PDA

View Full Version : 3,600hrs to many??

P.Services
11-09-2008, 01:32 AM
take a look at this machine for me ye wise old experts.

i know my pa's 200 has 7,000 on it but thats a much larger machine, would you be afraid of that many hours.

its a good price.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=6604129&GUID=18A5605C688141A199CDBD67F6A06EE9

Gravel Rat
11-09-2008, 01:43 AM
The machine looks clean enough. From the wear marks on the joysticks somebody with big meat hooks must have been running the machine.

The price is right. I would go look at it if it is tight and not worn out give the person the money get the machine on a trailer and head home with it.

P.Services
11-09-2008, 01:45 AM
take a look the sag in the one track???

is the track tension adjusted with grease like on a dozer?

if i can get that machine for $25,000 and every thing checks out ok i think it was a deal.

and its ready for a thumb.

Gravel Rat
11-09-2008, 02:02 AM
The track may just need some grease. The only way you are going to know is go look at it. The one picture of the sproket its not worn out.

For 25 grand your not going to get much better than that.

P.Services
11-09-2008, 02:03 AM
i have seen the seals blown or the "rod" bent inside the hosing so it cant hold any pressure.

coopers
11-09-2008, 03:02 AM
I don't think the hours are bad. High hours isn't always bad. Looks like it's in good condition though.

coopers
11-09-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't think the hours are bad. High hours isn't always bad. Looks like it's in good condition though.

Scag48
11-09-2008, 03:12 AM
3,600 is not high hours, IMO, for this size of machine. Anything over 7K hours is high hours on 7 ton machines and larger. Hell, one PC200 I ran this summer rolled 11K as I was running it. She ran pretty good but was tired, wouldn't drag a 30" bucket with fresh tigers worth a damn, but she still ran every day. I say go for it man, can't beat that deal.

AWJ Services
11-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I would ask them what they used it for and where they worked.
We have a bunch of utility companies that just install new services for new construction that the municipalities could not get to.
These machines seem to run all day even when they are just sitting idling.
The workers never shut them off especially in the summer.
That machine looks really clean in the tail swing which is a good thing.
The hours may be misleading.
Suwanee is in the Metro Atlanta area so they work in the same places as I do.

bobcat_ron
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
That's an excellent deal, Komatsu's are known to be trouble free, hell, my Dad's old 60's are still going with now more than 9000 hours on both of them.

RockSet N' Grade
11-09-2008, 12:12 PM
At about the 3,000 hr. mark, repair issues on smaller machines seem to appear. AWJ made some good points. You cannot compare hours on larger machines to small mini's - whole different animal. I would want to find out as much history, check it out personally and maybe a shop to see what the deal is. Right now in heavy equipment like hoes, mini's and skids they are a dime a dozen in our area and it is a buyers market. Drive a hard bargain and even though the stated asking price may be reasonable, I would not be paying that much. Unless you get it at below current market value, keep looking - these things are on every street corner, parking lot, bank repo lot, etc....

GradeMan
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Not a bad deal for 25, The hours would scare me as long as everything checked out, The tracks need to be pumped up as one guy said but not a bad machine if you can put it to work right away. If you have no work hold off prices are going to be a fallin.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gravel Rat
11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
The excavator I ran the most had over 11,000hours on it. It was well worn but the machine still ran and worked on jobs.

Like I said you have to look at the machine in person never buy a machine sight unseen.