PDA

View Full Version : Caps?

ExecutiveLawns
11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know where I can get these caps at? The place I got them last year no longer carries them. They fit on the c-9 and c-7 sockets. On my last invoice they were called "Saf-T-Cap" and on the cap itself it says www.stnickschoice.com but that site isnt available anymore. Please help.
Thanks

David Gretzmier
11-08-2008, 01:40 AM
I believe Holiday Lite Source sells these.

if you are interested, I invented a plug that takes the place of the cap. I was frustrated by the cap not fiting many c-9 sockets, so I designed a green outdoor vinyl plug, that fits inside the c-9 socket, to seal the inside of any c-9 socket. it also fits over and seals many c-7 sockets when flipped. If you are interested, PM me for prices.

turf hokie
11-08-2008, 07:25 AM
A lot of places stopped carrying them. I think they had water still getting into the socket. But we never had a problem and just stocked up when we heard they might be discontinued. Sorry, and good luck finding a source.

David Gretzmier
11-09-2008, 01:45 AM
we never had a water issue with the old caps, but I had issues with it fitting some c-9 cord. I was surprised at how no one is carrying the old caps, I checked litesource, christmas etc, action lighting, and a few others, and they seem to have disappeared. Ours is made for the c-9 intermediate bulb base diameter, so it fits all c-9's, and flipping it it will stretch to fit the outside of most c-7 socket, but not all. I really don't use this forum to sell, but if anyone needs c-9 caps , PM me.