDCARDS=&STEMMING=&advancedqu=business+cards&SID=T3F445W75K6Q9K6M9BL04WUU9L460PC4&PP=0)

After that I paid for the service.

gslam88
02-19-2002, 01:07 AM
IMHO (In My Humbul Opion)

I would say on a biz card make it short and sweet, the old keep it simple approach. If a card get too busy or something has too much on it something will get lost.

As far as cards , I went to www.vistaprints.com and only paid the $8.95 for shipping of 250 cards. That way in case I want to change the design or add any seasonal listings It cost a bit less.

Pete

:alien:

RoyeDillon
02-19-2002, 11:49 AM
vustaprint.com is way to go or local printer. I like short, too winded & your services get lost. Leave w/ enough info to call you to sell them on you.

walker-talker
02-19-2002, 11:56 AM
gslam88,

Is that price for the raised print (thermography...or whatever it is called) and just one color? That sounds like a hell of a deal!

MATT

RoyeDillon
02-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Vistaprint.com sorry typo. They are color. you have choices of only certain ones for that price chack it out & see. Mine should be here today hopefully.

gslam88
02-20-2002, 01:43 AM
Yes,

you can get a couple of colors but not a reaised print and the cards a just a little smaller than a regular bus card. However you would never know it.

Pete